Moving back to Essex after 6 years in Canada

Old Jan 3rd 2010, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to Essex after 6 years in Canada

Originally Posted by SlumdogPauper
----------------------------------
Who you kidding?That's a BIG DROP from Microelectronics and Computing degree to "HANDYMAN"?
Coz IT professionals are in demand ALL OVER!
NOT A SINGLE JOB IN HIS FIELD SINCE 2002?
Are you sure he does'nt have one of those dodgy online degrees?
Yes thats why its insulting- so stop being so bloody abnoxious-we have'nt all had it easy since we got here.

Degree was from Bournemouth University- not that its any of your business.

You should be banned - you are a right little twat! Read the bloody forum, loads of IT people are struggling to find work!
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
No..let him keep on PB..he'll hang himself
I have reported him cos I am fed up with taking crap like that from people like him- he has no concept of what struggle we have all been thru since we came to Canada- its a bloody insult.

Last edited by shelley748; Jan 3rd 2010 at 8:49 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 8:58 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
I have reported him cos I am fed up with taking crap like that from people like him- he has no concept of what struggle we have all been thru since we came to Canada- its a bloody insult.
Someone says something you don't like so you think they should be banned? Not agreeing with what slumdog posted, it mostly seemed a load of unvalidated waffle, however rising above it is perhaps the more adult thing to do than tell teacher you had sand thrown in your face. This thread seems to have degenerated into a load of unvalidated waffle in general, to a few insults as some posters had nothing really useful to put or did not know the grown up words.

Lots of people have struggled and had to go through a lot, some got though it some did not.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 9:00 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you reported him, but its often a waste of time on here
Last time i did it (which is very rare) i didnt even get a reply, but then, saying that, theres one set of rules for some people on here and another for others. You might get lucky
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 9:01 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Someone says something you don't like so you think they should be banned? Not agreeing with what slumdog posted, it mostly seemed a load of unvalidated waffle, however rising above it is perhaps the more adult thing to do than tell teacher you had sand thrown in your face. This thread seems to have degenerated into a load of unvalidated waffle in general, to a few insults as some posters had nothing really useful to put or did not know the grown up words.

Lots of people have struggled and had to go through a lot, some got though it some did not.
He didnt just say something she didnt like, he was personally abusive to her husband... there is a difference.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

goner4200000 will become famous soon enoughgoner4200000 will become famous soon enough

My cul de sac is full of IT people and those who still have jobs live day to day wondering if it's there turn next.

You almost need a degree to work in McDonalds here and speak french too! At least in the UK you can work your way up the food chain from humble beginnings if you have the drive and personality to succeed. Oh and you might get more than 2 weeks A/L as well and not have to wait 20 years to have some seniority in a company so you can get time off in the summer LOL.
\
No where is perfect but I truly believe my kids will be better served career/Edcuation wise in the UK over the next 5-10 years than here.

Best of luck to you all planning to move back.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

He has offended a lot of other posters here- and when you have been thru a lot, you don;t need some little oik making snide comments- it hurts.

I posted a legitimate question earlier and he has made fun of the fact that my poor husband has had to do handyman work rather than IT work- how do you think my husband feels about having to do this???????

Even the original poster has not been back on because of the insults that SlumDog has thrown at him, I really feel for the original OP becos we have been thru it too. I know other people have, I am not the only one- but for goodness sake we don;t need insults thrown at us as well as having to be fighting to earn a living.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glad you reported him, but its often a waste of time on here
Last time i did it (which is very rare) i didnt even get a reply, but then, saying that, theres one set of rules for some people on here and another for others. You might get lucky
Thanks Flea- glad to read you are still enjoying it in UK!!
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by goner4200000
My cul de sac is full of IT people and those who still have jobs live day to day wondering if it's there turn next.

You almost need a degree to work in McDonalds here and speak french too! At least in the UK you can work your way up the food chain from humble beginnings if you have the drive and personality to succeed. Oh and you might get more than 2 weeks A/L as well and not have to wait 20 years to have some seniority in a company so you can get time off in the summer LOL.
\
No where is perfect but I truly believe my kids will be better served career/Edcuation wise in the UK over the next 5-10 years than here.

Best of luck to you all planning to move back.
exactly!!
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 9:07 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

He didnt just say something she didnt like, he was personally abusive to her husband... there is a difference.
Of course she did not like it, otherwise why post what she posted. Did not notice any personal abuse, it seemed he questioned what was put in the post. How can one be personally abusive to someone you don't know? Some people are just way too sensitive.

What sugardog put was not particularly credible or well articulated, but that also goes for quite a few other posts in this thread that seem equally ignorant.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Of course she did not like it, otherwise why post what she posted. Did not notice any personal abuse, it seemed he questioned what was put in the post. How can one be personally abusive to someone you don't know? Some people are just way too sensitive.

What sugardog put was not particularly credible or well articulated, but that also goes for quite a few other posts in this thread that seem equally ignorant.
whats the point.......seems to me others can have a go on this site and be as abusive as they want and get away with it- not giving your site much of a reputation.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 9:14 pm

He has offended a lot of other posters here- and when you have been thru a lot, you don;t need some little oik making snide comments- it hurts.

I posted a legitimate question earlier and he has made fun of the fact that my poor husband has had to do handyman work rather than IT work- how do you think my husband feels about having to do this???????

Even the original poster has not been back on because of the insults that SlumDog has thrown at him, I really feel for the original OP becos we have been thru it too. I know other people have, I am not the only one- but for goodness sake we don;t need insults thrown at us as well as having to be fighting to earn a living.
Agreed, insults and incivility are not necessary and really only go to demonstrate ones ignorance and lack of education. Insults are what you read into them and how they are recieved, they are however merely words with little significance. Only the recipient can make them into an insult, ignore them and they are nothing.

I myself have taken several steps back during my working life, in hindsight not sure whether they were good or bad, I learned something from every one though. It is what we make of it, which can be a struggle at times, often we feel worse about ourselves than others see us. Some jobs may seem more menial than others, yet the reduction in stress and slower pace can sometimes be a blessing.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 9:16 pm

whats the point.......seems to me others can have a go on this site and be as abusive as they want and get away with it- not giving your site much of a reputation.
Abuse is a sign of ignorance, why seek to degenerate to the level of others.

What site do you refer to as my site? I don't have a site.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 9:26 pm
I don't give a damn

If you didnt see it i suggest you go have a closer read back.

And dont mistake micky taking for ignorance.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 11:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can we get the thread back on track please now the reported posts have been removed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.