Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jul 14th 2017, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Britflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You keep referring to your "partner" Is this your wife or your unmarried partner?
Sorry I should have been clearer she is my unmarried partner
Old Jul 16th 2017, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Finally got bored with waiting on working day 53 so had my agent email sheffield on friday to ask if anything was wrong , or any problem with paperwork etc....
the response he got was the same day and went like this.....
"Your application is fine and all paperwork has been checked and all present and correct" " we are very busy and have had long delays processing applications"
"You will be contacted soon regarding your application"

To date we have received no phone calls, no emails confirming receipt of documentation, no on hold emails, no high court judgment emails, and no emails to notify us that the application has reached the next step! Not a single email from them! Other than the response to our enquiry on friday.

Im working out day 53 as friday 14th July as paperwork was sent to sheffield via email from Bangkok on the 28th April. So day 1 should be 2nd May.
Excluding weekends and bank holidays thats 53 working days as of 14th July.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

i would take that as a positive at least Sheffield replied and promptly. Our 60 days expires
2 August if you count date of biometrics as day 1. 11 August if you count date received docs in Sheffield.So we are on either day 40 or 47. Seems to be confusion about which day to use
i would have thought day of biometrics but nevertheless less i will wait till the beginning of August before i send an email. might ask my agent like you, After that will write to my MP as i really don't want this dragging on to long. I think if you push your more likely to get information. and as much as i am critical of Sheffield i know they are under a lot of pressure
so not ECO's fault. Can you update us on here if you here anything more positive before publishing your timeline, Incidentally still trying GWF link and nothing doing (number not recognised)
Old Jul 16th 2017, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
Finally got bored with waiting on working day 53 so had my agent email sheffield on friday to ask if anything was wrong , or any problem with paperwork etc....
the response he got was the same day and went like this.....
"Your application is fine and all paperwork has been checked and all present and correct" " we are very busy and have had long delays processing applications"
"You will be contacted soon regarding your application"

To date we have received no phone calls, no emails confirming receipt of documentation, no on hold emails, no high court judgment emails, and no emails to notify us that the application has reached the next step! Not a single email from them! Other than the response to our enquiry on friday.

Im working out day 53 as friday 14th July as paperwork was sent to sheffield via email from Bangkok on the 28th April. So day 1 should be 2nd May.
Excluding weekends and bank holidays thats 53 working days as of 14th July.
From what i can observe Sheffield are working to the limit of their service level agreement and sending out the success emails around day 60 so you only got to wait another week. Good luck mate.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

very sorry to here about your predicament. Its a disgrace that Sheffield not recognising your
previous IHS payments and if you did miss a payment because of a fault on the system (it happened to me too they should only give you 24 hours to pay)
Old Jul 16th 2017, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garyede
From what i can observe Sheffield are working to the limit of their service level agreement and sending out the success emails around day 60 so you only got to wait another week. Good luck mate.
Yeh i agree most decisions being made right on the 60 day or very close to! Will be posting full timeline once visa has been approved and will keep you posted if any news in
the meantime.... i believe the start date will be day the docs are received as there are many people who had biometrics but not sent paperwork for a week or two! Our application was started on April 11th , appointment on 28th when biometrics were taken...and docs forwarded to sheffield , then bank holiday weekend was upon us so they should have recieved everything 2nd May... im hoping no news is good news as if they wanted to contact me or needed any further evidence they would have been in touch by now! Although i was not expecting ours to be a straight forward case due to me being married once before to another Thai woman who i brought to the UK 15 years ago! When i was 25, i had to get all the divorce paperwork translated from thai to english as well as a decree absolute from the Thai ministry. Although her application took 3 days to process way back then!
Old Jul 16th 2017, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Yeh i agree most decisions being made right on the 60 day or very close to! Will be posting full timeline once visa has been approved and will keep you posted if any news in
the meantime.... i believe the start date will be day the docs are received as there are many people who had biometrics but not sent paperwork for a week or two! Our application was started on April 11th , appointment on 28th when biometrics were taken...and docs forwarded to sheffield , then bank holiday weekend was upon us so they should have recieved everything 2nd May... im hoping no news is good news as if they wanted to contact me or needed any further evidence they would have been in touch by now! Although i was not expecting ours to be a straight forward case due to me being married once before to another Thai woman who i brought to the UK 15 years ago! When i was 25, i had to get all the divorce paperwork translated from thai to english as well as a decree absolute from the Thai ministry. Although her application took 3 days to process way back then!

Well my wife had biometrics on 10 may, handed in her application form/appendix 2 at the same time, our step daughter too. Applications received in sheffield around 11 May and !3 May respectively (my step daughters application too). I received an email from sheffield around 14 May telling me supporting docs not received but if they were being forwarded independently (they were). Then i had 20 days from day of biometrics to get them in. Supporting docs were received by sheffiield 19 may Signed for via DHL but no actual acknowledgement by sheffield received but assume everything is ok apart from NHS fee for daughter which sheffield computer system didn't like. So you think day 1 is 19 May.

as regards your divorce i don't think that is a big problem as long as you got the divorce papers and translated in to English. We got married in Thailand although married to a philippina.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

From what you have told us i would reckon your chances be about 95%. can never be 100 but your nearly there. i take it your new wife is thai too?
Old Jul 16th 2017, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it okay to call them/ email them to know about the visa?
Old Jul 16th 2017, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

From what you have told us i would reckon your chances be about 95%. can never be 100 but your nearly there. i take it your new wife is thai too?
Yes she is Thai also. Been living out there since my divorce getting a tan 😂 Only decided to come back after our daughters 3rd birthday to get her into school in the UK
Old Jul 16th 2017, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
Is it okay to call them/ email them to know about the visa?
Yes you can contact sheffield for an update

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Old Jul 16th 2017, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Yes you can contact sheffield for an update

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Thanks!
Old Jul 16th 2017, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

You can contact them any time but i would only do it if your somewhere near the 60 day waiting period because if your not wether you paid for a priority visa or not you might just get the standard email response of your application not been processed yet, which is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and you have wasted 5.47 pounds. Telephoning might set you back 20 quid if your stuck in a queue and talking to some idiot who is not in a hurry!!!!
Old Jul 17th 2017, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

You can contact them any time but i would only do it if your somewhere near the 60 day waiting period because if your not wether you paid for a priority visa or not you might just get the standard email response of your application not been processed yet, which is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and you have wasted 5.47 pounds. Telephoning might set you back 20 quid if your stuck in a queue and talking to some idiot who is not in a hurry!!!!
I thought the call rate would be some 1.57£ but they are charging some 20£ .. I don't get it
Old Jul 17th 2017, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Any idea about the time frame for spouse visa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.