Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 14th 2017, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by acaguk
I did get this too. Have you received any more news about your visa?

My timeline is:

Country applying from: Philippines
Online application: 12 July 2017 (Standard or non-priority application)
Biometrics and scanning of documents at VFS: 24 July 2017
SMS from VFS (a country-specific service I believe) stating that the visa application for GWFxxxxxxxxx was forwarded to UKVI on 24 July 2017: 24 July 2017
Email acknowledging online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre and that application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer: 18 August 2017
Approval date: Awaiting decision as of this posting date
Hello there. No news from my visa application after that email. Let's keep in touch
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Here is the survey result. Please see the list in the timeline thread.

And here are the stats. Make of them what you can!
The survey was conducted to get an idea of some of the waiting times for applicants applying for the settlement visa to the UK. It is only a small survey of which 35 members of 2 forums supplied their information in a 7 day period. 1 member did not supply their status (priority/non priority). The time lines were based on business days using the day of biometrics as day 1. Of the 34 waiting times 15 were priority, 44% and 19 were non priority, 56%. 24 applicants have been waiting over 60 days, 71% and 10 have been waiting under 60days, 29%. Of the applicants over 60 days 18 were non priority, 53% and 6 were priority 18%. 10 members had timelines of fewer than 60 days, 29%. This comprised of 9 priority, 26% and 1 non-priority, 3%. There are 10 applicants who have been waiting 100 days or more, 29% and consist of 6 non priorities, 18% and 4 priorities, 12%. Worryingly 2 applicants, 6%, both non priorities have been waiting over 120 days which in the Home Office guidelines is the maximum wait.
What does this all mean if these figures are transferred to the 4 thousand applications still outstanding? The figures show that 71% of applicants are still waiting after 60 days. This computes to 2840 people. 53% are non-priority, 2120 people and 18% are priority 720 people. Staggeringly those waiting 100 days or more would equate to 1200 people. Not surprisingly members who have been waiting under 60 days are mainly priority visas which comprise of 1040 people. Finally the 2 members who have been waiting the longest (over 120 days) would equate to 240 applicants
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Agreed with you. It's worst to be in this state without being able to plan anything. At least they should give us some deadline so that we can plan our life accordingly. I have just passed 70 days, no proper responses to escalations or enquirers but always received the enquiry resolved messages 😂. I am about to lose my transfer job in London as the employer is running out of patience. I had to give up my job in Hanoi a couple of months ago. Now also facing the dilemma with schooling for my son as well. If there was some deadline, my life should not have been made up side down like this. FRUSTRATING.
I agree. The problem for me is not the length of time it takes, it's the fact we were misled into thinking it would be done in a maximum of 60 days and planned accordingly. We weren't supposed to apply until 12 weeks before our intended date of entry.

If they had just kept in touch, explaining the situation and giving realistic estimates for how long it would take, we could at least make better informed decisions. The complete lack of accountability is amazing.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maysaosama
Hi there,

I saw on the timeline thread I'm following that your visa finally came through. A massive congratulations!! I was also just a bit curious as I see you mentioning you hadn't received any notification that your passport was ready for pickup but it had actually been sitting at the pickup center for some time. Did you ever call UKVI to check on the status, and if yes, were they saying that a decision had been made yet?
Old Sep 14th 2017, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ryongsong
I agree. The problem for me is not the length of time it takes, it's the fact we were misled into thinking it would be done in a maximum of 60 days and planned accordingly. We weren't supposed to apply until 12 weeks before our intended date of entry.

If they had just kept in touch, explaining the situation and giving realistic estimates for how long it would take, we could at least make better informed decisions. The complete lack of accountability is amazing.
Yes it is amazing, isn't it. The thing is we paid an awful lot of money to receive this kind of service.
I received a request to top up IHS for my child due to system error on the 60th day which I made the payment promptly. Heard nothing since then. Any idea on how long it might take after the top up for them to make decision?
Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by garyede
Here is the survey result. Please see the list in the timeline thread.

And here are the stats. Make of them what you can!

The survey was conducted to get an idea of some of the waiting times for applicants applying for the settlement visa to the UK.
It is only a small survey of which 35 members of 2 forums supplied their information in a 7 day period.

1 member did not supply their status (priority/non priority).

The time lines were based on business days using the day of biometrics as day 1.
Of the 34 waiting times 15 were priority, 44% and 19 were non priority, 56%.

24 applicants have been waiting over 60 days, 71% and 10 have been waiting under 60days, 29%.

