MN1 questions

Old Aug 20th 2020, 1:24 pm
Expert ping ponger

HighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default MN1 questions

We are in the midst of completing the MN1 online form via https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/ for my daughter to see if she can get her UK citizenship through me as a UK Citizen by descent and my Dad born in Glasgow. I have lived and worked in Scotland for the required 3 year period before my daughter was born in the US. I assume that scenario would make her eligible correct?

Also, I have completed the sections up to step 5 where you agree to the fees, but I didn't read anything on the online application or in any of the PDF guides/forms listed below if the supporting documents are fine being photocopies or if they need to be certified or they need originals.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...rms_Guide_.pdf
https://assets.publishing.service.go...n1-02-2020.pdf

Therefore, does anyone know what the acceptable forms are for the supporting documents and I assume once I have paid for the application, they will provide an address where these need to be sent too right?

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide.

#Update: I assume it is originals that are needed, based on reading through previous posts in this sub-forum, but wanted to see if somebody could confirm that.

Last edited by HighlandPenguin; Aug 20th 2020 at 1:35 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 2:54 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MN1 questions

Where are you applying from?
Old Aug 20th 2020, 3:20 pm
Expert ping ponger

HighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Where are you applying from?
BritInParis we are applying from the US where we are currently based. I also came across this link with some contact details that I might use too:

https://www.gov.uk/world/usa
Old Sep 28th 2020, 1:30 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you have been given the option to upload scans of your documents in Step 3 then you should scan the originals. If not the originals will either need to be scanned at the biometrics appointment or sent by post. You cannot provide photocopies of any original documents when applying by post other than your passports.