Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 11th 2017, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Hi there,
I want your guidance about the crucial situation I'm stuck up with, related to my UK Spouse Visa. I applied on 28.12.16 and biometrics and documents were sent online on 30.12.16. I received confirmation response about the receipt of my documents on 04.01.17. I received on hold email om 06.03.17. I've not heard anything from UKVI till date. Its more than 36 weeks but I've not got any update regarding my spouse visa application. We tried contacting local MP and escalated case twice but no response so far.

Can you please help or guide me what to do next?

Kind Regards
Old Sep 11th 2017, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rvg1212
Hi there,
I want your guidance about the crucial situation I'm stuck up with, related to my UK Spouse Visa. I applied on 28.12.16 and biometrics and documents were sent online on 30.12.16. I received confirmation response about the receipt of my documents on 04.01.17. I received on hold email om 06.03.17. I've not heard anything from UKVI till date. Its more than 36 weeks but I've not got any update regarding my spouse visa application. We tried contacting local MP and escalated case twice but no response so far.

Kind Regards
Your MP should have a conduit into the Home Office and will be able to give you the status of the application. i.e. delayed for what reason. The MP's contact in the Home Office should be able to confirm file found and where next steps are. All in my opinion but based on current experience.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Phoned my MP again for another up date as fed up with HO vague answer like we are working on the case. Far to vague for my liking and 87 days is more than enough. Like a few of you have surmised I am thinking HO are prioritising those after May 2017 and its really bugging me! I am going to badger my MP,s secretary every week now and might set up a face to face meeting with my MP so can show my intent. I know he is aware of what is going on but I think he needs to be more firm.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 11:34 am
Just Joined

MandyD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
Phoned my MP again for another up date as fed up with HO vague answer like we are working on the case. Far to vague for my liking and 87 days is more than enough. Like a few of you have surmised I am thinking HO are prioritising those after May 2017 and its really bugging me! I am going to badger my MP,s secretary every week now and might set up a face to face meeting with my MP so can show my intent. I know he is aware of what is going on but I think he needs to be more firm.
I too have done the same today - escalated again to my MPs office - as it is 87 days also - they are going to call and find out more. Hurricane Irma has left my husband stranded in Havana, Cuba with severe floods, no electricity and the problems escalate hour by hour. So even if Sheffield get their act together I do not know how we will get his passport out of the Embassy because of the state of emergency and the numerous British people needing to evacuate - let alone flights - of which there are none today and what will tomorrow bring??? . I have also made my MP aware of this "prioritisation" of applications. This is our lives and futures - we are being treated like absolute idiots and being charged for the privilege. I am not letting this go ..............
Old Sep 11th 2017, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rvg1212
Hi there,

Kind Regards
Your application should no longer be on hold. New rules came into force on 10 August, and UKVI has been holding applications over to allow them to be considered under these new rules. Try again with your MP, lodge complaints, and get some confirmation that your application is on its way again.

At least you were told your application was on hold. Despite the very clear wording on the types of applications that should've been put on hold in the new rules, it appears substantially more applications have been put on hold than one would expect and many (myself included) have had no understanding on why there's been zero progress.

Matt.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyede
Hi Gary.

Let us know how you get on. We got in touch with the local MP when wife landed back in the UK on 20 August. They were very accommodating, and chased things up toot sweet. However, the parliamentary recess meant that the MP hotline was on skeleton staffing. Parliament then came back on, but now it sounds like they've reduced the staff on that line - not sure if it's permanent, or they've been re-deployed elsewhere to help with bottlenecks elsewhere. But Home Office have put MPs on the same s4!tlist that the rest of us seem to be on.

I tried to get my MP to chase up two complaints that had gone over 20 days per the complaints handling procedure. Their advice was to focus on getting my decision for the time being, and then they'll more than happily go to town on getting refunds for me when we get there as it's not worth my disappointment in having zero response to my case as well as my complaints.

Just for kicks, I called the Parliamentary and Health Ombudsman to find out where I'd stand with my case and any advice for making sure I have the most success in getting fee refunds later. When I told them I'd been waiting nearly 100 working days, they said "You've only been waiting that long??"

Honestly, for the amount of tax you Poms pay where does it go?
Old Sep 11th 2017, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Please guys I have a question.
I hold two nationalities but I live in UK for more than 17 years now. I got married recently and applied for my husband settlement visa from where he resides.
on 57th day HO sent and email asking for divorce certificates. I thought we don't need it as we got married in France and we did show this to the register office.
I was married and divorced in UK so I submitted my decree absolute . However before I come to UK I was engaged to someone back home and we did not get married, but it was registered as official marriage, I wasn't aware until I saw my birth certificate in which is noted that I am divorced back home from my first fiancée (husband). my query is, as UK are not aware of this marriage do I still need to submit some docs from back home to show my divorce, would be a problem because I did not put this information on the appendex 2 because it was out of my mind as I never consider it a marriage and I don't have any docs for it?. I am divorced any way and my original birth certificate now shows my current marriage date.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

