Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Moving back to UK with husband, but starting job before he travels

Moving back to UK with husband, but starting job before he travels

Old Feb 25th 2016, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

BritBeirut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to UK with husband, but starting job before he travels

Hi, Really hope you can advise as this process is very confusing and stressful. I am British, currently living and working for the last 18 months in Lebanon, where I met my Lebanese husband.

I have a job offer to start at beginning of April and meet the financial requirements and planning to apply route 3B. We submitted the online application as of yesterday and plan to book an appointment for his Biometrics mid March and use the visa priority service if possible. I put the date for his planned travel as beginning May but stated in the application that we will be travelling together. However, I plan to travel back to the UK at the beginning of April, start my job and then fly back to Lebanon at the end of April, prior to his travel date and to travel with him at the beginning of May.

Can anyone advise if it ok for me to start my job back in the Uk prior to his departure date and then return once he has his visa and will fly? Will this cause any problems when they review the application?

Additionally I have been working in Lebanon but for a Uk organisation and my contract was agreed in the Uk and I have been payrolled from the Uk. Does anyone know if I can put the UK address of my employer within the VAF4A and would this still count as overseas employment as I am not working in the Uk just employed by a UK firm?

Also - any advice or experience with how to show evidence of whatsapp discussions? This has been our primary form of communication as we live together and see each other every day so dont have many emails or skype conversations.

Many thanks for your help!
Old Feb 25th 2016, 5:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK with husband, but starting job before he travels

As long as the British citizen half of a couple moves/returns to the UK with or ahead of the foreign spouse, it doesn't matter. There is no necessary need for you to return to Lebanon just to accompany your husband.

If you have been living together, under the same roof, and have documentation to prove that, there is no need for any evidence of communication; that only applies where you have never lived in the same city or country as your spouse.

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 25th 2016 at 5:09 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

BritBeirut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving back to UK with husband, but starting job before he travels

Many thanks for your advice, it is much appreciated.