Moving back to UK with US spouse

Old Sep 4th 2021, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Danielh82uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to UK with US spouse

Hello all. I’m sure this has been asked a million times but I have some questions regarding moving back to the UK with US spouse. The last time I looked into this there seemed to be two options for this. Either, have over £60,000 in savings in the bank or me go back to the UK first and get a job with a guaranteed salary of over £18k annually. First off, has this changed at all? Secondly, would the UK consider retirement savings as having savings over £60,000? Thanks for your advice
Old Sep 4th 2021, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK with US spouse

Same rules, nothing has changed.

With regard pension savings; if you are referring to having money in a pension fund rather then having monthly income from a pension, it would depend on the type of fund you are talking about. As per the rules, savings are described as 'cash, instantly available for your use'. Some funds are able to be liquidated quickly, others not so much. Money in say a final salary scheme would not fill the bill.
Old Sep 5th 2021, 12:07 am
Just Joined

Danielh82uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Same rules, nothing has changed.

With regard pension savings; if you are referring to having money in a pension fund rather then having monthly income from a pension, it would depend on the type of fund you are talking about. As per the rules, savings are described as 'cash, instantly available for your use'. Some funds are able to be liquidated quickly, others not so much. Money in say a final salary scheme would not fill the bill.
Great thank you! My pension is a final salary pension and would meet the required amount but it sounds like that won’t work :/ Thanks for the info though
Old Sep 5th 2021, 10:49 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You've already had advice from one of our leading experts, but another option is to have a job offer (in writing) from a UK employer citing a start date no more than 3 months of your return and of course a salary of over £18,600 p.a.