Moving to the UK to join my girlfriend

Old Jul 2nd 2020, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Nikewade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the UK to join my girlfriend

Hello,

First of all, this is my first time using this website so if I did not post this in the right place please tell me.
Me and my girlfriend have been together for almost 3 years now and met each other online. She lives in England and I live in the USA. I have spent a lot of time with her in England via the tourist visa (About a year or so of time). I have gone back and forth from here to there living out my max amount of time and then coming back. We have spent a ton of time together and have a ton of proof of it. She lives with her parents and I spent my time there living with her. We are now trying to find a way for me to live in England permanently with her, we are willing to marry or do whatever it takes at this point but want to find the fastest route. We have done a bunch of research about the fiancé visa and all of that and are willing to start that process but we want to know what the best route would be to do that. I will give as much info that is needed so ask away. For the record she is 18 and I am 19.

My main concern is the financial situation, I know she has to be able to sponsor me when I come there. She has a minimum wage job. Whilst living there, I met her parents and family and they love me, they let me stay there and told me that whatever I needed they would try their best to help out. Would they be able to sponsor me alongside her? They are willing to let me stay with them as long as needed and said that they would help out with money as much as they could. Is this possible? Thank you guys in advance!
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the UK to join my girlfriend

How much does your girlfriend earn per annum?

Her parents would have to gift her money (not loan) in order to make up the shortfall.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the response! Yea she does not make much, probably about 14-15k a year, atm she is on furlough due to corona so a lot less. Her parents have salary jobs, how would gifting money work?
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Let's say 15K .

Her parents would need to gift her 25K GBP. They would deposit this into her bank account and she would need to have it there for 6 months before applying for the visa. Also, don't forget another 5K GBP for visa fees.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

I see, yea we looked into something like this but I don't think this will be possible. A large amount of money like that is close to impossible, is there not a way for her to have a joint sponser? For example her mother makes around 50 - 60k a year, would she not be able to sponsor me in some way?
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nikewade
I see, yea we looked into something like this but I don't think this will be possible. A large amount of money like that is close to impossible, is there not a way for her to have a joint sponser? For example her mother makes around 50 - 60k a year, would she not be able to sponsor me in some way?
No.....
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

I have done some research and it looks like the USA has a joint sponsorship program, would maybe a lawyer help in doing something like this to gain entry into the UK? Is there not a way to gain entry via mariage if the partner that lives in the UK does not make the minimum salary amount? She is fully supported by her parents and it is essentially the same thing, they would be able to sign something saying this is the case. I would also be living with them full time.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No.... there is no joint sponsorship for the UK - period.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

I see, is there any other way to do this? What are my options?
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 4:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Could your gf get a better job, or a 2nd job to make up the difference maybe?
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No other options, at this time, with regard to getting married to girlfriend - financial requirements have to be met.

As you are only 18 and 19, maybe wait until you are in a better financial situation?

Old Jul 2nd 2020, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Sadly I don't think so, she is only half way into being 18, this is her second job and she is currently a student. She works around 32 hours a week (Five guys). I work, and I make around $20k a year currently but I dont think that matters much.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
No other options, at this time, with regard to getting married to girlfriend - financial requirements have to be met.

As you are only 18 and 19, maybe wait until you are in a better financial situation?

We have already waited around for 2 - 3 years, I am sort of in a bad place atm as far as where I live. I just find it weird that there is no way to do this, she has a family that is willing to give me a place to stay, food, and whatever else is needed. I would be willing to get a lawyer to see if they could look into anything, the point of the sponsorship is to show that I will be taken care of etc.. I read that there are special cases, maybe this could be one of those?
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We have already waited around for 2 - 3 years, I am sort of in a bad place atm as far as where I live. I just find it weird that there is no way to do this, she has a family that is willing to give me a place to stay, food, and whatever else is needed. I would be willing to get a lawyer to see if they could look into anything, the point of the sponsorship is to show that I will be taken care of etc.. I read that there are special cases, maybe this could be one of those?
You are not a special case..... your lawyer will not be able to do anything, so don't waste your money. There is no joint sponsorship......
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 4:59 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately there is no other way. This won't help much but to put it into perspective, many married couples with children have been separated by these financial requirements.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.