Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 11th 2017, 11:21 am
Just Joined

fatymoroc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by garyede
Got a phone call from my MP yesterday Sheffield had been in touch and was told should have a decision within 20 working days. So in other words my telephone calls and email has been a waste of time. I made a telephone call on the 24 July and was supposedly escalated and an answer in 15 days. The 15 working days is up and I have to wait another 20 working days. Me thinking I have been done!!!
Dont worry plz they will be sending their response eventually and it will be a POSTIVE ONE
And we r all on the same boat they have a backlogg this is what I have been said at TLS contact morocco and this is what is said in all forums so just be patient, and we r lucky because we paid for priority because non priority applications are taking up to 6months to receive an asnwer, so cheer up ur anwser is on the way back to you

the best of luck to all uk spouse visa heros

Dont forget to post ur timelines,here are mine:

1st refusal:2013 financial requirement
2nd refusal: 2015 financial requirement & language requirement

online application priority:28-07
Biometrics:3-08
Documents sent to sheiff(via DHL):3-08
Confirmation on online app receiv email from sheiffield:4-08
Tls contact confirm applicat received by UKVI:8-08
Decision email: TBC
Visa approved: TBC
Old Aug 11th 2017, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Rez;12314344]Actually what's wrong with these people??? This is ridiculous! I am so hopeless about mine now. Do they need 3 months to evaluate a relationship whether it is genuine or not whereas other countries would take maximum 4 weeks to process a spouse visa.[/QUOTE

Yesterday I also received a text from DHL saying that a package is being sent. So naturally I think that my supporting docs are being sent back to me. Guess what, I check the address and the package is being sent from Lambeth to Sheffield and the sender has a foreign name. Maybe Philippino!! I wonder why I have the text message so ring DHL today who tell me my name contact will be taken off but wont explain the sender. What I don't know is whether this package is connected with me or not, its just bizarre. I feel like I am going round in circles like a headless chicken.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point

And we r all on the same boat they have a backlogg this is what I have been said at TLS contact morocco and this is what is said in all forums so just be patient, and we r lucky because we paid for priority because non priority applications are taking up to 6months to receive an asnwer,
We might all be in the same boat, but the current shambles is a poor reflection on the UK - more inline with a banana republic than a supposedly first world country. The whole process from trying to discover what is required for successful app. to ultimate decision is shambolic. HMG might be trying to get immigration numbers down, but treating applicant/sponsor with contempt is not the way to go about it.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

RichInna is an unknown quantity at this point

We have some great news..

We arrived at the Visa centre Kiev today and we have been approved..

When we opened the little grey bag and saw the letter and we both screamed with joy.

Alll the worry and stress has vanished in an instant and now we can have a life together.

Hang in their eveyone your day will come, keep positive...

Good luck to you all..
Old Aug 11th 2017, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RichInna

When we opened the little grey bag and saw the letter and we both screamed with joy.

Alll the worry and stress has vanished in an instant and now we can have a life together.

Good luck to you all..
congratulations!!!!!! so happy for you

I have some questions plz:

Did you submit e-payslips? if yes were they stamped or signed?
Did you provide copies of your expired passports?
Did u send them a prepaid envelop?

And if it wouldn t be too much can u post ur checklist?

Plz answer me am in the waiting chapter and am so worried

But am happy for you
Old Aug 11th 2017, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Good luck to you all..
Well at least someone has some good news i am genuinely pleased for you. Please remind me your day of biometrics and wether priority or non priority
Old Aug 11th 2017, 2:39 pm
M84
Just Joined

M84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to you all..

Congrats !!!!.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 2:53 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

Rez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatymoroc
Dont worry plz they will be sending their response eventually and it will be a POSTIVE ONE
And we r all on the same boat they have a backlogg this is what I have been said at TLS contact morocco and this is what is said in all forums so just be patient, and we r lucky because we paid for priority because non priority applications are taking up to 6months to receive an asnwer, so cheer up ur anwser is on the way back to you

the best of luck to all uk spouse visa heros

Dont forget to post ur timelines,here are mine:

1st refusal:2013 financial requirement
2nd refusal: 2015 financial requirement & language requirement

online application priority:28-07
Biometrics:3-08
Documents sent to sheiff(via DHL):3-08
Confirmation on online app receiv email from sheiffield:4-08
Tls contact confirm applicat received by UKVI:8-08
Decision email: TBC
Visa approved: TBC

Thanks for the encouragement!
Old Aug 11th 2017, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

lesathomp9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rez
Plus I also suggest you to involve your MP immediately. If they have misplaced your passport they should take the complete accountability.
Thanks for the advice. When we contact the inquiry service no one can seem to tell us whats up. Today we got a response from our MP and he says he's on the case so hopefully that will resolve things soon.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 2:54 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

Good luck to you all..
OMG!!! Heartily Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you. This gives me some hope😌
Old Aug 11th 2017, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Pminette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Hi all,

I am a Canadian who on July 7th applied to be with my husband in England. This was our second application as last year we were refused for not showing efficient evidence of meeting financial requirements. We have re submitted an application that satisfies all requirements, and are now wondering when we will hear back.

I understand that there are major delays, and am wondering if there are any Canadians who were notified that their applications were sent to New York instead of Sheffield ( as our first one was, and also my tier 5 before that). I am a teacher and start work in my new classroom in September and am hoping that by some miracle the visas processed in New York may be faster?

I would be grateful to know of any groups for Canadians specifically, or if anyone could answer my questions here.

Wishing everyone the best as we are separated from family and loved ones.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 3:36 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=garyede;12314374]
Originally Posted by Rez
Actually what's wrong with these people??? This is ridiculous! I am so hopeless about mine now. Do they need 3 months to evaluate a relationship whether it is genuine or not whereas other countries would take maximum 4 weeks to process a spouse visa.[/QUOTE

Yesterday I also received a text from DHL saying that a package is being sent. So naturally I think that my supporting docs are being sent back to me. Guess what, I check the address and the package is being sent from Lambeth to Sheffield and the sender has a foreign name. Maybe Philippino!! I wonder why I have the text message so ring DHL today who tell me my name contact will be taken off but wont explain the sender. What I don't know is whether this package is connected with me or not, its just bizarre. I feel like I am going round in circles like a headless chicken.
I know the feeling! Even I am like a headless chicken going through all blogs as much as possible to gain some clarity. Life has become so much miserable just because of this.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Rez;12314559]
Originally Posted by garyede

I know the feeling! Even I am like a headless chicken going through all blogs as much as possible to gain some clarity. Life has become so much miserable just because of this.
I agree this is the most complicated strassing visa process in the wolrd,hope we will all hear good news.

Did you send ur application through DHL as well?
Old Aug 11th 2017, 3:43 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

Hey peeps check this out.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/immigration-for-family-members/uk-spouse-visa-on-hold-t226494.html

Apparently they got a back log to clear off.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 3:45 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=fatymoroc;12314564]
Originally Posted by Rez

I agree this is the most complicated strassing visa process in the wolrd,hope we will all hear good news.

Did you send ur application through DHL as well?
I submitted my application online in May and my husband couriered our supporting documents from UK through Royalmail and they also returned them to us in June.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.