Moving back to UK, advice appreciated

Old Oct 28th 2018, 4:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK, advice appreciated

Originally Posted by pendledreams5

thank you, thank you!
So if and when I get my Italian citizenship, how does that work for me living and working in the UK? Do I have easier access to things like the NHS, opening bank accounts, jobs? What kind of visa would I get? And would I still be eligible for permanent UK status and then British citizenship?
Thank you for answering all my questions, you have been very helpful!
This is subject to change depending on the outcome of the Brexit negotiations but if you enter the UK after 29 March 2019 before the end of the current proposed transition period (31 December 2020) then you can apply for ‘pre-settled’ status. This replaces the current EU residence cards. It will be valid for five years and cost £65. You’ll be able to work and access services and benefits like the NHS the same as anyone else. At the end of those five years you can then apply for ‘settled’ status. This is permanent and costs another £65. As the spouse of a British citizen you can then apply immediately for British citizenship once you have passed your Life in the UK (civics) test.

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families