Mortgage and visa

Old Aug 23rd 2018, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mortgage and visa

Hi all
Maybe I'm a little early asking it, because my fiance hasn't received his visa yet, but hopefully in next 30BD he will.

I'm living with my parents, the house is big, and can accommodate all of us and my fiance according to the gov guidelines, in his fiance visa application we have said he will stay with me in my parents house, my parents provided all the legal documents (land registry, mortgage statement, letter allowing him to stay with us).

In the mean time I was looking for place for myself, especially thinking of long term, after getting married in the UK to live in our own place. On the bright side - I managed to find a place very quick, almost as soon as he applied I saw a flat, amazing place, and made an offer. On another bright note - there is no chain involved, and I will be getting the keys before my fiance receives visa (conveyance told me it will be fast and it's moving forward very fast).

Now, I'm confused for our next step. When my fiance will be in the UK, we will probably still living with my parents, because won't have much furniture in my flat, but I will have the keys. we will have our registry as soon as we legally can, so he can switch to spouse visa and can start to work and build up to his 5 years.

Should I change my address to my new home, and register him under our new home while he is in the UK, and continue to live with my parents, and go to the flat and check post on a daily basis (my parents house and my flat are in the same town)? and give my mortgage info when reapplied to spouse visa?

OR

Ignore that I have a flat, continue using my parents place (they are happy for us to stay there and use their address for legal documents) for switching from fiance visa to spouse visa, to keep the same address on both forms (keeping simple). After getting the card, we change the address to the new flat?

Do I also have to explain what happened with the money on bank account - because it will be reduced drastically (deposit payment), and it will show in my statement.
Also, on financeing side - I'm in full time employment with same employer for 3 years, earning well above £18,600 and still with the same employer. (just to confirm we did not apply using my savings)

Thank you.

Last edited by Nora_; Aug 23rd 2018 at 9:28 am.