Of the applicants over 60 days 18 were non priority, 53% and 6 were priority 18%.

10 members had timelines of fewer than 60 days, 29%. This comprised of 9 priority, 26% and 1 non-priority, 3%.

There are 10 applicants who have been waiting 100 days or more, 29% and consist of 6 non priorities, 18% and 4 priorities, 12%.

Worryingly 2 applicants, 6%, both non priorities have been waiting over 120 days which in the Home Office guidelines is the maximum wait.

What does this all mean if these figures are transferred to the 4 thousand applications still outstanding?

The figures show that 71% of applicants are still waiting after 60 days. This computes to 2840 people. 53% are non-priority, 2120 people and 18% are priority 720 people.

Staggeringly those waiting 100 days or more would equate to 1200 people.

Not surprisingly members who have been waiting under 60 days are mainly priority visas which comprise of 1040 people.

Finally the 2 members who have been waiting the longest (over 120 days) would equate to 240 applicants
Really interesting piece of work Garyede & thank you for spending your free time to collate this for all those that have applied for this UK spouse visa and who are enduring these long wait times.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by london_2005
i hope next week but no information on that, and my wife needs to fly latest by next friday as she is pregnant and won't be able to fly afterwards - hate all this happening in the last minute
i collected my passport this morning and it's approved!!! still can't believe it. i hope all of you waiting get yours very soon, it was an unbelievable 3 months

Country applying from:: Turkey
Online application: 17 June 2017 - Priority
Biometrics and scanning of documents at VFS: 20 June 2017
Email acknowledging online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre and that application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer: 23 June 2017
No decision made email, no further documents requested, no nothing - i learnt the decision is made by calling them on 59th day - 12th September 2017, no update on TLS either
Only received an email from British Consulate this morning saying my passport is ready for collection
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Vendetta is an unknown quantity at this point

i collected my passport this morning and it's approved!!! still can't believe it. i hope all of you waiting get yours very soon, it was an unbelievable 3 months

Email acknowledging online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre and that application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer: 23 June 2017
No decision made email, no further documents requested, no nothing - i learnt the decision is made by calling them on 59th day - 12th September 2017, no update on TLS either
Only received an email from British Consulate this morning saying my passport is ready for collection
Hi I am in the same boat! Still waiting though, I'm on 25 working days priority now. We around another 4 weeks before airline will refuse flight.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:33 am
Just Joined

ozzyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats, gozun aydin so should we check with them via e-mail or call, since they do not inform us about the outcome on time? The service they provide really sucks.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Quophi is an unknown quantity at this point

After paying Priority and waiting 59 days, I received an email say that my case is not straightforward and an immediate email requesting for a document which was scanned at the Application Centre. Does anyone has idea how much longer I have to wait after sending the document again? Very frustrating that no one can question the inefficiencies of this whole system.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ozzyc
Congrats, gozun aydin so should we check with them via e-mail or call, since they do not inform us about the outcome on time? The service they provide really sucks.
thanks ozzyc, having followed multiple forums during the past 3 months; i would say anything is possible - so i suggest you call/email them if you don't hear anything after 56-58th day
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Quophi
After paying Priority and waiting 59 days, I received an email say that my case is not straightforward and an immediate email requesting for a document which was scanned at the Application Centre. Does anyone has idea how much longer I have to wait after sending the document again? Very frustrating that no one can question the inefficiencies of this whole system.
it depends....we saw people getting a response in 1 week after sending the missing documents, and then saw other people waiting for months without any reply, so I hope you fall in the first category..
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:54 am
Just Joined

maysaosama is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by b813
Hi there,

I saw on the timeline thread I'm following that your visa finally came through. A massive congratulations!! I was also just a bit curious as I see you mentioning you hadn't received any notification that your passport was ready for pickup but it had actually been sitting at the pickup center for some time. Did you ever call UKVI to check on the status, and if yes, were they saying that a decision had been made yet?
I didnt receive any call , email , or SMS , I went to application center as a proactive action from me, my solicitor kept calling home office for weeks with no sufficient answer , I hope all can get there visa soon , i was happily surprised when seeing the visa on my passport.

Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maysaosama
I didnt receive any call , email , or SMS , I went to application center as a proactive action from me, my solicitor kept calling home office for weeks with no sufficient answer , I hope all can get there visa soon , i was happily surprised when seeing the visa on my passport.

Thank you for letting me know and it sounds like you definitely waited long enough for it so am very excited for you!

All the best for your big move!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.