Moving from NZ to UK any chance now??.

Old Mar 15th 2020, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

hawkes12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from NZ to UK any chance now??.

Is anyone in the same boat as us. We made the decision many months back to move back to the UK from NZ. I am a kiwi with a UK wife and 3 kids who all hold UK passport, I still have to get a spousal visa approved before entering the UK. However, we are halfway through the process and our plans are in turmoil with the coronavirus outbreak. The plan was looking to move back in June/July after I hopefully had my visa approved, we had advised our jobs earlier in the year that we would definitely move back in the middle of the year.

It’s fairly stressful at the moment and we feel caught between so many things that we have absolutely no control over. We are in the process of selling house and we were going to rent for 2-3 month until we left. Is anyone else in limbo like us, just looking for thoughts and views from people that are stuck like us and see what they are doing.

- Do you think we would even be able to fly to the UK in July?

- Do you think the UK will still be issuing spousal visa?

Thanks

Last edited by hawkes12; Mar 15th 2020 at 10:15 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2020, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Skiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving from NZ to UK any chance now??.

Originally Posted by hawkes12
Is anyone in the same boat as us. We made the decision many months back to move back to the UK from NZ. I am a kiwi with a UK wife and 3 kids who all hold UK passport, I still have to get a spousal visa approved before entering the UK. However, we are halfway through the process and our plans are in turmoil with the coronavirus outbreak. The plan was looking to move back in June/July after I hopefully had my visa approved, we had advised our jobs earlier in the year that we would definitely move back in the middle of the year.

It’s fairly stressful at the moment and we feel caught between so many things that we have absolutely no control over. We are in the process of selling house and will make a substantial amount on it (plan to buy a house in UK) and we were going to rent for 2-3 month until we left. Is anyone else in limbo like us, just looking for thoughts and views from people that are stuck like us and see what they are doing.

- Do you think we would even be able to fly to the UK in July?

- Do you think the UK will still be issuing spousal visa?

Thanks
Hi yes we are in the exactly the same situation! Was hoping to be back in Uk in July at the latest in order to for children to start the new school term in August, now we don’t know how this will affect us, have let out employers know we are leaving and just waiting on house selling but now in limbo after months of planning!
Just got to remain positive that it will all work out in our timeline!
Myself and children have UK passports but need spouse visa for my husband. Planning to use Cash savings from sale of house for visa.
Good luck for your move!

Old Mar 15th 2020, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks we are in exactly the same situation as you , we are doing the same just trying to remain positive that things will calm down in 3 months

Old Mar 15th 2020, 10:59 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The UK is taking an approach to the rest of the world. It's unlikely to change tack and seal its borders between now and July. Providing the VACs stay open in New Zealand you shouldn't encounter any Coronavirus related problems.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 11:29 am
Just Joined

TreacleP is an unknown quantity at this point

We are hoping to move back to the UK in August....so yes same boat and really worried about it. Due to my daughters age and the fact she would be starting her GCSE year I really dont want to leave it any long than that. Fingers crossed!!!
Old Apr 14th 2020, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Hi , how are your plans looking now? we are still hopeful but every report coming out of the UK looks terrible either about the virus or economy. We are hoping things improve and we are more looking at Sept we initially wanted to be there by July. Either way we still have to sell our house and that might never happen now! so its all up in the air at the moment.
Old Apr 14th 2020, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Just thinking solely of selling your house if there's any way to put off the sale then I'd try for that route, could you delay by a school year? Yes, there's more returning kiwis in NZ looking for houses but surely there's bare minimum demand currently, you'll be getting cheeky offers from first home buyers always but until the market sets it's price there won't be much buying/selling unless urgent sales which means peanuts! Good luck

Last edited by Timmy Chch; Apr 14th 2020 at 8:39 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2020, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Jac2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Moving from NZ to UK any chance now??.

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch
Just thinking solely of selling your house if there's any way to put off the sale then I'd try for that route, could you delay by a school year? Yes, there's more returning kiwis in NZ looking for houses but surely there's bare minimum demand currently, you'll be getting cheeky offers from first home buyers always but until the market sets it's price there won't be much buying/selling unless urgent sales which means peanuts! Good luck
In the same boat, I feel too much uncertainties and impossible to plan anything

- Cannot sell house due to lockdown restrictions and bare minimum demand, ( or lower price I guess )
- Already told boss plans of moving and have just started to look for replacement before COVID-19 in Feb. Boss has very generously offer to keep me longer than summer/till my new schedule (who know when that would be)
- UKVI / VFS is (partially) closed, not sure when will open and how long the visa will take
if luckily get the visa and 30 days vignette, then
- flights might not be available or more costly
- freight costs for moving is much higher ( I guess I need 10 feet container or less )
- difficulty to look for a place to rent / get utilities setup / open bank a/c / school / look for a job / register GP in UK if land during a lockdown period (who knows if there will be second/third wave??)
- if depression, difficulty to find a job;