Moving back to Canada in 3 weeks

Old Nov 9th 2010, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice
Default Moving back to Canada in 3 weeks

Well after living in Australia for just over 2 years, we are flying back home to Canada in 3 weeks.

I have been very lucky to secure my old position back, so that is a huge weight off my shoulders.

I will look back with fond memories of my time in Australia, but with my OH out of work, we have no recourse but to go back home. In a way I am glad to be going back... back to great shopping, cheaper cost of living, and most of all family and friends.

Cheers

Karen
Old Nov 9th 2010, 5:13 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to Canada in 3 weeks

Good luck with the move home I hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
Well after living in Australia for just over 2 years, we are flying back home to Canada in 3 weeks.

I have been very lucky to secure my old position back, so that is a huge weight off my shoulders.

I will look back with fond memories of my time in Australia, but with my OH out of work, we have no recourse but to go back home. In a way I am glad to be going back... back to great shopping, cheaper cost of living, and most of all family and friends.

Cheers

Karen
Homes home wherever you are in the world...good luck....
Old Nov 9th 2010, 4:31 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, Canada and great shopping in the same sentence... I can tell Im not in the Canada forum!

Good Luck with the move
Old Nov 9th 2010, 4:39 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Blimey, Canada and great shopping in the same sentence... I can tell Im not in the Canada forum!
And it's the second thread saying it too.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Really ~ great shopping am I missing something
Anyhoo best of luck to the OP on their move back to canada
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

wowzers - great shopping, Australia must be really bad

Good luck with the move though, home is where the heart is and all that!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink

Good Luck with the move
LOl yes but they are moving from Aus to Canada...anywhere would have good shopping after Aus.............only joking....well only a little....
Old Nov 16th 2010, 11:37 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkkristen
wowzers - great shopping, Australia must be really bad.
Okay, I'm curious. You clearly think UK shopping is much better than Canadian. In what way? I find I'm still hunting for where to get things, and it's usually one place for this, then another for that, then another for the next. Some things can be hard to find at all.

On line shopping's much better, but not useful if you want to touch and try something before you buy.

Bev
Old Nov 16th 2010, 2:47 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm
I find I'm still hunting for where to get things, and it's usually one place for this, then another for that, then another for the next. Some things can be hard to find at all.

Bev
Thats the part I like best. Park the car and walk around all the different shops and get a bit here and a bit there
Old Nov 16th 2010, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bevm
Okay, I'm curious. You clearly think UK shopping is much better than Canadian. In what way? I find I'm still hunting for where to get things, and it's usually one place for this, then another for that, then another for the next. Some things can be hard to find at all.

On line shopping's much better, but not useful if you want to touch and try something before you buy.

Bev
I guess what you mean by shopping. I was generally meaning clothes shopping. I think the UK is a ALOT better than here. Mind you i have saved a ton of money as i don't really bother with fashion seeing as i struggle getting stuff i really like here. Kids clothes are more expensive here if you want decent stuff, though i will back Joe of loblaws for young kiddie clothes.
In terms of supermarkets, i still think the UK has a better range of foods. I hate here that when you want something like a couple carrots and 2 potatoes you have to drag all 3 kids into the supermarket. i used to pull over at my local greengrocers, nip in and out in 5 mins - done!! Maybe thats me being disorganised and not planning, but never have been like that and do things last minute!

Horses for courses i suppose, but you can't beat a good shop round Leeds, i would always be able to find a whole load of stuff for the family in one day.

The plazas here are handy for parking etc, but they are very dull and lack any imagination.

What is it you can't find?

I also loved the browsing and wandering down the street with the kiddies in the pushchair, not looking for anything in particular. I would get the train (which the kids loved) to the next town, be able to walk them to the park by the river, walk back up into town, browse the shops, pick a DVD, take them for a hot choc in the local cafe, head back up to the train, nip into M@S or tescos, get food, head back on the train and walk back to the house, oh and pop in on a friend on the way back from the train station Day Done!!!
Old Nov 17th 2010, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Practically an entire thread yet again about the best consumer deals. Buying, shopping, spending, buying, consuming, spending, shopping, buying. No wonder other cultural groups look down their noses at us.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Seneca21
Practically an entire thread yet again about the best consumer deals. Buying, shopping, spending, buying, consuming, spending, shopping, buying. No wonder other cultural groups look down their noses at us.
Whats wrong with talking about buying, consuming, spending? Its what a lot of us to everyday. Candians are always talking about the latest deals in their flyers and where they can get this that and the other. whats wrong with us doing the same.
You need not read if you find it boring or unnessesscary. There are a lot of threads i find the same, but decide to skim over them and move on.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 12:35 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkkristen
Whats wrong with talking about buying, consuming, spending? Its what a lot of us to everyday. Candians are always talking about the latest deals in their flyers and where they can get this that and the other. whats wrong with us doing the same.
You need not read if you find it boring or unnessesscary. There are a lot of threads i find the same, but decide to skim over them and move on.
Morning hun XX
Old Nov 17th 2010, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seneca21
I'm still trying to work out what a post about moving to Canada by someone in Australia is doing in the moving back to the UK section, never mind about where to shop in Canada.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.