Moving back from canada with spouse

Old Sep 11th 2021, 1:30 am
Just Joined

charliea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back from canada with spouse

Hi there.

Were back to working on our UK spouse visa since it took a back shelf due to covid. Hoping someone here can shed some light on these questions as i cant seem to find an answer anywhere on here.

So i have a over a year of earnings above 18,600 here in Canada,. Any we will have all the paperwork needed. My question is on the application itself. We are hoping to come back to UK in the new year, but spend a few months away doing some travelling. Is it possible to send off our application here in Canada in say October for we hope a decision by December. But when we get the visa no returning till march or so after we have travelled and visited family etc. Is the visa valid for the 2.5 years from date of arrival or date of issue. How would it work if i delayed the job offer until we got home. Reason being is that it would be impossible to travel around without my wife's passport. Anyone have any experience on this. I know it may seem a leisurely approach but we have wanted to travel for years now aswell as get back to the Uk and be with family a while. Or should we enter the uk and then leave for a trip, it would still mean delaying employment by a couple months.

Thanks in advanced
Old Sep 11th 2021, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from canada with spouse

Visas are taking around 3 months to process. In your application you will therefore provide a date for travelling to correspond with the issue date. e.g. apply 15 July for travel to UK around 15 October. You have 30 days to enter the UK and pick up your BRP. (if you don't pick up the BRP, you either have to arrange for a new BRP or the visa lapses)
The job in the UK which you will need to have been offered in order to be able to apply from the US, must start within 3 months of your return e.g 15 Jan

You can't apply in the US Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – overseas sponsor returning to the UK - if your job does not start within 3 months of your return.