Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by mmabater
Hi. Anyone here from Manila, Philippines? I am just wondering what to do with the TB test once it expires? I am still waiting for the decision on my application as most of you are. Does this mean I need to get re-tested once I get approved?

Salamat!
Hi... I'm from Manila and just like you waiting for a decision 61 days and counting. I've found this on the net, quite a long read but I hope this helps:

Q22: I have a valid TB certificate, but it will no longer be valid at the time that I enter the UK. Can I travel to the UK with an expired TB certificate?

Because of the visa processing times, it may well happen that your TB certificate expires before you travel to the UK. The UKBA website does not offer clear guidance on whether or not your certificate still needs to be valid on entry. It merely recommends that you take the Certificate (plus X-ray) with you. It does not specifically state that the Certificate still has to be valid at the time of entry.

What do the Immigration Rules say?

There is no specific requirement in the Immigration Rules for your pre-testing TB certificate to be valid at the time of entry to the UK. There is only a requirement to present a valid certificate at the time you submit your visa application:

Immigration Rule A39. “Any person making an application for entry clearance to come to the UK for more than six months from a country listed in Appendix T Part 1 must present at the time of application a valid medical certificate issued by a medical practitioner listed in Appendix T Part 2 confirming that they have undergone screening for active pulmonary tuberculosis and that this tuberculosis is not present in the applicant.” (“at the time of application” means at the time you submit your visa application or, in legal terms, at the time you pay your visa processing fees).

Appendix T (the Appendix to the Immigration Rules on TB screening). “Migrants applying to enter the UK for more than 6 months from the countries listed below must present at the time of application a valid medical certificate issued by a medical practitioner listed in Part 2 of this Appendix confirming that they have undergone screening for active pulmonary tuberculosis and that such tuberculosis is not present in the applicant.” (again, “at the time of application” means at the time you submit your visa application or, in legal terms, at the time you pay your visa processing fees).

If your TB certificate expires before entering the UK, we recommend that you take the Certificate, and the X-ray with you to the UK. If you feel uneasy about this, you could of course always have another test, and take the old and new certificate with you.

Please remember that you should always refer to the UKBA website for up-to-date information before applying for any UK visas.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by IKInd
Received email today saying they will make decision by 31st October.
I am in my 24th week!!
Does that mean we are all going to have a party on 31 October?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyede
Your talking about i think the year 2000. The HO lost loads of papers and ended up approving them all, There was a lot about 2000 people. Some years later the applications were found piled high in a room
Oh dear! I'd be gutted if all my original documents won't be returned especially those cards, letters, pictures and other small mementos of happy times ü

Last edited by JAsh; Sep 27th 2017 at 6:12 am.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAsh
Oh dear! I'd be gutted if all my original documents won't be returned especially those cards, letters, pictures and other small mementos of happy times ü
It has always been my worry they lost our papersm I sent HO original and copy and sent by recorded delivery. So did not keep a copy. Everything signed for. My MP assures me they have my docs but always a doubt in my mind and have never been returned.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

mmabater is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi... I'm from Manila and just like you waiting for a decision 61 days and counting. I've found this on the net, quite a long read but I hope this helps:

Q22: I have a valid TB certificate, but it will no longer be valid at the time that I enter the UK. Can I travel to the UK with an expired TB certificate?

Because of the visa processing times, it may well happen that your TB certificate expires before you travel to the UK. The UKBA website does not offer clear guidance on whether or not your certificate still needs to be valid on entry. It merely recommends that you take the Certificate (plus X-ray) with you. It does not specifically state that the Certificate still has to be valid at the time of entry.

What do the Immigration Rules say?

There is no specific requirement in the Immigration Rules for your pre-testing TB certificate to be valid at the time of entry to the UK. There is only a requirement to present a valid certificate at the time you submit your visa application:

Immigration Rule A39. “Any person making an application for entry clearance to come to the UK for more than six months from a country listed in Appendix T Part 1 must present at the time of application a valid medical certificate issued by a medical practitioner listed in Appendix T Part 2 confirming that they have undergone screening for active pulmonary tuberculosis and that this tuberculosis is not present in the applicant.” (“at the time of application” means at the time you submit your visa application or, in legal terms, at the time you pay your visa processing fees).

Appendix T (the Appendix to the Immigration Rules on TB screening). “Migrants applying to enter the UK for more than 6 months from the countries listed below must present at the time of application a valid medical certificate issued by a medical practitioner listed in Part 2 of this Appendix confirming that they have undergone screening for active pulmonary tuberculosis and that such tuberculosis is not present in the applicant.” (again, “at the time of application” means at the time you submit your visa application or, in legal terms, at the time you pay your visa processing fees).

If your TB certificate expires before entering the UK, we recommend that you take the Certificate, and the X-ray with you to the UK. If you feel uneasy about this, you could of course always have another test, and take the old and new certificate with you.

Please remember that you should always refer to the UKBA website for up-to-date information before applying for any UK visas.

Hello JAsh. Very informative, thank you so much. Will just have to bring my certificate that would be expired by October.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

It has always been my worry they lost our papersm I sent HO original and copy and sent by recorded delivery. So did not keep a copy. Everything signed for. My MP assures me they have my docs but always a doubt in my mind and have never been returned.
What a mess! Lets hope that they have your documents. But i take it that when your MP assured you that they have your paperwork it was written in blackband white? That's one more proof for you when you file a complaint ü
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Nneky360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does that mean we are all going to have a party on 31 October?
Yes we all will celebrate
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine come 31st October there's a mass of decision made emails sent out..... Ah that would be pretty amazing.

But here's dreaming eh... We can dream, atleast HO won't charge us for that.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Imagine come 31st October there's a mass of decision made emails sent out..... Ah that would be pretty amazing.

But here's dreaming eh... We can dream, atleast HO won't charge us for that.
Right on!

Will probably be smiling from ear to ear despite being in the big queue at the airport immigration desk.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

What a mess! Lets hope that they have your documents. But i take it that when your MP assured you that they have your paperwork it was written in blackband white? That's one more proof for you when you file a complaint ü
No but i must have mentioned the fact about 5 times. Im paranoid about it.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Right on!

Will probably be smiling from ear to ear despite being in the big queue at the airport immigration desk.
I'd pick being in the huge queue anytime over the wait to hear back on a decision made on the application.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nneky360
Yes we all will celebrate
Maybe the person who compiled the chart with regards the 90 plus club can do us another chart with regards applications processed say between 31 October and 30 November. It will be interesting to see if Sheffield keep to their word or its another delaying tactic.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

I'd pick being in the huge queue anytime over the wait to hear back on a decision made on the application.
I would join you and pay £5 a pint in the airport on me if i new i was going to get an answer soon
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Question - if a decision as a no meaning no visa.

Can your partner travel to the UK on a tourist visa whilst the appeal is going on?

I know this might only be for 3 months but I'm thinking of both outcomes after such a long time.

My supporting documents were reviewed and organised my immigration solicitor

I am just fearful they assess the application without our supporting documents which they state they didn't have but we sent twice (the originals) and once as copies because they were in possession of the originals.

It would be massively unfair if such a scenario occured
Old Sep 27th 2017, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha I am willing to take the endless queue (which normally takes me up to a couple of hours everytime I arrive at Heathrow) plus all the wait for my lugguages to come 😜 to get the positive decision soon. I don't mind within the next couple of weeks 😂

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.