Wikiposts

Moving back, Visa troubles

Old Mar 4th 2015, 4:20 am
Just Joined

NC Hammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back, Visa troubles

Hello

I'm new, be gentle. I am a British national, living in the US with my Wife, a US citizen. We have 2 children, both born in the US. We have made the choice of moving back to the UK after 7 years. My wife had a spousal visa in the UK for 3 years before we moved stateside. I have called the UK visa office, emailed too and I pay good money for bad advice, to ask what we need to do regarding visas for my wife and my children. Does anyone have any idea what we may need to do? Thank you
Old Mar 4th 2015, 4:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back, Visa troubles

Welcome to BE.

As your question is re your USC wife moving to the UK I have moved your thread over to the UK immigration forum.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Hammer
Hello

I'm new, be gentle. I am a British national, living in the US with my Wife, a US citizen. We have 2 children, both born in the US.
NC Hammer

Are you a British Citizen? If you are a British Citizen born in the UK, your children could be British Citizen as well. As British Citizens, your children will not need a visa to return to the UK. What you need to do is to apply for British Citizen passport for them.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You have a US wife. Even though she had a spouse via at some time, the fact that you have been out of the UK for 7 years means that that visa will have lapsed.

Unless your US wife has some access to European ancestry for an EU passport you will need to sponsor her for a spouse visa - settlement visa

Start here:

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

You will need to fulfill financial requirements. Read the following document carefully:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

You should obtain YOUR US citizenship, because if you wish to return to live in the US you would be in the same position as your wife - having to re-apply for spouse visa.

YOur children if eligible for British passports don't need to be sponsored.