Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

The most quickest / efficient way for a British national to marry a foreigner

The most quickest / efficient way for a British national to marry a foreigner

Old Feb 25th 2019, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Craig1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The most quickest / efficient way for a British national to marry a foreigner

Hi Guys,

First time poster here - I did try to search around google, but the information presented wasn't as straight forward as I had hoped.

I have been with my girlfriend for just over a year now. She holds both a Russian (where she was born) and American (where she's lived the last 15 years) passport.

A project in Taiwan is about to get the green light this week, where I will be expatriated to. My work has advised that they can support my girlfriend with perks such as allowance, insurance, healthcare, dental care etc, but only if we are married. So we are now trying to work out what is the quickest and most efficient way to get a marriage certificate. My work said this is a requirement from Taiwan, and not themselves (can anyone also confirm if this is the case?)

Bear in mind if we married in the UK or USA, it is purely for the certificate and we wouldn't be residing in either country.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Old Feb 25th 2019, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Craig1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The most quickest / efficient way for a British national to marry a foreigne

Also, I am not sure of the possibilities, but would there be an even quicker process if we married in a European country? Can that work also? Whatever is the quickest way is what is needed, as this move is going to come in real quick.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 6:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The most quickest / efficient way for a British national to marry a foreigne

Gibraltar. You can do it over a weekend and you’ll even get a British-style marriage certificate.