Moving back to UK - Need help on settlement visa

Old May 17th 2009, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK - Need help on settlement visa

Flea can you tell me how long a person has to enter the UK one a visa has been granted (IIRC when we had the SV before it was 3mths). We fall between ILR and Spouse Visa as we've been married for 4yrs officially (in Oz) on Nov 19th this year, but lived together before that and were married (unnoficially) in Korea in 04 (it's a long story and the Korean civil register is uber complicated and not recognised here in our case). We did spend 3 mths in the UK in 06 and we're looking to go at the end of the year. So I'm not sure how they will view us, ILR or not.

Also can anyone tell me if there would be a requirement for us to be in the same country before applying? We're trying to cover all angles in Mrs Triboy finishing her degree, the whole 4 yr thing and me being offered a job over there in the meantime (if that happens).
Old May 19th 2009, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
-[SNIP]-

Also can anyone tell me if there would be a requirement for us to be in the same country before applying? We're trying to cover all angles in Mrs Triboy finishing her degree, the whole 4 yr thing and me being offered a job over there in the meantime (if that happens).
I don't think that there is any requirement to be in the same country when applying. The applicant cannot be in the UK, and has to apply from the country that they are normally resident.
Old May 19th 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pommie Granite
I'm in the same boat Jack. I reckon that saying that you will stay in a hotel until you can rent, is an option. What it does mean is that when you arrive in the UK, if you are checked, and don't have a hotel booking, you could be refused entry. Noway am I booking a hotel until I have a visa.
Problem is though, that I think you have to show proof of suitable accommodation, when applying for the visa. I can't see that just saying I'll get a hotel, would be enough, as that would then become the standard response from everyone.
Old May 19th 2009, 5:39 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Flea can you tell me how long a person has to enter the UK one a visa has been granted (IIRC when we had the SV before it was 3mths). We fall between ILR and Spouse Visa as we've been married for 4yrs officially (in Oz) on Nov 19th this year, but lived together before that and were married (unnoficially) in Korea in 04 (it's a long story and the Korean civil register is uber complicated and not recognised here in our case). We did spend 3 mths in the UK in 06 and we're looking to go at the end of the year. So I'm not sure how they will view us, ILR or not.

Oh gaawwwd. I will have to go check later. I am so snowed under with red tape and beaurocracy this end, with half a dozen issues, that my mind is like cotton wool today (more than usual)

We left so soon after it was granted i dont know how long the limit of entry is.
I know they had extended the visa to 27mths which adds on the extra 3mths.
If you are not applying until the 4yr marriage date has past i cant see a problem though, but if you are saying you want to apply before that date then i am not sure. Best ask JAJ i guess.