Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

My experience with applying and getting EEA FAMILY PERMIT!

My experience with applying and getting EEA FAMILY PERMIT!

Old Aug 18th 2016, 4:38 am
Just Joined

SuzyCube is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My experience with applying and getting EEA FAMILY PERMIT!

Originally Posted by Allahmuhammad
thank u once again.
u have sent me a link regarding how a file to be assess within the home office rules. i am happy u have given ur time to my attentions. but please i am looking other stages of these cases than this. i have been studied already all of this which u sent me. please be aware that regulation 8 is demanded for residance permit within the uk and family permits from out side the uk. there are almost similarity. i have beeb visited few forums. i know that my ban doesnt effect me to apply with eu regulations because i am not applying for within the uk immigrations rules. so please if u find some thing other than requirements send me any sepcipic inquiry in support of me. i am satisfied that trasnfer of funds are suficient enough from sponsor to show a dependency. stay connected.
Sorry, but I think you don't understand the essence of EEA Family Permit... You never said but I guess you are only the brother in law of an EEA national who is actually not a family or extended family member in the British law...This is why I sent the link because you can find the correct definition of extended family member. If your brother has EEA citizenship already you can try this family permit, if not you have to find an other way...

"Definition of extended family member
Regulation 8 defines an extended family member as a person who is not a family member of
an EEA national under regulation 7(1)(a), (b) or (c) and who is either:
 A relative of an EEA national or their spouse or civil partner who is dependent on the
EEA national or is a member of their household, and:
o is accompanying the EEA national to the UK or wishes to join them, or
o has joined them in the UK and continues to be dependent on them or to be a
member of their household.
 A relative of an EEA national or their spouse or civil partner who strictly requires the
personal care of the EEA national or their spouse or civil partner due to serious health
grounds.
 A relative of an EEA national who would meet the requirements of the Immigration
Rules for indefinite leave to remain (other than those relating to entry clearance) as a
dependent relative of an EEA national as if the EEA national was a person present and
settled in the UK.
 The partner of an EEA national, other than a civil partner, who can prove they are in a
durable relationship with the EEA national. A durable relationship is an unmarried
partnership which has normally subsisted (continued in existence) for two years or
more.
There is no limit on the distance of the relationship between the EEA national or their
spouse or civil partner and the extended family member as long as they can provide valid
proof of the relationship between them.

Definition of relative
The term ‘relative’ includes:
 brothers
 sisters
 aunts
 uncles
 cousins
 nieces
 nephews.
This list is not complete. You can also include those related by marriage and further
generations of the above relatives such as great-aunts, great-nephews and second cousins."
Old Aug 27th 2016, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

rickster000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Can anyone answer ..

1) Are there different requirements or processes for
a) a FP for a temporary visit and
b) a FP for a permanent move?

2) I'm hearing of a lot of non-EU family members entering UK with just EU Residency Card plus Marriage Cert (rather than FP), although for some it has meant arguing their case at the check-in desk, however it seems the airlines are becoming more clued up on this law. Is there any other good reason, apart from avoiding flight hassles, to get a FP rather than go this route?

3) Re above, I don't really understand how on one hand UK law states that a RC & Marriage Cert is enough yet on the other a FP requires all sorts of info to be provided. Am I perhaps getting mixed up in the purpose of each?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Aug 27th 2016, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Allahmuhammad is an unknown quantity at this point

yes my brother is in uk with eu nationalty and qulified person as self emplyed, he is not brother in law. i know u have given me info us useful, its not like this that u r not right. i am thinking for this to apply family permit. my files being ready i have already a case in court. i will have to look at outcome if this and with this i hope i will do this.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

alchemy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SuzyCube
Thank you Alchemy! It's really hard to stay calmed because other people received an issue number via email, other people can track the application process on the internet but we don't know anything 10 weeks ago already. I checked the process time in Banjul and the UK government site says in June and July 100% of applications have been decided in 30 days. What's happened with ours then??? Do you have idea what to do now or which department should to call? Thank you and so sorry...I am quite desperate already...lol
Hey sorry for the late response ... i'm really busy, look keep calm, there are many ways to come with your husband to the UK legally, or try going to the embassy where you applied and ask them
i wish they give right..... already to be here
Old Sep 15th 2016, 5:56 am
Just Joined

please any one tell me family permit regulation 8/2 that would this be need without personal care of eu or the personal care is must a requirement for eu national for their extended family memeber for coming in uk. because i have studied different sources on uk gov website this looks like that 8/1,8/2,8/3,8/4,8/5 different need for different relatives. but as i am a extended family member and brother of eu so any personal care is demanded or not this is my question.
Old Oct 15th 2016, 10:49 am
Just Joined

rusa is an unknown quantity at this point

hello i need your help pls from who already apply eea family permit . my spouse write cover letter, it is on english language and does it need notary on not ?
Old Oct 15th 2016, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rusa
hello i need your help pls from who already apply eea family permit . my spouse write cover letter, it is on english language and does it need notary on not ?
no this is not important but if u do than little good, with letter other pappers will explain things about ur file. good luck and post ur file soon.
Old Oct 15th 2016, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

rusa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Allahmuhammad
no this is not important but if u do than little good, with letter other pappers will explain things about ur file. good luck and post ur file soon.
thank u so much
Old Dec 15th 2016, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

gplay7713 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adi008
Hi alchemy,

You don't bother me. You can easily apply in British Embassy in Warsaw. When I applied I was in Poland for 3 months and didn't have my Karta Pobytu yet so it should not be a problem for you. Just make sure you have required documents which I mentioned in the post.
BROTHER HOW MUCH PROCESSING TIME IS MAX FOR EEA FP EXTENDED FAMILY PERMIT 6 or 12 weeks? and also direct family members other than spouse?
Old Dec 15th 2016, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gplay7713
BROTHER HOW MUCH PROCESSING TIME IS MAX FOR EEA FP EXTENDED FAMILY PERMIT 6 or 12 weeks? and also direct family members other than spouse?
yes u r right this will take about 15 days to 6 weeks in minimum to maximum any kind of 180 days leave to enter.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gplay7713
Hi brother the process is up to 15 working days.
Old Dec 18th 2016, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Shah4575 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!i am confused about immigration rules uk i married to Portuguese citizen and i am holding residence card family member of europen area i mean article 10 .so we have decided to go uk together ..i am well known that i can go on residence card with European family member .my question is that how can I exchange my Portuguese residence card to uk one ?if not i have to submit an application as a direct family member or spouse or family member of qualified person.what will be the procedure that i can follow..
Old Dec 18th 2016, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Hello everyone!i am confused about immigration rules uk i married to Portuguese citizen and i am holding residence card family member of europen area i mean article 10 .so we have decided to go uk together ..i am well known that i can go on residence card with European family member .my question is that how can I exchange my Portuguese residence card to uk one ?if not i have to submit an application as a direct family member or spouse or family member of qualified person.what will be the procedure that i can follow..
Old Dec 18th 2016, 9:11 am
Just Joined

I think you got great experience by doing that..in,t?
Old Dec 18th 2016, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shah4575
I think you got great experience by doing that..in,t?
Hey Bro can I ak you ?
Are you sure 100% you can be in the UK on your resident card? Because I had one but I can't visit the UK & I never hear that & Mr allahumuham..... are u sure too? What the hll advice you sayinh to people ?

If i's it apermanent residence card, we can say mabye u can "MAYBE" is an ID card and can be used Internally within Portugal so you don't need to carry a Passport but cannot be used to travel to UK or outside EU.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.