Moving from NZ to UK any chance now??.

Old Mar 15th 2020, 9:11 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 5
hawkes12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from NZ to UK any chance now??.

Is anyone in the same boat as us. We made the decision many months back to move back to the UK from NZ. I am a kiwi with a UK wife and 3 kids who all hold UK passport, I still have to get a spousal visa approved before entering the UK. However, we are halfway through the process and our plans are in turmoil with the coronavirus outbreak. The plan was looking to move back in June/July after I hopefully had my visa approved, we had advised our jobs earlier in the year that we would definitely move back in the middle of the year.

It’s fairly stressful at the moment and we feel caught between so many things that we have absolutely no control over. We are in the process of selling house and we were going to rent for 2-3 month until we left. Is anyone else in limbo like us, just looking for thoughts and views from people that are stuck like us and see what they are doing.

- Do you think we would even be able to fly to the UK in July?

- Do you think the UK will still be issuing spousal visa?

Thanks

Last edited by hawkes12; Mar 15th 2020 at 10:15 pm.
hawkes12 is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2020, 9:43 pm
  #2  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 6
Skiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving from NZ to UK any chance now??.

Originally Posted by hawkes12 View Post
Is anyone in the same boat as us. We made the decision many months back to move back to the UK from NZ. I am a kiwi with a UK wife and 3 kids who all hold UK passport, I still have to get a spousal visa approved before entering the UK. However, we are halfway through the process and our plans are in turmoil with the coronavirus outbreak. The plan was looking to move back in June/July after I hopefully had my visa approved, we had advised our jobs earlier in the year that we would definitely move back in the middle of the year.

It’s fairly stressful at the moment and we feel caught between so many things that we have absolutely no control over. We are in the process of selling house and will make a substantial amount on it (plan to buy a house in UK) and we were going to rent for 2-3 month until we left. Is anyone else in limbo like us, just looking for thoughts and views from people that are stuck like us and see what they are doing.

- Do you think we would even be able to fly to the UK in July?

- Do you think the UK will still be issuing spousal visa?

Thanks
Hi yes we are in the exactly the same situation! Was hoping to be back in Uk in July at the latest in order to for children to start the new school term in August, now we don’t know how this will affect us, have let out employers know we are leaving and just waiting on house selling but now in limbo after months of planning!
Just got to remain positive that it will all work out in our timeline!
Myself and children have UK passports but need spouse visa for my husband. Planning to use Cash savings from sale of house for visa.
Good luck for your move!

Skiwi is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2020, 10:05 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 5
hawkes12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving from NZ to UK any chance now??.

Thanks we are in exactly the same situation as you , we are doing the same just trying to remain positive that things will calm down in 3 months

hawkes12 is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2020, 10:59 pm
  #4  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 16,694
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from NZ to UK any chance now??.

The UK is taking an approach to the rest of the world. It's unlikely to change tack and seal its borders between now and July. Providing the VACs stay open in New Zealand you shouldn't encounter any Coronavirus related problems.
BritInParis is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2020, 11:29 am
  #5  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 2
TreacleP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving from NZ to UK any chance now??.

We are hoping to move back to the UK in August....so yes same boat and really worried about it. Due to my daughters age and the fact she would be starting her GCSE year I really dont want to leave it any long than that. Fingers crossed!!!
TreacleP is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2020, 8:11 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 5
hawkes12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving from NZ to UK any chance now??.

Hi , how are your plans looking now? we are still hopeful but every report coming out of the UK looks terrible either about the virus or economy. We are hoping things improve and we are more looking at Sept we initially wanted to be there by July. Either way we still have to sell our house and that might never happen now! so its all up in the air at the moment.
hawkes12 is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2020, 8:30 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Timmy Chch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Chch
Posts: 189
Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from NZ to UK any chance now??.

Just thinking solely of selling your house if there's any way to put off the sale then I'd try for that route, could you delay by a school year? Yes, there's more returning kiwis in NZ looking for houses but surely there's bare minimum demand currently, you'll be getting cheeky offers from first home buyers always but until the market sets it's price there won't be much buying/selling unless urgent sales which means peanuts! Good luck

Last edited by Timmy Chch; Apr 14th 2020 at 8:39 pm.
Timmy Chch is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2020, 4:25 am
  #8  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 13
Jac2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Moving from NZ to UK any chance now??.

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch View Post
Just thinking solely of selling your house if there's any way to put off the sale then I'd try for that route, could you delay by a school year? Yes, there's more returning kiwis in NZ looking for houses but surely there's bare minimum demand currently, you'll be getting cheeky offers from first home buyers always but until the market sets it's price there won't be much buying/selling unless urgent sales which means peanuts! Good luck
In the same boat, I feel too much uncertainties and impossible to plan anything

- Cannot sell house due to lockdown restrictions and bare minimum demand, ( or lower price I guess )
- Already told boss plans of moving and have just started to look for replacement before COVID-19 in Feb. Boss has very generously offer to keep me longer than summer/till my new schedule (who know when that would be)
- UKVI / VFS is (partially) closed, not sure when will open and how long the visa will take
if luckily get the visa and 30 days vignette, then
- flights might not be available or more costly
- freight costs for moving is much higher ( I guess I need 10 feet container or less )
- difficulty to look for a place to rent / get utilities setup / open bank a/c / school / look for a job / register GP in UK if land during a lockdown period (who knows if there will be second/third wave??)
- if depression, difficulty to find a job;
Jac2020 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.