Moving home to have our baby

Old Sep 30th 2016, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Tartan Tuatara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving home to have our baby

My husband and I are living in New Zealand, I am pregnant with our 2nd child and we are moving back to Scotland to get some support from my family.

We can meet the financial requirements with our savings and we are going to live with family. I am not planning on working in Scotland but my husband would live to. Does my husband need to have a job offer before he can get a visa?
Old Sep 30th 2016, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving home to have our baby

Welcome to the forum! If you have savings of £62,500 or above which have been in an accessible account for six months or more, neither of you has to show any salary or potential salary. Does your first child have a British passport already? If not you should get one for him/her before you leave. Do read the wiki at the top of the page to make sure all the requirements will be met. Good luck!
Old Sep 30th 2016, 8:07 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tartan Tuatara
My husband and I are living in New Zealand, I am pregnant with our 2nd child and we are moving back to Scotland to get some support from my family.

We can meet the financial requirements with our savings and we are going to live with family. I am not planning on working in Scotland but my husband would live to. Does my husband need to have a job offer before he can get a visa?
Are you the British Citizen, if so, and you are not returning using the savings route, then it's YOU that has to fulfil the financial requirements, the situation regarding your husband's work does NOT come into the quation and his salary ccannot be used as part of the requirements.
Old Oct 1st 2016, 12:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you're meeting the financial requirements through cash savings then you, as the sponsor, do not need to have a job offer lined up in the UK. Your husband, as the applicant, would receive a spouse visa which would allow him to work freely in the UK. He can simply look for work after you arrive.
Old Oct 1st 2016, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you're meeting the financial requirements through cash savings then you, as the sponsor, do not need to have a job offer lined up in the UK. Your husband, as the applicant, would receive a spouse visa which would allow him to work freely in the UK. He can simply look for work after you arrive.
Your husband, the spouse visa holder, can work in the UK. It would be best for the OP's husband to apply for a National Insurance Number (NI No) as soon as he is in the UK. Most employers will ask for his NI No in job applications.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

As you are now pregnant, you will need to factor this in your application timeline as airlines generally would not let passengers in the advance stages of pregnancy to board an aircraft.
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 3:12 am
Just Joined

Wow thanks this is really awesome to know. Do you know which tier we apply for to get a spouse visa?
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tartan Tuatara
Wow thanks this is really awesome to know. Do you know which tier we apply for to get a spouse visa?
You don't apply for a Tier visa - you apply for a settlement visa for spouse -

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

You say you have savings which can meet the financial requirements for the spouse visa - so you apply for the spouse visa using the savings.

You as the Brit are the sponsor for your husband.

Once the spouse visa is issued you travel to the UK and your husband then is able to work.
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 8:34 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Seeing your username I just knew it would be an NZ to UK move.

All the very best to you both with this new phase in your lives.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You don't apply for a Tier visa - you apply for a settlement visa for spouse -

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

You say you have savings which can meet the financial requirements for the spouse visa - so you apply for the spouse visa using the savings.

You as the Brit are the sponsor for your husband.

Once the spouse visa is issued you travel to the UK and your husband then is able to work.
Thanks again for your help. By any chance do you know which part of this form I should fill in? I can see that I need to put my husbands details in the main applicant part, do I put my details on the first page?