Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jan 15th 2019, 4:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Please all, remember this is a general chat/moaning about the HO thread - any questions you have should be asked in your own threads rather than tacked on to the end of this one, where they may well be missed.

Thx.
Old Jan 20th 2019, 10:49 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilto
What is the earliest my spouse can apply for the Visa?

We are going the savings route and will have 6 months with statement in hand on or around july 20th.

Can we apply July 1st so that we can take care of biometrics (nearest office is approx 3 to 4 hours away) and then patiently wait for the final bank statement to arrive to send the supporting docs to New York?
Answered in own thread.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Please all, remember this is a general chat/moaning about the HO thread - any questions you have should be asked in your own threads rather than tacked on to the end of this one, where they may well be missed.

Thx.
Good advice.
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

sgaber25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good day all,

Quick question, my husband and I are on day 57 of a spouse visa, today my husband got a call asking him to take his passport to the TLContact centre (he paid to keep it), I was wandering if anyone knows if this means its a yes to the visa? We have been previously refused due to incorrect papers and the passport was left blank... I think if they need his passport now that means its to tamp with a visa... I HOPE xx
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 1:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sgaber25
Good day all,

Quick question, my husband and I are on day 57 of a spouse visa, today my husband got a call asking him to take his passport to the TLContact centre (he paid to keep it), I was wandering if anyone knows if this means its a yes to the visa? We have been previously refused due to incorrect papers and the passport was left blank... I think if they need his passport now that means its to tamp with a visa... I HOPE xx
As above - please start your own thread with any questions, they're just not likely to receive a response tacked on to the end of a general discussion thread.

Thanks.
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 1:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Good day all,

Sounds like it. Only one way to find out.
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

sgaber25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah I thought i did..... where is the new post button?
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 3:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ah I thought i did..... where is the new post button?
You want new thread, not new post - big brown button at the top left of each forum.

There's also a FAQ (on the blue bar at the top of the page) which will talk you through it.

HTH.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Emmaanfi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Sir/Ma, Please I need some advise here. I apply for settle visa since April last year from Nigeria. June which is 3 month, I receive email from Shefo, Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.
October the original documents was return back to my wife. And I waited till December maybe I will be contacted to come and pick my Visa, but unfortunate I was not contact. My wife called twice early January and yesterday which is Friday I got an email from them. We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made. However, I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible
Please I will like to know if anyone is going though this as well. I'm scare. My application is over 9 month. Thank you,
Emma
Old Jan 27th 2019, 7:57 am
Just Joined

CCKN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Emmanfi,

I can totally relate to your situation.

I also applied for spousal visa application from Nigeria since July 2018, I received the “Not-straightforward email” also exactly 3months after biometrics which was in October. I have called them over 7times, and emailed about 6times, but I keep getting the same reply “sorry your application is still under consideration, we will let you know as soon as a decision is made, Thank you for your patience...”

My documents were returned to my spouse in the UK on December 18th, 2018 and since then, we haven’t heard anything else from them till now.

All we have to do in this situation is wait and pray, because there’s really nothing much we can do to facilitate it.
I even involved an MP but he came back to us with the same reply from UKVI.
Its almost 150 working days now since we applied and we are still waiting and hoping it comes out soon and positive.
Please keep believing, it would all end in praise 🙏
Old Jan 27th 2019, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your message. I believe God will take total control. Have you try to called them after your spouse receive the original documents. Do you know another person that have pass through this step ? I pray our application should end in praise

Once again,Thank you a lots
Old Jan 27th 2019, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Yes, we have called them thrice since they returned the documents; twice they didn’t pick, and once, they picked and told us they’ll get back to us in 15working days.

Its been over 20working days since the documents were returned but no positive email from them, just the auto generated email saying “We have Re- escalated your case to the relevant department .You should be contacted regarding your case within 15 working days from the date of escalation”

All we’re doing now is hoping and praying.

The only person I have seen who has had similar case was on this forum; His’ lasted for 159working days and he received his visa a month after the documents were returned.
Sadly, as our cases are different, so are our applications, but I believe it will end in praise. 🙏
Old Jan 27th 2019, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help. I believe very soon we will rejoice. Is more than 2 month that my wife receive the original documents back from Home Office. I summit my application April, 2018

Let keep waiting and believe that very soon we will smile and have testimony

Emma
Old Feb 1st 2019, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Hello Sir/Ma

Please I need help. I applied for settlement visa from Nigeria since last year. I receive email yesterday that Me and my wife will be invite next week. Please I will like to know if anyone has pass through this stage before? And what are the questions they may ask

Thanks for your help,
Emmanuel
Old Feb 1st 2019, 6:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Emmaanfi
Hello Sir/Ma

Please I need help. I applied for settlement visa from Nigeria since last year. I receive email yesterday that Me and my wife will be invite next week. Please I will like to know if anyone has pass through this stage before? And what are the questions they may ask

Thanks for your help,
Emmanuel
As above - PLEASE ask any questions in your own separate thread (with a relevant title). They just aren’t likely to be seen on a general chat thread.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 10:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Emmaanfi
Hello Sir/Ma

Thanks for your help,
Emmanuel
Hello,

It could be a good sign, who knows?

Just prepare your documents and go in there with confidence.

Also, check your inbox for personal messages and let us take it up from there.

God bless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.