Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 17th 2017, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Yangirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by annc72
Hi everyone,

we got our visas today.
Biometrics on the 26th May, in Bangkok
Paid priority
Letter from Sheffield on the 31 May
On day 52 we got email asking to pay IHS for children that was missed due to the system error.
Checked on Monday online tracker but was still not recognising numbers.
This morning got sms from bangkok Vfs that papers are ready for collection. On attached letter in passport date is 14th August
Full 55 days waited with priotity.
Maybe they are speeding up now, good luck everyone, it was really helpful to know we were not alone!
AnaπŸ€πŸŽ‰
Is your visa valid from 14th Aug? Does it match your intended travel date on application?
Old Aug 17th 2017, 11:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

annc72...I have moved your timelines post into the 'Timelines only' thread...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz.../#post12318135
Old Aug 17th 2017, 12:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat thread

Please post timelines in the following thread...not in this thread.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...s-only-899214/

This thread is for chatter...not timelines.. Thank you.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by cdfergus
When we made the decision to go from US to UK, it was many months ago, when the turnaround time was about 6 weeks. So, (don't yell at me) we decided we would apply August 1st which is 3 months before we wanted to leave, and we made flight arrangements for leaving US November 8th.

Now, seeing all these emails bout how long it is taking I am wondering if we should change our flights? You can only apply 3 months in advance, so if I wanted to leave in December I would have applied in September......I don't get it

Any advice from the well seasoned members please?

Chris
I don't want to sound negative but i would not advise anyone to make future
flight bookings because it is impossible to predict anything. I like you thought
maximum 10 weeks, non priority, philippines, 71 days and still counting
Old Aug 17th 2017, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clive157
After 60 days I was told our case had been escalated 25/7/17 and I would hear within 15 days which was yesterday. Heard nothing. 4th phone call this morning to be to told no decision made and all they can do is escalate again! No real help or info from call centre. I'm also aware that other non-priority cases have been decided that were submitted at the same time or after ours in Thailand on 5/5/17.
There is no logic to this system just stress. I am none the wiser if we are anywhere near getting a decision and what if anything is causing the delay. Sorry can't be of more help.
Clive my Thai wife is in the same position. I have escalated by both phone and email. Those 15 working days have passed. I am now waiting to meet with my MP at his surgery. I also sent a complaint to the Croydon office..... not a word from them.

Our 4 yo British son has been separated from his mother since mid May now. I don't think he believes me anymore despite daily FaceTime with mummy. Soul destroying and we are all very stressed and hurt and close to breaking point. The criminal thing is my wife is unable to get her passport to get a visit visa to come and see us for a visit. This is enforced separation by the state and is a violation of our human rights.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys ,the online tracker showed my hubby's application was decided on the 7th ,we received an email to collect passport today , he collected the passport but there was no decision in it and no letter ,part of the supporting documents that was supposed to be sent to me on my uk address was given to my husband .The passport is blank ,there is no decision on visa or refusal .
There is no letter to say anything.Im lost ,what can we do now .please help .
Old Aug 17th 2017, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys ,the online tracker showed my hubby's application was decided on the 7th ,we received an email to collect passport today , he collected the passport but there was no decision in it and no letter ,part of the supporting documents that was supposed to be sent to me on my uk address was given to my husband .The passport is blank ,there is no decision on visa or refusal .
Old Aug 17th 2017, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emm123
You should contact the help line directly , tell them there was no decision letter with the passport

By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Old Aug 17th 2017, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
You should contact the help line directly , tell them there was no decision letter with the passport

By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Hi Scouse, any more on yours?
Old Aug 17th 2017, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Hi Scouse, any more on yours?
Scousejohn our latest....

I have escalated by both phone and email. Those 15 working days have passed. I am now waiting to meet with my MP at his surgery. I also sent a complaint to the Croydon office..... not a word from them.

Our 4 yo British son has been separated from his mother since mid May now. I don't think he believes me anymore despite daily FaceTime with mummy. Soul destroying and we are all very stressed and hurt and close to breaking point. The criminal thing is my wife is unable to get her passport to get a visit visa to come and see us for a visit. This is enforced separation by the state and is a violation of our human rights.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Scousejohn our latest....

I have escalated by both phone and email. Those 15 working days have passed. I am now waiting to meet with my MP at his surgery. I also sent a complaint to the Croydon office..... not a word from them.

Not a word!
Will be 3 weeks on monday since i escalated! 75 working days since applying.
13 months since i have seen my wife and child.
If no response to the escalation by monday i will be calling again even though i know its a complete waist of time and money! If no information is forthcoming then my next move is a judicial review which i will start on 90 working days if no visa by then.

I counted 14 applicants in Bangkok that applied after my wife who have received their visa yet we are still waiting without any contact from the home office.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Clive157 is an unknown quantity at this point

Clive my Thai wife is in the same position. I have escalated by both phone and email. Those 15 working days have passed. I am now waiting to meet with my MP at his surgery. I also sent a complaint to the Croydon office..... not a word from them.

Hi Ian so sorry to hear about your position it's much worse when kids are involved. My partner is in same boat re: no passport to even try and meet somewhere. I hope your MP can help I have thought about doing the same. It's the lack of respect for the impact on people's lives and unwillingness to communicate about what is happening regarding the delays I find most distressing. I can't believe this behaviour from the UK Goverment and no one seems to be aware unless in the thick of it. We are now seeing stories of passports not being returned for a month and then with no visas in them even when there's been a favourable decision! Terrible! Please let your MP know how bad it is getting. I hope that you soon get your decision and that you can son gets his Mum home. Keep strong it has to be resolved sometime. All the best Clive
Old Aug 17th 2017, 11:01 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

Rez is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello People,

I got my visa approved!!! Yey!!! Finally!!! I am so so happy!!! They made a decision on my application on the 60th day from the online submission. I received my passport from VFS on the 60th day from the biometrics submission...

I hope you all too will get a good news very soon. We are jumping out of joy, finally we got to be with each other.. Thanks to almighty and god bless you all!

Cheers!!!
Old Aug 17th 2017, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rez
Hello People,

I got my visa approved!!! Yey!!! Finally!!! I am so so happy!!! They made a decision on my application on the 60th day from the online submission. I received my passport from VFS on the 60th day from the biometrics submission...

I hope you all too will get a good news very soon. We are jumping out of joy, finally we got to be with each other.. Thanks to almighty and god bless you all!

Cheers!!!
Brilliant! So happy for you!
Old Aug 17th 2017, 11:03 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

Rez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cdfergus
Brilliant! So happy for you!
Thank you so much All the best for you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.