mn1 and form UKF

Old Apr 20th 2015, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

neils789 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mn1 and form UKF

I have just started to fill out form MN1 with help from you with the correct information.
(child now 10 was born in the USA pre 2006 to me UK citizen by birth and was unmarried to mother)

In the MN1 I had really got my head around it and got all the relevant info docs, birth cert, mum to sign etc. and now I see they have issued an updated form and new guide now saying I think that I need to fill out form UKF!

Do I fill out MN1 and UKF as In downloading it, it really does not seem to be as clear right now to me.

My child is 10 and cannot fill out this form, I would clearly have to do it for her, but it states only in the guide if someone other than applicant is filling it out then put there info in these boxes but needs to be an agent or solicitor not me the parent as the old MN1 stated.

If an agent (e.g. solicitor) is representing you, and you wish all correspondence to go through your agent, please put the name, address and telephone number in Part 1.14 to 1.17. Unless you are being represented by a private individual, it is the agent’s business name, telephone number, etc., which you should put here.

in UKF guide it states this for filling out section 2 1.33 not 1.27

Parts 1.27 to 1.40 – Details of your paternal grandparent(s), husband, or residence in the United Kingdom.
These sections only need to be completed where the information is relevant to whether you would have become a British citizen through your father if your parents had been married.

from my understanding here you fill out nothing which really doesn't make sense as this surely is what they require names of my paternal mother, grandparents copies of passports (as with MN1) and current mothers name etc.

There is no longer a box for mothers permission, as in MN1 which again seems odd as she is 10
This new form UKF seems to me if you read it, to be written for an adult applying not a child as with MN1.
I was really not confused until this need to file on 4g came to light, in the MN1 new guide.

I do hope someone can enlighten me.