Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 7th 2017, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

maysaosama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by j4v3d
If you was working for the HO we wouldn't be in this mess!
Old Sep 7th 2017, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maysaosama
Thank you.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

ozzyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
I have received an escalation e-mail today. E-mailed back with the information requested. What is next? Do you think an escalated case will be resolved within 15 days? Any experience?
Thank you in advance.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzyc
Hi there,
I have received an escalation e-mail today. E-mailed back with the information requested. What is next? Do you think an escalated case will be resolved within 15 days? Any experience?
Thank you in advance.
What did they request from you? They won't resolve the case within 15 days, you'd have to be pretty lucky for that to happen. Seen so many escalations that's taken way longer than 15 days to be resolved.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

ozzyc is an unknown quantity at this point

What did they request from you? They won't resolve the case within 15 days, you'd have to be pretty lucky for that to happen. Seen so many escalations that's taken way longer than 15 days to be resolved.
They have requested the info below:
Full Name
Date of Birth
GWF number
IHS number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
Applicants e-mail

So you say it may take longer than 15 days? At least I know they are working on it now
Old Sep 7th 2017, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

They have requested the info below:
Full Name
Date of Birth
GWF number
IHS number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
Applicants e-mail

So you say it may take longer than 15 days? At least I know they are working on it now
Surely they should have had all that information when the documents and application was submitted?

It'll definitely take longer than 15 days. Not seen a escalated case resolved within that time frame.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 12:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Spouse Visa issues with Sheffield 2017

Originally Posted by MandyD
Garyede - I couldnt private message you as I am too new but please add my statistics

11 May Online submission
15 May Biometrics - Havana, Cuba
3 August 1st escalation after 60 days
8 August 2nd escalation as first one never got submitted
11 August Documents awaiting review with ECO and request for PrePaid envelope (sent that day and signed for on 14 August)
15 August - raised issue with MP
30 August 3rd escalation - following previous escalation 15 days and nothing
1 September - MP called Home Office
1 September - email from Sheffield asking for ANOTHER pre-paid envelope
4 September - MP called Home office re envelope and visa - envelope found but no news on visa except awaiting ECO review since 14 August
4 September - email from Sheffield confirming receipt of envelope but not able to confirm how long we will have to wait for decision

83 Long Days and now HURRICANE IRMA hitting Cuba on Friday .............
This belongs in the timeline thread, please repost it there, thx.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
Thank you in advance.
I escalated on the 6th August and had the standard request for information already submitted with our application. I followed up with another email on the 21st August and received the reply below yesterday;

Thank you for your enquiry.

"Please accept our apologies for the delay in making a decision on your application. It is our busiest period and unfortunately, it is taking us longer to process applications.

Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre until you have received written confirmation that a decision has been made on your application and that your passport is ready to be collected. Staff at the visa application centres or contact centres have no influence on cases and cannot provide any further advice so we recommend you do not attend or call the contact centre.

We will contact you as soon as we have made a decision on your application.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK.

Kind Regards,

REM

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK"

On Biz day 87 (Application received email from Sheffield on 10th May) now.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 2:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

FAO: simonidt3 - I'm not sure why you keep ignoring our requests, but it isn't ok. Please re-read my post to you (quoted below) and do NOT post on this thread again, start your own thread about business visas. You are not applying for a spousal visa/sponsorship, so this thread isn't relevant to you.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ok, so this thread (and the spouse timeline thread that you keep posting in) aren't relevant to you. These threads are for UK citizens who are sponsoring their spouses ONLY.

There isn't one - as per all of our deletion messages, you need to start your own thread for this, in the main Moving Back to the UK forum (this section of the forum is only for family based visas).

I hope that now we've explained it you'll understand why all your previous comments have been deleted. Please do post in the correct place only going forward.

Thx.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Had 2 escalations so far and both exceeded 15 working days and no response from either!

I have now made official complaint direct to home office regarding this and thier SLA IS 20 working day so will see what that brings!
Old Sep 7th 2017, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

pabonline is an unknown quantity at this point

Heaven help us all.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

PaulandJoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
Biometrics 8th May at Bangkok, day 87 I think, losing track now!!
Escalated via my MP on day 60
Only received reply today, standard crap. They stated they aim to resolve 95% of cases within 60 days, but unfortunately our case is non straightforward, blah, blah, blah.
They did mention they are sorry I haven’t seen my wife and 13 month old son for 5 months( he has British passport already) but unfortunately lots of people are in a similar situations and it’s all processed on a strictly first come, first served basis. (This is fair enough but there’s plenty of cases being resolved in shorter times than mine, the Thai forums show many. Mostly from June strangely!)
I feel I’ve exhausted all options now and will have to go back to the dreaded and endless limbo we all find ourselves in.
One question....My wife’s TB test expires in a few weeks, obviously it was valid for her application, but will it be an issue when she enters the country??, assuming she doesn’t get her visa in a couple of weeks?
Old Sep 7th 2017, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Traceben is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pabonline
Did you receive a non straightforward notice or any further request for documents?
10 th biometrics in Dublin
11th Sheffield confirmed receipt
Nothing at all since very frustrating after paying priority plus we couldn't get online April as they knocked website off to put the fees up very clever . Also charge international fee as we used by card yet then ends up in U.K. Anyway husband very deflated plus no passport so can't even go to visit family while waiting . We have emailed local mp twice he hasn't even bothered to reply either 😩😩😩
Old Sep 7th 2017, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All ,tomorrow will be 15 working days since I escalated ,my husband received his passport with no visa,no refusal letter,no stamp,iv sent several emails,I'm beginning to think that someone made a big error and sent our documents back because if it was a refusal ,they would have sent it by now ,after all the emails and calls, my MP has written to them as well.And the IHS fee has not been refunded.Hopefully we will hear from ukvi tomorrow.

Last edited by Emm123; Sep 7th 2017 at 7:24 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Haggisandtatties is an unknown quantity at this point

It has been 90 something days for us 2 emails sent, 2 phone calls made, and 2 complaints sent. Here is the answer we got for the complaint which took exactly 20 working days for them to reply.

"Whilst I am sympathetic towards your family circumstances, I am also aware that UK Visas and Immigration policy must remain intact. We advise applicants not to book any travel prior to receiving the decision of their application.

There is nothing exceptional or compassionate about your case that warrants expediting. Your application is currently awaiting assessment by an Entry Clearance Officer. As soon as we are able to conclude the application, we will contact you on the email address you provided within your application."

We received an email for escalation 2 weeks before this and also got a reply from the MP saying they have followed up on the case and to give them 2 weeks. To me it seems like they don't work together or no communication between themselves at all! To us this email was harsh and rude!! The only email we got was to say that they received the application in Sheffield on the 5th May and NOTHING after that. Not even a reply from the emails which costs money!! I am so angry😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.