These people are just delaying for no reson. When I called up 2 days back the ukvi service and asked them about the status of the application the executive plainly said they do not know about the status. Its above 24 weeks and they have no update about anything. When I asked them what should I do the lady was like she doesn't know either and just apologised for the sake of it. What the Hell am I suppose to do with the apology? These people out there think its some kina freaking joke out here. They do not realise the value of relationship. Whoever is not doing their job ..the govt, the HO etc etc am sorry about this but I curse them from the bottom of my heart. These people who consider us a joke shoud go through something like this and then they will realise how it feels to be away from the spouse for so damn long. Uk govt has no standards to maintain disgusting. 6 months up and they say they don't know. Are the applicants some kina worst people? Atleast give us the answer a yes or no so that we can move ahead. Life is stuck. Hate it. I never thought to face sucha a thing from UK govt. even the othr developing countries have got their shit sorted but these people are just pathetic.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

It feels so so foolish and so sad that even after paying money, working hard preparing documents etc etc they still don't have proper answer for us. I feel sorry for everyone out here and me. What kina investigation are these people into? How long do they need? . 6-3 months for a visa thing .. what a joke..
Old Sep 11th 2017, 6:50 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MA17
Please guys I have a question.
I hold two nationalities but I live in UK for more than 17 years now. I got married recently and applied for my husband settlement visa from where he resides.
on 57th day HO sent and email asking for divorce certificates. I thought we don't need it as we got married in France and we did show this to the register office.
I was married and divorced in UK so I submitted my decree absolute . However before I come to UK I was engaged to someone back home and we did not get married, but it was registered as official marriage, I wasn't aware until I saw my birth certificate in which is noted that I am divorced back home from my first fiancée (husband). my query is, as UK are not aware of this marriage do I still need to submit some docs from back home to show my divorce, would be a problem because I did not put this information on the appendex 2 because it was out of my mind as I never consider it a marriage and I don't have any docs for it?. I am divorced any way and my original birth certificate now shows my current marriage date.
It might help if you can tell us where 'back home' is. Which government department registered your engagement as a marriage? It's not something I've heard of but it may be a common thing in your culture/country. Also, how did you obtain a divorce from this engagement that was registered as a marriage?

If we're going to help you, you need to give complete information
Old Sep 11th 2017, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It might help if you can tell us where 'back home' is. Which government department registered your engagement as a marriage? It's not something I've heard of but it may be a common thing in your culture/country. Also, how did you obtain a divorce from this engagement that was registered as a marriage?

If we're going to help you, you need to give complete information
Hi spouse of scouse.
Back home is Algeria it is not common but it happened with me as i live here and my family did this. At the end we disagreed and never got married but after 5 years when i wanted to get my birth certificate to renew my Algerian passport i found out that it is noted divorced. The issue is i never declared this in UK i did not know if i had to. In appendex 2 i did not note this as i don't have dates. I only completed the the colum of my former partner that i was married to for 7 years and provided decree absolute of former marriage.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mattthefat
Your application should no longer be on hold. New rules came into force on 10 August, and UKVI has been holding applications over to allow them to be considered under these new rules. Try again with your MP, lodge complaints, and get some confirmation that your application is on its way again.

At least you were told your application was on hold. Despite the very clear wording on the types of applications that should've been put on hold in the new rules, it appears substantially more applications have been put on hold than one would expect and many (myself included) have had no understanding on why there's been zero progress.

Matt.

When did u apply Matt?
We chased up with MP few times but from his response, it seems he is unhappy with us nagging behind not thinking once about our situation. It's been more than 1.5 months we handed our case to MP but haven't heard from him so far. Whole system is total waste. They take highest amount for visa application, maximum income tax and minimum returns and no consideration of public or their lives.
It's almost 8.5 months now and they have not even cared to genuinely reason the delay. The Supreme Court judgement was to affect the ones with kids or low income. In my case neither of it is applicable as sponsor is earning almost double than threshold and we have no kids.

Moreover, They have started completing applications of June leaving the people who applied earlier to suffer more.

Absolutely disappointed!!?!
Old Sep 12th 2017, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
It feels so so foolish and so sad that even after paying money, working hard preparing documents etc etc they still don't have proper answer for us. I feel sorry for everyone out here and me. What kina investigation are these people into? How long do they need? . 6-3 months for a visa thing .. what a joke..

Mate, it's 8.5 months in my case. I don't know what they have been or they are doing? what kind of investigation are they carrying out? And no response from any escalations or communications about the status of application.

Highly frustrating!
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

This visa application process is very torturing emotionally and mentally,in our case,I am the sponsor,my hubby received a decision made email but when he collected his passport, there was no visa,no refusal letter, no stamp. We escalated it about 4 weeks ago,no reply from Sheffield, Mp has written to them about a week ago, I just don't understand what's going on,even if it was a refusal,there should d have been a refusal letter ?4 weeks on,we still don't know what decision they made .VERY FRUSTRATING .
Old Sep 12th 2017, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

called the call-centre today on 60th day (priority) and been told it is still waiting for decision. 30 mins later , i received a call from our solicitor saying they received the supporting documents - meaning a decision is made. called the call centre again and they still see it as "waiting for decision". haven't received any emails either. any ideas what might be going on ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.