Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 12th 2017, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by rvg1212
When did u apply Matt?
We chased up with MP few times but from his response, it seems he is unhappy with us nagging behind not thinking once about our situation. It's been more than 1.5 months we handed our case to MP but haven't heard from him so far. Whole system is total waste. They take highest amount for visa application, maximum income tax and minimum returns and no consideration of public or their lives.
It's almost 8.5 months now and they have not even cared to genuinely reason the delay. The Supreme Court judgement was to affect the ones with kids or low income. In my case neither of it is applicable as sponsor is earning almost double than threshold and we have no kids.

Moreover, They have started completing applications of June leaving the people who applied earlier to suffer more.

Absolutely disappointed!!?!
Biometrics taken and application received in Sheffield via scanning on 24 April. And it was submitted priority. Wife (Brit), daughter and I (Aussie) were supposed to travel together. We did everything right to fly out on 18 July, used a reputable OISC registered migration agent, paid the exobortant priority fee etc. So all in, paid just under AUD$10,000 to make sure everything was ready before we left. Funny thing was the migration agent thought we could save our pennies on the priority fee as we were so well organised and ready as soon as the date was up.

Now have wife and job waiting on the other side of the world, and daughter and I crashing in spare room at parents. Plenty to give thanks for that we have some safety nets and contingency to land on, but really didn't want to use our 9 lives before we even get into the UK!

Did they actually tell you your application was on hold? That's pretty poor that your MP isn't coming up with the goods either.

Thankfully, I know mine is now with an ECO for assessment through the MP's questioning. Wife lives in a pretty heavy migrant population area in west London. Certainly nothing coming from UKVI directly.

At least every day I get up and have a smiling 7 year old face staring back at me, and I have the excitement of just maybe today this weight is lifted. After that falls through, I try and smack the s4!t out of Plan B. Today, I sat on the back patio after helping Dad cut a load of firewood drinking beer and smiling at the fact that a bad day on forced holiday beats a good day at work

But get really ticked off at a government organisation that has "CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE" painted all over itself, and doesn't come up with the goods.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattthefat
Biometrics taken and application received in Sheffield via scanning on 24 April. And it was submitted priority. Wife (Brit), daughter and I (Aussie) were supposed to travel together. We did everything right to fly out on 18 July, used a reputable OISC registered migration agent, paid the exobortant priority fee etc. So all in, paid just under AUD$10,000 to make sure everything was ready before we left. Funny thing was the migration agent thought we could save our pennies on the priority fee as we were so well organised and ready as soon as the date was up.

Now have wife and job waiting on the other side of the world, and daughter and I crashing in spare room at parents. Plenty to give thanks for that we have some safety nets and contingency to land on, but really didn't want to use our 9 lives before we even get into the UK!

Did they actually tell you your application was on hold? That's pretty poor that your MP isn't coming up with the goods either.

Thankfully, I know mine is now with an ECO for assessment through the MP's questioning. Wife lives in a pretty heavy migrant population area in west London. Certainly nothing coming from UKVI directly.

At least every day I get up and have a smiling 7 year old face staring back at me, and I have the excitement of just maybe today this weight is lifted. After that falls through, I try and smack the s4!t out of Plan B. Today, I sat on the back patio after helping Dad cut a load of firewood drinking beer and smiling at the fact that a bad day on forced holiday beats a good day at work

But get really ticked off at a government organisation that has "CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE" painted all over itself, and doesn't come up with the goods.
suppose its no comfort that the waiting time is still far shorter than going the other way. Have friends where the wife is stuck waiting for her visa for OZ. understand that's normally at least 14 months processing time!
Old Sep 12th 2017, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattthefat

Hi Matthefat
Almost same date biometric 26th April from France. Have they asked for more documents mid stream then they a not straightforward email 2 seconds after the 1st one. The funny thing they gave me 5 days to send decree absolute and i am still waiting knowing that the file is under consideration from my MP. Hope we all hear some good news soon.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by london_2005
called the call-centre today on 60th day (priority) and been told it is still waiting for decision. 30 mins later , i received a call from our solicitor saying they received the supporting documents - meaning a decision is made. called the call centre again and they still see it as "waiting for decision". haven't received any emails either. any ideas what might be going on ?
Difficult to say, maybe some bod has realised that you should have had your docs returned earlier, maybe found them in a dark room so is expediting them now, or, alternatively they are preparing your papers for an ECO to look at.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
Difficult to say, maybe some bod has realised that you should have had your docs returned earlier, maybe found them in a dark room so is expediting them now, or, alternatively they are preparing your papers for an ECO to look at.
as I know - when they return the documents, it means processing is completed and a decision is made - this is also confirmed by the call centre and the solicitor - is this not correct then ?

being a bit more optimistic; i was thinking; it takes time for call centre and TLS systems to be updated on the final status and it will be reflected on the systems soon ?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

as I know - when they return the documents, it means processing is completed and a decision is made - this is also confirmed by the call centre and the solicitor - is this not correct then ?

