Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 12th 2017, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Clive157 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

OMG that is crazy!! What happened have you managed to get through to them? I can't believe what I am reading on here. We are now day 70 been escalated and may here something next week but just have such low confidence & expectations- I am truly shocked at the treatment we have all received.
Originally Posted by Britflyer
So after our long four month wait UPS delivered the package from Sheffield at 7.30PM, on Thursday, opened it and screams of delight APPROVED. But wait a minute, none of the passports contain vignette's. Checked them again and again, no definitely not there.

So what now, did they just forget the place them in the passports?, or worse did they send the wrong letters in error. We called the paid for answering service, send emails, called the embassy and sit waiting for a response. People on UK-Yankee have made a couple of good suggestion which we will try today, meanwhile the 30 day clock is ticking now day 24 and we can do nothing to wrap up our affairs before moving.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

Alex2211 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatymoroc
There is another option which is to send all the documents to ur wife then she adds what is missing and then everything to sheffield via ups ou dhl.

This is what i did presonally.

It is safer for u wife to have all the necesaary documenta with her as she is the applicant.and by the way the "scanning process" is still not applicable in all tls contact centers,in morocco they said that documents will be scanned but it turns to be that i have to send them myslef to sheffield
Thanks guys I just spoke to my solocitor I need one passport size photo of her to include with the copy of application and all document I got all the documents here and i will be sending it to shefield all I need to do get hold her passport size photo I don't know how do it I will speak to her and ask to send me that the only way I guess
Old Aug 12th 2017, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

fatymoroc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alex2211
Thanks guys I just spoke to my solocitor I need one passport size photo of her to include with the copy of application and all document I got all the documents here and i will be sending it to shefield all I need to do get hold her passport size photo I don't know how do it I will speak to her and ask to send me that the only way I guess
Yep that s the only solution in that case,good luck
Old Aug 12th 2017, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point

Thinking VFS would scan her docs my fiance took them with her on biometrics day. But VFS would only scan all docs, so she sent them to me from Philippines via DHL on Thursday and they arrived Monday. That's 6,500 miles so I can't see you having problem receiving pic equally as quick from Islamabad.
Old Aug 13th 2017, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Spring85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Can anyone pls share the link of the UK government site for tracking the settlement visa application? Thank you
Old Aug 13th 2017, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by Spring85
Can anyone pls share the link of the UK government site for tracking the settlement visa application? Thank you
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus
Old Aug 13th 2017, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
Can they really take 48 weeks? I have heard/read 24 weeks max .. still haven't got mine... applied in March..
Anyone else from March?
Isn't it annoying as much as you are happy for others to receive their visa when you see others who applied before you you wonder what the hell is going on with your application and do they actually have your papers!!! March is along time that is totally unacceptable. Ours is 10 May which i think is bad enough. Have you contacted your MP?
Old Aug 13th 2017, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
Isn't it annoying as much as you are happy for others to receive their visa when you see others who applied before you you wonder what the hell is going on with your application and do they actually have your papers!!! March is along time that is totally unacceptable. Ours is 10 May which i think is bad enough. Have you contacted your MP?

Absolutely it is very very annoying and not to forgot the emotional trauma of being away from the spouse. Jus too much..
No we haven't contacted the MP yet.. do you think we should now?
Old Aug 13th 2017, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
Absolutely it is very very annoying and not to forgot the emotional trauma of being away from the spouse. Jus too much..
No we haven't contacted the MP yet.. do you think we should now?
Well if I was you i would. I admire your patience, what is your day of biometrics?
Old Aug 13th 2017, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Well if I was you i would. I admire your patience, what is your day of biometrics?
March 27.. we did get an update that thecase is not straightforward on the 12 week and ntn after that. We even called and wasted money and there was no update. They said we don't know how long it will take
Isn't 24 weeks the max time?
Old Aug 13th 2017, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Thats 96 working days the maximum is 120, so you have a maximum of 5 weeks left.
Old Aug 13th 2017, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thats 96 working days the maximum is 120, so you have a maximum of 5 weeks left.
Do you think we should wait until 5 weeks which is like foreva or we should check with the MP already?
Old Aug 13th 2017, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Spring85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by diane1982
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus
Thank you very much Diane1982!!!
Old Aug 14th 2017, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

haldane86 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's the start of a new work week 😀 let's hope that things get moving
Old Aug 14th 2017, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. That takes the cake. I'm with you Clive, extremely low confidence and expectations. But then with Britflyer's issues, they expect you to stay on the hook the entire time and drop everything at a moment's notice.

Britflyer - looks like you've gotten some good advice from Talk UK Yankee. Hope it gets sorted quickly. An absolute last resort could be to extend your vignette, but that would mean handing your passport back in to Sheffield again and pay fees. I think I could understand one's reticence to do that after all this.

Regardless, when you get there get that complaint mill going and a path to your MP's office to launch an Ombudsman's review if they don't make appropriate refunds.

I can just imagine the roller coaster of emotions that night for you and your family. Makes me sick just thinking about it. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Clive157
OMG that is crazy!! What happened have you managed to get through to them? I can't believe what I am reading on here. We are now day 70 been escalated and may here something next week but just have such low confidence & expectations- I am truly shocked at the treatment we have all received.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.