Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

More than 9 months and no clue of my daughter's first passport

More than 9 months and no clue of my daughter's first passport

Old Jan 16th 2020, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Newuser2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More than 9 months and no clue of my daughter's first passport

Im an Afghan-British citizen living in Afghanistan . My wife is not a British. Just Afghan citizen. We all live in Afghanistan
I applied for my daughter's first child passport application on 27th march 2019. We have only option to apply from Islamabad gerrys visa Dropbox' as there is no such place in Afghanistan. So we were asked to apply from Islamabad which I did .

application was received by liverpool office on 29th march 2019
i received email asking for additional documents on 5th April
i received email on 25 the April asking for interview.
interview was done on 11th June and since then there's no update about the passport application. I submitted each n every supporting documents. It's going to be 10 months on 29th January 2019 and still no clue about the passport. I tracked the application once in August once in September and once in November.i receive the same answer everytime that your application is currently still under review. Has anyone else experienced the same as me ? Anyone from Afghanistan/Pakistan/India/banglash south Asian countries

Old Jan 17th 2020, 6:04 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More than 9 months and no clue of my daughter's first passport

Originally Posted by Newuser2020
Im an Afghan-British citizen living in Afghanistan . My wife is not a British. Just Afghan citizen. We all live in Afghanistan
I applied for my daughter's first child passport application on 27th march 2019. We have only option to apply from Islamabad gerrys visa Dropbox' as there is no such place in Afghanistan. So we were asked to apply from Islamabad which I did .

application was received by liverpool office on 29th march 2019
i received email asking for additional documents on 5th April
i received email on 25 the April asking for interview.
interview was done on 11th June and since then there's no update about the passport application. I submitted each n every supporting documents. It's going to be 10 months on 29th January 2019 and still no clue about the passport. I tracked the application once in August once in September and once in November.i receive the same answer everytime that your application is currently still under review. Has anyone else experienced the same as me ? Anyone from Afghanistan/Pakistan/India/banglash south Asian countries
Your experience is not uncommon given your circumstances. I expect you will need to wait 12-18 months.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your experience is not uncommon given your circumstances. I expect you will need to wait 12-18 months.
yes i do understand that my experience is not uncommon. As I appplied from Pakistan.
i recently tracked the application again on Thursday and I received no reply . I usually receive the reply to track by 2 3 hours but this time no reply till now.
When I had applied for my son's first child passport we received the passport in 5 months . We applied on August and received it on January .we were asked for DNA after interview and right after 21 days of DNA we received an email of collection of passports/documents. We submitted each n every documents this time also but no clue now . We are even ready for DNA but they are not even asking us for DNA either. No additional documents nothing . I'm just worried now as I read stories over here for example that Iraqi man whose child passport was refused. Is there any way that my application will also be refused ? If yes then what would be the reasons in ur opinion?? As this time I received no answer to my tracking it's making me more worried.

Old Jan 20th 2020, 12:07 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

yes i do understand that my experience is not uncommon. As I appplied from Pakistan.
i recently tracked the application again on Thursday and I received no reply . I usually receive the reply to track by 2 3 hours but this time no reply till now.
When I had applied for my son's first child passport we received the passport in 5 months . We applied on August and received it on January .we were asked for DNA after interview and right after 21 days of DNA we received an email of collection of passports/documents. We submitted each n every documents this time also but no clue now . We are even ready for DNA but they are not even asking us for DNA either. No additional documents nothing . I'm just worried now as I read stories over here for example that Iraqi man whose child passport was refused. Is there any way that my application will also be refused ? If yes then what would be the reasons in ur opinion?? As this time I received no answer to my tracking it's making me more worried.
There’s always a possibility of a refusal on the basis of identity but I think it would unlikely given your son has already been granted a passport. There’s nothing else for you to do at this stage but wait.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

There’s always a possibility of a refusal on the basis of identity but I think it would unlikely given your son has already been granted a passport. There’s nothing else for you to do at this stage but wait.
thank you for your time for replying me
also do u know what could be the reason that I didn't received any email of my tracking ? I fracked the application on Thursday and I received no reply. Can it mean that the passport is on the way/printed/dispatched ? In either way , there's no answer
Old Jan 20th 2020, 12:45 pm

thank you for your time for replying me
also do u know what could be the reason that I didn't received any email of my tracking ? I fracked the application on Thursday and I received no reply. Can it mean that the passport is on the way/printed/dispatched ? In either way , there's no answer
I wouldn’t read anything into it. They may just be busy.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

I wouldn’t read anything into it. They may just be busy.
do you think Brexit which is meant to happen on 31st January has anything to do with this much long delay of applications ???
Also what if the passport application gets refused ? If there any policy that we can apply again ????
Old Jan 21st 2020, 2:01 am

do you think Brexit which is meant to happen on 31st January has anything to do with this much long delay of applications ???
Also what if the passport application gets refused ? If there any policy that we can apply again ????
It’s nothing to do with Brexit and everything to do with your circumstances. Yes, you can always apply again if the application is refused, but again I think that’s unlikely to happen.
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 11:58 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Afghanistan is the problem, as it a red flag for passport applications (one user here several years back) had the same problem as you (but he got accepted a whole year later) he just needed to provide more evidence.

Old Jan 24th 2020, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Afghanistan is the problem, as it a red flag for passport applications (one user here several years back) had the same problem as you (but he got accepted a whole year later) he just needed to provide more evidence.
Yes i understand that it's a red flag country . But when I had applied for my son's first child passport with the same procedure etc we received the passport in 5 months . Just before 21 days of receiving passport we had received email asking for DNA which we had accepted .
But this time when it's my daughter's application, it's being almost 10 months
they are not even asking or any more evidence . It's just a frozen case now nothing going forward with the same reply "application under review"
we r really fraustrated at this point I'm being worried about refusal also. I tracked my application once in Aug once in Sep n once in November with same reply that it's under review . N recently when I tracked on 16th January 2020, I didn't receive any answer. Why didn't I receive any answer to tracking ???
Old Jan 24th 2020, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Whose casecwas similar to mines ? Can you please tag him or send his profile like to me ? So that I discuss and ask him stuff about his time