Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

RichInna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Did you pay for priority ?

It is scary and frustrating but dig deep and know that we are all supporting each other, as soon as I get a reply I will post it here. I have asked specific questions which I also asked for honest answers so we shall see.

Last edited by RichInna; Jul 12th 2017 at 6:05 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RichInna
Did you pay for priority ?

It is scary and frustrating but dig deep and know that we are all supporting each other, as soon as I get a reply I will post it here. I have asked specific questions which I also asked fro honest answers so we shall see.
Yes i did and the law firm i applied with says it's around 6-7 weeks minimum for priority apps these days but apparently yours is beyond that.

Yes, please share if you receive any response
Old Jul 12th 2017, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

a forum friend of my wife in Thailand just received this after applying on 19 April !!!!!

https://ibb.co/jWg2FF
Old Jul 12th 2017, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by london_2005
Yes i did and the law firm i applied with says it's around 6-7 weeks minimum for priority apps these days but apparently yours is beyond that.

Yes, please share if you receive any response
They only include working days, exclude bank holidays and weekends etc Makes it a tad worse I know...
Old Jul 12th 2017, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Missl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to all

Hi

Based on your info we have drafted an email and sent it to them. Fingers crossed ))

Been a tough week for us as I had surgery and had to rely on family and friends when all i wanted was Inna with me... we have also had to cancel our holiday now as not sure the passport will be back in time. ggrrrrrrr....
Good luck I really hope it works for you 🤞🏼
Old Jul 12th 2017, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Missl73
Good luck I really hope it works for you � ����� ����
Thank you.. I can only but try, thanks to your idea... I never thought about quoting SLAs such a good idea.
Been one crazy ride, I used to believe in the saying "Its not about the destination, its about the journey".. Not in this case lol... hated every minute of this damn visa...

Do hope you have good news also soon when you get passport back...

Last edited by RichInna; Jul 12th 2017 at 7:55 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Missl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to all

Thank you.. I can only but try, thanks to your idea... I never thought about quoting SLAs such a good idea.
Been one crazy ride, I used to believe in the saying "Its not about the destination, its about the journey.. Not in this case lol... hated every minute of this damn visa...

Do hope you have good news also soon when you get passport back...
Thanks I totally agree it's a terrible experience. Found out when I used the online tracking link our decision was made 5 days before we found out and we only found out because I contacted them so I don't know when they were planning on letting us know! Good news means that means we are already well into the 10 working days before we should get the paperwork but just another example of their poor service and ineptitude!! I'll let you know how we go whe we find out!
Old Jul 13th 2017, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by KernowIan
What the hell does this mean for my wife? I should not have failed the financial test. Our son is British, and now in UK waiting for his mum (Thai).
KernowIan
If you meet the minimum income requirements your application will be processed as normal.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

But don't you think it a disgrace that this girl has been waiting since 19 April, to be told in 6 July that her application is delayed due to the High Court? Why didn't they tell her that in April. Unbelievable way to treat folk
Old Jul 13th 2017, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

I am waiting too since march
Old Jul 13th 2017, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hullmonkey
Up to now most of the posts I have seen on here are very supportive. Cant really see any need to waste your time posting negative stuff like this. Surely a forum is a good place to vent a little steam when frustration starts to build up, as long its the venting isn't aimed at other forum members!
I agree we all need a little vent off and support, as the process at present is far from perfect or even doing well.

I started a thread for all to vent off.. feel free to write here..

Uk Spouse Visa issues with Sheffield 2017

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 14th 2017 at 6:45 am. Reason: Make a direct shortcut link for the thread in question.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

I AM venting off. Jeez
Old Jul 13th 2017, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Hull, thanks for the support. We are all in a bad place. I am thick skinned and can hack it, but my 4yo son who asks me every morning when will he see his mummy again is a different question. Day 50 today.

News last night was another refusal in Thailand due to lack of English language at CEFR A1. (which is as basic as it gets). Refused on day 58.

The poor girl had attended a month at the British Council in Bangkok AD T4(A) (intensive) and passed for the purpose of getting her visa.

Her fault for not following the rules. But, not fair, IMO. But there you go.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 11:31 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Hull, thanks for the support. We are all in a bad place. I am thick skinned and can hack it, but my 4yo son who asks me every morning when will he see his mummy again is a different question. Day 50 today.
That has to be hard, impossible to explain bureaucratic stuff-ups to a 4 year old. Poor little man. I think you also said that you have a job that starts soon?
Old Jul 13th 2017, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Indeed, end of the month supposedly, by contract offer of employment arrived yesterday dated 10 July, so I think I will be within my rights to ask for a full 4 weeks notice period. so that would take me to a start date of Monday 7th, if they will wear it.

Day 60 is 27th July. Passport by 1 August? Fly 4 August? I have to get up to London and then PO for biometrics best day. Just doable.... pray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.