Moving back to Uk

Old Mar 17th 2016, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

seagullsa1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to Uk

Good morning all.

I am new to this site and have read some of the previous posts on the subject of getting partners back to the UK.

I am a British citizen, who until 2012 lived in Sussex from birth. Having met my now fiancé on holiday I decided to move to New Zealand where she is from to be with her.

We are soon to have our first child together and because of this I would like for us to return to the UK so our child can be closer to my family. Plus the longing for home has never really gone and she is open to us moving back.

Anyway,as I understand it my soon to be born child would automatically qualify for a British passport so would have no restrictions to return. If I was to attain an offer of employment over the £18,600 income threshold and use my parents offer of accommodation as proof of somewhere to live, would this be acceptable to immigration?

Also, are there any alternative options for her aside from the partnership visa? I am not to keen on the idea of having to spend X amount of time apart whilst waiting for her visa application to be processed.

I would welcome any advice on what options are available.

Regards.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 9:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to Uk

If you are currently employed at a salary of at least £18,600 equivalent in NZ then you can get a visa based on a job offer starting within three months, and not have to spend time apart.

Living with your parents would be perfectly acceptable, assuming they don't live in a studio flat or bedsit!
Old Mar 17th 2016, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If you are currently employed at a salary of at least £18,600 equivalent in NZ then you can get a visa based on a job offer starting within three months, and not have to spend time apart.
Thank you for such a quick response. Yes I currently earn over the £18,600 level here in New Zealand. Would you know if it's acceptable to use parents as sustainable accommodation?

Regards
Old Mar 17th 2016, 9:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seagullsa1
Thank you for such a quick response. Yes I currently earn over the £18,600 level here in New Zealand. Would you know if it's acceptable to use parents as sustainable accommodation?

Regards
It looks like you found my reply above while I was adding to it.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

It looks like you found my reply above while I was adding to it.
Happy days!! Thanks for advising.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 9:59 pm

You're welcome!
Old Mar 17th 2016, 9:59 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

You just have to ensure that the job ofer is a genuine one, and in writing. The immigration people WILL check.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs
You just have to ensure that the job ofer is a genuine one, and in writing. The immigration people WILL check.
Ah yes. Someone reported here on BE just a few days ago, applying without a job offer despite ticking the box saying he did have a job offer. He was then surprised when the visa application for his wife was rejected.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 17th 2016 at 10:04 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes. Someone reported here on BE just a few days ago, applying without a job offer despite ticking the box saying he did have a job offer. He was then surprised when the visa application for his wife was rejected.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...advice-874212/
Old Mar 17th 2016, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Once a job offer is in place, is there a requirement to take up that position. Or if an improved offer arises in the meantime, am I tied to the position I submitted the application for. Plus if I am tied to the position is there a requirement to stay in that position for a minimum time. Also... ( apologies for firing so many questions) does immigration require me to notify them of any changes to my employment.

Regards
Old Mar 17th 2016, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Once a job offer is in place, is there a requirement to take up that position. Or if an improved offer arises in the meantime, am I tied to the position I submitted the application for. Plus if I am tied to the position is there a requirement to stay in that position for a minimum time. Also... ( apologies for firing so many questions) does immigration require me to notify them of any changes to my employment.

Regards
The job offer needs to be genuine as the ECO's do check up with the employer. If you get a better offer during the application process the you are free to accept it, but would need to inform the HO (additional paperwork).

You do not have to stay in job for any particular time. Remember the initial visa lasts 2.5 years and then you go through the process again with the same financial requirements - so you do need an income at that second stage

Once you have the visa you do not need to inform the HO about a change of job.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The job offer needs to be genuine as the ECO's do check up with the employer. If you get a better offer during the application process the you are free to accept it, but would need to inform the HO (additional paperwork).

You do not have to stay in job for any particular time. Remember the initial visa lasts 2.5 years and then you go through the process again with the same financial requirements - so you do need an income at that second stage

Thank you so much. The information I have received today has been invaluable. I have been tying myself up in knots fretting over this. But with the information I have received I feel very re-assured and the process seems a lot more straight forward now. Thank you.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 7:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl

AT the second stage you can include BOTH salaries, so a lot easier to meet, but the first stage it must be your salary alone.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a British citizen, who until 2012 lived in Sussex from birth. Having met my now fiancé on holiday I decided to move to New Zealand where she is from to be with her.
Would the OP considers applying for New Zealand citizenship if he is eligible? After all, just in case if things don't work out for your family in the UK.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HKG3
Would the OP considers applying for New Zealand citizenship if he is eligible? After all, just in case if things don't work out for your family in the UK.
Yes absolutely and good point. I am in the final stage of gaining residency as it would be foolish to have spent this time here without at the very least having the opportunity to return in the future should we
desire.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.