Met the love of my life who happens to live in LONDON

Old Apr 29th 2013, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

LinaandChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Met the love of my life who happens to live in LONDON

Hello Forum,

I recently met the love of my life while she was on holiday in the United States. She is currently living and working in London. We are going to spend some more time together this month but I am wondering how long this will all take if she does decide to move to the Unites States. What are our options? Do we get married? If so, USA? London? I don't mind waiting, she is worth it. I just want to start thinking of a game plan.

C
Old Apr 29th 2013, 8:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Met the love of my life who happens to live in LONDON

Originally Posted by LinaandChris
Hello Forum,

I recently met the love of my life while she was on holiday in the United States. She is currently living and working in London. We are going to spend some more time together this month but I am wondering how long this will all take if she does decide to move to the Unites States. What are our options? Do we get married? If so, USA? London? I don't mind waiting, she is worth it. I just want to start thinking of a game plan.

C
Hi and Welcome to BE.

There are two basic methods of immigrating to the USA, based on marriage to a USC. Have a look at this Wiki guide which explains the two methods, and see which one sounds better to you, then come on back with any questions:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Compar...ge-based_visas

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Apr 29th 2013 at 8:56 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

What are our options?
Further to the link Rene gave you, there are basically 3 ways to get to the US: a family-based visa; an employment-based visa; and an investment-based visa.

Do we get married?
Marriage to a US citizen is certainly one of the easiest methods, but it is not the only route to get her to the US. This and this outline the various methods.

Ian
Old May 1st 2013, 3:48 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Forum,

C
You are a US citizen and she is a UK citizen I am guessing?