Moving back to Canada in 3 weeks

Old Nov 17th 2010, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moving back to Canada in 3 weeks

Originally Posted by dollface
Morning hun XX
Hi lovey! I'm getting outa this thread sharpish! Hope you all well and hope to see you soon!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Thats the part I like best. Park the car and walk around all the different shops and get a bit here and a bit there
Have to agree....nice to have a shopping mall but here in the U.K we also have high streets and other areas to shop....so you have more of a choice of how you want to shop......it does take sometime to get use to again but once again thats part of life back in the U.K and Europe...
Old Nov 18th 2010, 3:06 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pinkkristen
I guess what you mean by shopping. I was generally meaning clothes shopping. I think the UK is a ALOT better than here. Mind you i have saved a ton of money as i don't really bother with fashion seeing as i struggle getting stuff i really like here. Kids clothes are more expensive here if you want decent stuff, though i will back Joe of loblaws for young kiddie clothes.
In terms of supermarkets, i still think the UK has a better range of foods. I hate here that when you want something like a couple carrots and 2 potatoes you have to drag all 3 kids into the supermarket. i used to pull over at my local greengrocers, nip in and out in 5 mins - done!! Maybe thats me being disorganised and not planning, but never have been like that and do things last minute!

Horses for courses i suppose, but you can't beat a good shop round Leeds, i would always be able to find a whole load of stuff for the family in one day.

The plazas here are handy for parking etc, but they are very dull and lack any imagination.What is it you can't find?

I also loved the browsing and wandering down the street with the kiddies in the pushchair, not looking for anything in particular. I would get the train (which the kids loved) to the next town, be able to walk them to the park by the river, walk back up into town, browse the shops, pick a DVD, take them for a hot choc in the local cafe, head back up to the train, nip into M@S or tescos, get food, head back on the train and walk back to the house, oh and pop in on a friend on the way back from the train station Day Done!!!
Thats an understatement. They are only good if you want , wings, pitta, sub, pizza, or acrylic nails.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 3:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bomber Harris
I'm still trying to work out what a post about moving to Canada by someone in Australia is doing in the moving back to the UK section, never mind about where to shop in Canada.
Um, because it's an Expats forum for people returning to their homes after a stint in another country.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 12:14 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Thats an understatement. They are only good if you want , wings, pitta, sub, pizza, or acrylic nails.
I had a couple of shopping malls I liked where I could shop for a whole range of stuff from craft supplies, through kitcheny stuff, books, cheap and pricey jewelry, vitamins etc, bulk foods, and not to mention the clothes and shoes, which rarely interest me much.

I do like a good high street in England, but they're under threat. I'm not so keen on wandering the big city centers like Leeds. Just too much and too tiring unless you know exactly where things are.

Each to their own.

I never thought I was that keen on shopping for amusement until I didn't have it any more. But we have chosen to live in small places here, so that's part of the problem. Before we left, we lived in Nottingham, and I did enjoy going into the shopping area back then just for entertainment. I believe it was one of the first with a pedestrian area, wasn't it?

A part of emigrating and immigrating is learning new things about ourselves, isn't it?

Bev
Old Nov 20th 2010, 1:10 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Um, because it's an Expats forum for people returning to their homes after a stint in another country.
Actually, I don't see what it has to do with Moving Back to the UK either ... but as has been said, if we're not interested, I guess we don't have to read it.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute

So why is it then that this part of the forum is called moving back to the UK instead of returning home?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at anyone, I just thought it was an odd place for the OP to post their news and wondered if I was missing something.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Actually, I don't see what it has to do with Moving Back to the UK either ... but as has been said, if we're not interested, I guess we don't have to read it.
Absolutely right, but because I'm a nosey beggar I had to read it despite the title of the thread to understand why it was in MBTUK. (I bet I'm not the only one either )
Old Nov 20th 2010, 8:54 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

So why is it then that this part of the forum is called moving back to the UK instead of returning home?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at anyone, I just thought it was an odd place for the OP to post their news and wondered if I was missing something.
Absolutely right, but because I'm a nosey beggar I had to read it despite the title of the thread to understand why it was in MBTUK. (I bet I'm not the only one either )
Well then. I guess all of us not originally from UK will have to ask Sue to close our accounts then.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Well then. I guess all of us not originally from UK will have to ask Sue to close our accounts then.

Old Nov 21st 2010, 1:16 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I think the point wasn't to do with who is "allowed" to post on or be a member of BE, it was more a comment on this forum being an odd place for this thread. I think you may be reacting a little over-sensitively to some pretty innocent observations ... especially in comparison to other forums beginning with "A" and ending in "a" ...

... but then maybe that is why the thread is better off here.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 9:38 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkkristen
Hi lovey! I'm getting outa this thread sharpish! Hope you all well and hope to see you soon!
We're well and busy...................hope to be able to get together soon - XMas night out for sure - have to get Ruth on it!