Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 23rd 2017, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Cecilia5778
I got my uk spouse visa today after three months since the application. When I applied it was told me very clearly that the time for processing would be 60 working days but if was in the high season for application , could be more than that. So I just sat and wait. As I am in my country and in my own house I could do this. But I advise you always to pay priority at least for the returning of the passport because took almost twenty days from the time the visa was stamped which means I have to arrive in UK within ten days other wise my vignete will expire and I will have to pay more ...Other thing that went totally the opposite of what I read in many forums and in many advice sites: I applied based solely in my own financial status and didn't care for my British husbands financial status because he doesn't make the required amount and I do. Everytime I read something about was always implied that is only the sponsors money that matters but this is not true.
Congratulations! when did you applied?
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

For those folk waiting +90 working days I have started a new thread. I am trying to compile a list of like minded folk as a basis of forming a possible 'action group' if we go past 120 working days. Please participate here:

http://http://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/sheffield-settlement-visa-90-day-delays-903545/

Last edited by KernowIan; Sep 23rd 2017 at 7:00 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
http://m.economictimes.com/nri/visa-and-immigration/uk-announces-crackdown-on-immigration-decision-to-hit-indians/amp_articleshow/54679933.cms
This article moreover for study and work visa.. I believe most of us has applied for spouse visa
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KernowIan
British Children do not pay IHS
They are not supposed to, but it seems that some kids who are British citizens but not passport holders are being charged the IHS fee. That would just be down to a lack of knowledge on the part of the UKVI staff.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife did her biometrics on 25 April in Bangkok. We were married 7 years ago and have lived together for all that time in our family home in Thailand. I moved back to UK on 19 May to set up home with our 4 year old son (British Passport) so that he could start primary school in September. He has been without his mummy now for four months and asks every night will he ever see his mummy again. My wife is a teacher (Thai govt officer). We easily qualify for settlement in all respects.

She is now on working day 107. My MP is on the case. I wonder what happens if we go past 120 days. I am at the lowest point ever in my life.
I applied from Bkk on 28th April too. Still waiting! They asked for more documents at 12 weeks and haven't heard anything since
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 8:32 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
I wonder if they are keeping indians specifically behind all others..
No. Poor/no forward planning is the cause of the current mess, nothing to do with the citizenship of applicants.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 9:29 am
Just Joined

MDoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Date of biometrics - 20th April 2017

Location of biometrics - Manila

MP - Streatham
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 10:20 am
Just Joined

Cecilia5778 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shielacity
Congratulations! when did you applied?
I applied in Brasilia, Brazil on June 21th. By applying I mean when I went to the center and had my biometrics taken and documentation taken. The email telling me about the decision was made came on the September 6th and was dispatched from the UKVI in Bogota ( apparently they are processing applications from several countries of South America in Bogota, Colombia) in the same day, but reached my home , which is in Amazon, only yesterday, 22th of September, therefore almost twenty days travelling, so I recommend always pay priority postal service for th returning of th passaport. My first application was refused last year because I didn't include a lot off proofs for my relationship and a financial document was undated. I appealed and was refused again, but the tribunal said in the letter the best was a fresh application and this time it was successful.

Last edited by Cecilia5778; Sep 23rd 2017 at 10:41 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Benjamin Kwartengsnr is an unknown quantity at this point

so they trying to say that there is no exact date they gonna release both the passports and visas
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

it's 6months already and no message about it
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks. For general posts regarding the delays at Sheffield please go to the MERGED thread.

This thread is to gain an insight of who has been waiting for more than 90 working days and to get an idea of any 'group' representation / action we might want to consider. Clearly our MPs are getting nowhere.

I suggest we each initially share the following information

Date of Biometrics

Location of Biometrics

Date of email receipt from Sheffield

Location Constituency of your sponsors MP
26th April biometrics in france
20th July not straightforward and requested docs.
26th July sent requested docs.
15th August i sent more docs myself.
MP involved but useless
Stopped calling as it waste of money
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Benjamin Kwartengsnr
it's 6months already and no message about it
weell, after the timeframe they set up in the emails, like 60 working days, after this time, you should start inquiring. Most of the times they will say, still in process , and you can't do anything. BUT Six months is too long waiting without an answer and you should start bugging some people. Unfortunately there are some horror stories about lost applications, or lost passaport and then someone is entitled to some compensation, but this not mean the visa will be granted even after all the trouble.

Last edited by Cecilia5778; Sep 23rd 2017 at 12:26 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PinkDia
My husband has been calling for me. Even The call centre people are surprised we haven't heard... they recognise his voice now!

It's just pathetic. Please let me know what we all want to do next and whom to email.... I'm in!
Thanks for the info PinkDia
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

am so confused right now and don't know what to even do again
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Benjamin Kwartengsnr
am so confused right now and don't know what to even do again
Go to this thread here that was opened , http://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/sheffield-settlement-visa-90-day-delays-903545/ You should call the center where the application has been processed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.