British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   More info needed (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/more-info-needed-944396/)

Glendarino Jun 16th 2022 10:31 am

More info needed

So had another email today saying they want evidence of APPLICANTS 6 month wage slips and 6 month bank account prior to the date of our application in December. Now applicants is where I just want to understand correctly……. Is this me , the husband the British resident or my wife from Canada, her wage and bank statements. Like what if she was unemployed during this period. I’m the sponsor as such so is it just mine

spouse of scouse Jun 16th 2022 10:42 am

Re: More info needed

Originally Posted by Glendarino (Post 13122278)
So had another email today saying they want evidence of APPLICANTS 6 month wage slips and 6 month bank account prior to the date of our application in December. Now applicants is where I just want to understand correctly……. Is this me , the husband the British resident or my wife from Canada, her wage and bank statements. Like what if she was unemployed during this period. I’m the sponsor as such so is it just mine

That sounds odd, as the applicant is definitely your wife. What financial requirements category did you apply under?

Glendarino Jun 16th 2022 10:45 am

Not sure I understand……. We just applied as to join spouse in the uk, I mean surely I’m her sponsor so as long I’m earning the correct amount etc isn’t that sufficient

christmasoompa Jun 16th 2022 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Glendarino (Post 13122285)
Not sure I understand……. We just applied as to join spouse in the uk, I mean surely I’m her sponsor so as long I’m earning the correct amount etc isn’t that sufficient

There are various categories, each has different requirements. So you are in the UK working over the minimum amount and sponsoring her to join you? That would be category A. https://assets.publishing.service.go...equirement.pdf

spouse of scouse Jun 16th 2022 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Glendarino (Post 13122285)

I asked because I thought if you were using your employment income to meet the financial requirement, you might have forgotten to send your 6 months of payslips and bank statements. In any event, unless something has changed drastically in the last few years, APPLICANT in the email is an error, it should read SPONSOR. The applicant doesn't need to provide any financial information at all, only you as the sponsor does.

Can you send a return email asking for clarification?

Glendarino Jun 16th 2022 11:29 am

Ahhhhh I seee. And I read that they can be combined in the catergories to make the minimum. So can include my wage slips and bank statements also

christmasoompa Jun 16th 2022 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Glendarino (Post 13122297)
Ahhhhh I seee. And I read that they can be combined in the catergories to make the minimum. So can include my wage slips and bank statements also

They can be combined, for instance if somebody isn't quite earning enough they can use savings to make up the shortfall.

But it sounds as though you've applied just using your salary? And you supplied the wage slips and bank statements?

If so, I agree with SoS, sounds like a typo and they meant sponsor rather than applicant…..but I don't understand why they're asking for something you've already supplied.

Glendarino Jun 16th 2022 11:39 am

So frustrating as you can imagine, but silver lining is it sounds like they are finally working on it after 6 months! I wouldn’t put it past them to have lost the info or something. Just have no faith in them.

SanDiegogirl Jun 16th 2022 3:34 pm

YOU, the British husband are the SPONSOR. Your wife is the applicant. On the application she should have stated 'wife'

On the application it is only YOUR income which is relevant to fulfill the financial requirements. You should not have included any information regarding her job (if she had one in Canada).

Presume you applied using your income and you sent all the necessary payslips and bank statements?

Did your wife complete and submit the application form from Canada? - asking the question, as I see from earlier notes that you posted the online form was showing 'husband' ?

SanDiegogirl Jun 16th 2022 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 13122298)
They can be combined, for instance if somebody isn't quite earning enough they can use savings to make up the shortfall.

But it sounds as though you've applied just using your salary? And you supplied the wage slips and bank statements?

If so, I agree with SoS, sounds like a typo and they meant sponsor rather than applicant…..but I don't understand why they're asking for something you've already supplied.

Wages cannot be combined for the INITIAL visa - only when applying for FLR(M)..... the OP is sponsoring his wife for the first visa and she is in Canada.

christmasoompa Jun 16th 2022 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 13122384)
Wages cannot be combined for the INITIAL visa - only when applying for FLR(M)..... the OP is sponsoring his wife for the first visa and she is in Canada.

In which case, apologies for the dodgy info OP.

So what's the 'entry clearance' referred to in the document above when it talks about combining the two, is that something different?

SanDiegogirl Jun 16th 2022 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 13122391)
In which case, apologies for the dodgy info OP.

So what's the 'entry clearance' referred to in the document above when it talks about combining the two, is that something different?

If both applicant and sponsor are in the UK legally and working (i.e applicant could be on say, Tier 4 visa in the UK and switching to spouse visa) then both applicant's and sponsor's income can be used.
If applicant is overseas and coming to the UK then only sponsor income can be used. (i.e applicant income presumed to be ending so no longer available)

christmasoompa Jun 16th 2022 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 13122393)
If both applicant and sponsor are in the UK legally and working (i.e applicant could be on say, Tier 4 visa in the UK and switching to spouse visa) then both applicant's and sponsor's income can be used.
If applicant is overseas and coming to the UK then only sponsor income can be used. (i.e applicant income presumed to be ending so no longer available)

Ah, I think we're talking about cross purposes - I was talking about combining income with savings, not with the applicant's income.

SanDiegogirl Jun 16th 2022 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 13122394)
Ah, I think we're talking about cross purposes - I was talking about combining income with savings, not with the applicant's income.

Sorry,.... yes I think we are. Savings, held by either applicant, sponsor or both, can be added to sponsor's income to meet financial requirements.