Moving back with Taiwanese wife

Old Oct 11th 2017, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back with Taiwanese wife

The good folks here will help guide you through the minefield - including where to buy your tin hats! As the centre of your life is here in the Phils, then you apply from here unless BIP knows different?
Old Oct 11th 2017, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Hydreliox is an unknown quantity at this point

First thing that has made me smile today - tin hats at the ready! At least that will make things significantly easier for us :-)
Old Oct 11th 2017, 8:52 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
The good folks here will help guide you through the minefield - including where to buy your tin hats! As the centre of your life is here in the Phils, then you apply from here unless BIP knows different?
You need to apply from a country in which you are a citizen or legal resident. So that would be Taiwan or the Philippines in the OP's wife's case. 'Centre of life' is a term related to Surinder Singh applications so not applicable here.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

I suppose best to call the consulate to double check where they would like her to apply from, just to be on the safe side. The term 'legal resident' may be ambiguous to different countries interpretation.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:06 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hydreliox
I suppose best to call the consulate to double check where they would like her to apply from, just to be on the safe side. The term 'legal resident' may be ambiguous to different countries interpretation.
That would be a waste of time. You won't get an answer. If your wife is resident in the Philippines on a work permit then she can apply from the Philippines. What she couldn't is go on holiday to, say, Singapore and apply from there.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Hi good people. We have both been doing more research into our next move and it seems the UK is the place we very much want to be

Following BiP's wonderful advice we shall be applying through VFS Global Manila office. I am just trying to check that I haven't missed any of the paperwork and document process from our own checklist before making the application.

I am aware the following list is extensive and perhaps excessive, but I have tried to compile anything that I believe may act as evidence to support our application.

For purposes of clarification when I refer to partner I will be referring to myself, the sponsor.
When I refer to spouse I shall be referring to my wife, applicant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Application
-Visa application by applicant
-Appendix 2 - VAF4A
-Letter of Sponsorship
-Undertaking Form
-Bio-metrics Confirmation
-Proposed travel itinerary to UK for Entry

Documents
-Applicant current passport
-Applicant old passport
-Sponsor passport copy
-Applicant and sponsor’s child’s passport
-Sponsor Birth Certificate
-Applicant Birth Certificate
-Child’s Birth Certificate
-Sponsor’s Parents Passport Copies
-Sponsor’s Parents
-Marriage Certificate Sponsor and Applicant
-Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate Sponsor and Applicant
-Sponsor and applicants current working visa status in foreign country
-Current employment contract
-Medical certificate
-TB clearance

Education
-Sponsor’s Education Certificate
-Applicant’s Education Certificates
-Applicant’s IELTS certificate
-Applicant’s Proof of Enrollment to English Language GCSE

Finance (62500 Route)
-Bank Statements from sponsors UK account
-Bank Statements from applicants foreign account
-Letter from sponsor parents confirming gifted amount
-Letter from sponsor parents guaranteeing financial support
-Bank statements of sponsor parents
-Payslips from sponsor current job in a foreign country
-Letter from current employer stating payments made in cash and not into bank account
-Applicants evidence of life insurance policy covering sponsor and child
-Applicants evidence of current stock portfolio and previous transactions
-Proof of sale of car - notarized transfer of ownership

Accommodation
-Sponsor parent’s letter of consent of right to abode in their premesis
-Proof of sponsor parent’s house ownership (property deeds)
-Pictures of parent’s house showing facilities and living conditions to be used by sponsor and applicant
-Proof of sponsors parents current bills and council tax payments

Supporting Evidence
-Several years of correspondence between applicant and sponsor, predating and post marriage
-Letter from applicant about relationship with sponsor and intentions of work in the UK including undertaking GCSE English Language examination
-Proof of hotel reservations of applicant and sponsor
-Proof of flights of applicant and sponsor
-Current employment contract
-Proof of sponsor national insurance contributions paid
-Wedding photo’s x4
-20 various photos dictating family life, marriage, evidence of travel, sponsor parent’s and siblings visits, sponsor’s parent’s grandchildren all together etc.
-Sponsor CV
-Applicant CV
-Taiwanese Household Registration showing applicant, sponsor and child
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Is there anything we have missed or things we should certainly omit? We won't have sorted the cash until probably March 2018 so hoping to get everything together over the next 12 months to apply Oct/Nov 2018

Cheers
Old Oct 14th 2017, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a note for the OP - any of the above listed documents not in the English language will need to be professionally translated for the application.