Move back to UK with Canadian wife

Old Jun 10th 2016, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Sidie82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move back to UK with Canadian wife

Hi all,

I'm currently living in BC Canada with my Canadian wife, things have kind of gone to crap though and it's likely we are going to have to move back to the UK. It looks like for her to be able to come over on a spouse visa I will have to have a job there and earn over a certain salary or sufficient savings to be able to sponsor her (neither of which we have, I'll most likely have to move there first and then look for work with the line of work I'm in).

Does anyone know if it would be possible for my parents to sponsor her instead, or even act as 'guarantors' for sponsorship??

Thanks!
Old Jun 10th 2016, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move back to UK with Canadian wife

No third party sponsorship is allowed.

Read the following document carefully to see how you could qualify:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

With regard to using savings/pensions to meet the requirements, these can be yours, your spouses, or both.

Savings can be used to top up where the sponsor does not earn the necessary 18,600 GBP per annum
Old Jun 10th 2016, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If your wife has any European or British ancestry there may be other options for you such as getting a European/British passport, using Ancestry visa etc
Old Jun 10th 2016, 9:11 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl

With regard to using savings/pensions to meet the requirements, these can be yours, your spouses, or both.

Savings can be used to top up where the sponsor does not earn the necessary 18,600 GBP per annum
If you do use the savings route any monies provided by a third party MUST be a gift and not a loan
Old Jun 10th 2016, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for this link! I'm going to have a good read through.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

If your wife has any European or British ancestry there may be other options for you such as getting a European/British passport, using Ancestry visa etc
She does have Scottish ancestry, I think it's at least 2 or 3 generations back when they came to Canada but definitely still worth looking into, in case
Old Jun 10th 2016, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sidie82
She does have Scottish ancestry, I think it's at least 2 or 3 generations back when they came to Canada but definitely still worth looking into, in case
You are looking for grandparents born in the UK.