Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 3rd 2018, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

fuvwe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by acd214
Hi everyone, congratulations to all who have been successful and my prayers for those still waiting. I applied on the 30th October 2017 for non priority spouse settlement visa I did my biometrics the same day. On the 7th November 2017 got email application been prepared by Entry Clearance Officer. On the 23rd January 2018 got the Non Straightforward email and did not hear anything else, my Solicitor wrote to the Home Office on the 18th of May 2018 and they replied saying he needs an up to date letter of authority to say he represents me. I signed and sent that back to him and he wrote back to the Home Office on the 20th June 2018 we have not had a response since then. It's now been over 38 Working Weeks or almost 200 Biometric Days, don't know what else to do but wait
wow! That's such a long wait. I applied and did my biometrics on the 21st of March 2018 in Nigeria for a fiance visa. Our wedding is slated for the 1st of september and I thought we would have enough time. I really regret not going for priority as, We had put down a lot of money as deposit for the vendors and the venue and it's looking unlikely that my passport will be out before then. It's such a horrible feeling
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Emmaanfi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by movingtolakes
Check out the latest post on the timelines only thread from "uaemanc" - how ON EARTH did he manage to get his visa in 3 days??? Good for him but i'm slowly losing my mind here waiting for mine like im sure everyone else is

Please can you tell me how you did it within 3 days. I've been waiting for 4 months now
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 11:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmaanfi
Please can you tell me how you did it within 3 days. I've been waiting for 4 months now
By applying from the UAE.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 3:34 pm
UK spouse visa

movingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nice

General rant to help with my stress at this moment!

I'm at 40 B.D on a priority spouse visa application. Tried all avenues as we all have, MP, Escalation etc. As of next Friday (17th) i have nowhere to live - i allowed 47 business days in my plan to get the passport on a priority, obviously i underestimated unless i get back before next Friday. Moving into airbnb with my wife and 2 young kids while we wait, moving my belongings into storage, i pray we hear something before then. My job in the UK is due to start on the 15th in a week from now.

UKVI doesn't care i realize this but they have such a big impact on people's lives while they process our applications. The solicitor i hired mentioned all the applications she has done since May are very badly delayed.

Rant over - good luck all
Old Aug 8th 2018, 9:58 am
Just Joined

M_a_c is an unknown quantity at this point

78 business days and counting. Priority paid.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Trooper86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Currently on 47 business days (priority). Got an email on the 24th of July saying final stages and finally received our supporting documents back last Saturday (4th August). Waiting for a decision!
Old Aug 8th 2018, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Trooper86
Currently on 47 business days (priority). Got an email on the 24th of July saying final stages and finally received our supporting documents back last Saturday (4th August). Waiting for a decision!

Wow! I'm so happy for you. Have you receive your Visa yet? I hope the visa is approve. Congratulation!
Old Aug 8th 2018, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by M_a_c
78 business days and counting. Priority paid.
Hmm. Do you receive any email from them yet? I have been waiting for 4 month and I haven't got any email from them. Please advise
Old Aug 8th 2018, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by movingtolakes
Check out the latest post on the timelines only thread from "uaemanc" - how ON EARTH did he manage to get his visa in 3 days??? Good for him but i'm slowly losing my mind here waiting for mine like im sure everyone else is
Any news about your documents with the home office? I've been waiting for 4 month now and I haven't heard from them. Please advise
Old Aug 9th 2018, 5:02 am
Just Joined

Trooper86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emmaanfi
Wow! I'm so happy for you. Have you receive your Visa yet? I hope the visa is approve. Congratulation!
Today is 48 days on a priority service and not heard anything. Will be calling UKVI today.
Old Aug 9th 2018, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, settlement fiance application for my fiance from Azerbaijan.
He had biometrics done on 11th of July, documents received on 17th July.

It's a non priority application, I regretted not going for priority, but seeing they delay priority applicants so much, maybe I did not lose that much.

Does anyone know if ECO is assigned based on country of application, does it matter in terms of application processing time if lets say there have been only 1-2 applications submitted from Azerbaijan? Or everything gets piled up on one stack and ECO picks whatever is on the top of the pile?

Good luck to all. Hopefully all of us will be united with our loved ones soon.
Old Aug 9th 2018, 11:47 am
Just Joined

zlynne is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone received an email in response to a status update saying something like "this visa was issued three days ago and the applicant should be notified by the local VAC any day now"? If my visa is just sitting there I'm wondering how long it will take for them to get it to me. I have not received the "decision made" email yet.
Old Aug 9th 2018, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zlynne
Has anyone received an email in response to a status update saying something like "this visa was issued three days ago and the applicant should be notified by the local VAC any day now"? If my visa is just sitting there I'm wondering how long it will take for them to get it to me. I have not received the "decision made" email yet.
What it says on the online tracking? "Decision made" tick is done?
Old Aug 9th 2018, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

zlynne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nora_
What it says on the online tracking? "Decision made" tick is done?
Where would I find that? My lawyer emailed the Home office and they responded with “this visa was issued on August 3rd and the applicant should be notified by the local VAC any day now”. That’s our only indication. UPS tracking just says the shipping label was created but hasn’t reached a UPS facility yet.
Old Aug 9th 2018, 1:56 pm
UK spouse visa

movingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nice

Originally Posted by zlynne

Where would I find that? My lawyer emailed the Home office and they responded with “this visa was issued on August 3rd and the applicant should be notified by the local VAC any day now”. That’s our only indication. UPS tracking just says the shipping label was created but hasn’t reached a UPS facility yet.
My UPS tracking shows the same thing but decision was made on 6th - anyone else have a handle on how long it takes them in general to ship the documents and passports back once a decision is made?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.