being a bit more optimistic; i was thinking; it takes time for call centre and TLS systems to be updated on the final status and it will be reflected on the systems soon ?
Well from my experience of reading the forum over the last few months the procedure is that supporting docs should be returned to the applicant/sponsor shortly after they have been delivered. But I stand to be corrected on this. Maybe the photocopies are kept. I haven't received my docs back. I agree with you that the TLS systems are probably behind the drag curve. However, I would be cautiously optimistic. Fingers crossed for you.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Well from my experience of reading the forum over the last few months the procedure is that supporting docs should be returned to the applicant/sponsor shortly after they have been delivered. But I stand to be corrected on this. Maybe the photocopies are kept. I haven't received my docs back. I agree with you that the TLS systems are probably behind the drag curve. However, I would be cautiously optimistic. Fingers crossed for you.
oh yes, I saw that as well but i thought the procedure differs between countries
Old Sep 12th 2017, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
suppose its no comfort that the waiting time is still far shorter than going the other way. Have friends where the wife is stuck waiting for her visa for OZ. understand that's normally at least 14 months processing time!
And more expensive. Back home, I had a tradesman help me out with landscaping our home. He was from Belfast, so doing the exact same move in reverse. To get to permanent residency and eventually citizenship cost him and his wife AUD$90,000 all in. We probably won't extend our visa as we're essentially doing an extended working holiday. But if we did go all the way with my agents helping at each step, I'm probably looking closer to under AUD$25-30K.

Back 230 years ago, they were sending them over for free on the First Fleet

But then again, people have been emigrating to Britain since the Romans, and they still can't get it figured out today. Maybe that's the solution...I need to invade. I'm sure I left my Viking horde lying around here somewhere.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

oh yes, I saw that as well but i thought the procedure differs between countries
Well that would explain things, however lets just hope that your docs are processed and they are just waiting to update their systems etc.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MA17
Hi Matthefat
Almost same date biometric 26th April from France. Have they asked for more documents mid stream then they a not straightforward email 2 seconds after the 1st one. The funny thing they gave me 5 days to send decree absolute and i am still waiting knowing that the file is under consideration from my MP. Hope we all hear some good news soon.
No requests for documents or anything. Complete radio silence except for responding to my complaints and whingeing. If I were listening to me in Sheffield or wherever the UKVI Contact Centre staff are, I'd give me a visa just to shut me the hell up! I'm told Aussies are the worst complainers over in the UK (which is always believed to be the reverse back here) because we're always complaining about the weather, or the beaches) so just doing my best to keep that Aussie complainer reputation alive
Old Sep 12th 2017, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gary, none of our docs have been returned. Case with our MP. Waiting....OUT!

Wife biometrics Bangkok 25 April.

This is turning into a disaster. Just about to lose my job as I cant keep to the shift pattern without my wife here to look after our son.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Hi Gary, none of our docs have been returned. Case with our MP. Waiting....OUT!

Wife biometrics Bangkok 25 April.

This is turning into a disaster. Just about to lose my job as I cant keep to the shift pattern without my wife here to look after our son.
It's an absolute disgrace the system at the moment, so many people are going through hardships and with this on top, life is unbearable, they need to make this process alot more easier for both the applicant and themselves. Hope you hear back soon and something can be sorted out at work. Last thing you need is losing you're job.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Well that would explain things, however lets just hope that your docs are processed and they are just waiting to update their systems etc.
just talked to the solicitor and TLS again; they don't say returning the documents means a decision is made but they say typically this is a sign that we are getting to the end of the process and the solicitor also added that they typically received the passports within 7-10 days after the documents are returned
Old Sep 12th 2017, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

just talked to the solicitor and TLS again; they don't say returning the documents means a decision is made but they say typically this is a sign that we are getting to the end of the process and the solicitor also added that they typically received the passports within 7-10 days after the documents are returned
My wife's application was submitted online and paper documents sent yesterday, they would have got them today, he said after a week or so they will send back the paper work and he'll give me a call, it doesn't mean that they are at the end of the application, if that was the case then we'd have seen a flurry of decisions made. But let's hope you are right, so many people have waited long enough!

i wish i hit good luck and get a reply back within the week, but within a month would be pretty awesome too! I've gone non-priority - paying priority wasn't worth it for me personally.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by j4v3d
My wife's application was submitted online and paper documents sent yesterday, they would have got them today, he said after a week or so they will send back the paper work and he'll give me a call, it doesn't mean that they are at the end of the application, if that was the case then we'd have seen a flurry of decisions made. But let's hope you are right, so many people have waited long enough!

i wish i hit good luck and get a reply back within the week, but within a month would be pretty awesome too! I've gone non-priority - paying priority wasn't worth it for me personally.
which country did you apply from ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.