British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/merged-spouse-visa-issues-sheffield-spouse-visa-chat-thread-899315/)

Mflem Jul 14th 2018 10:49 am

Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Emmaanfi (Post 12532909)
Thank you. we will receive good news very soon.

God willing yo.

Emmaanfi Jul 18th 2018 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Trooper86 (Post 12528703)
The timeline starts from the day after you had your biometrics taken.

You will have to wait. I also have the same issue. The only message I got from them is that Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

Tryxey Jul 18th 2018 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Emmaanfi (Post 12534593)
You will have to wait. I also have the same issue. The only message I got from them is that Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

thanks Emmaanfi, it looks like it was a mistake in terms of answer - ie. it is from biometrics but still the usual answer of - no decision as yet.

Since my post, there has been a decision made (40 working days post biometrics). Not sure how long it takes from decision to delivery of assport

thanks

Emmaanfi Jul 18th 2018 10:29 am

Which country did you apply from? Because I apply from Nigeria and I receive the same email last month on the 29th June 2018. I'm still waiting for them to make a decision till date

Emmaanfi Jul 18th 2018 10:54 am

Wow! I'm so happy to hear this good news. I can't wait to share my good news here as well. God is still working

Mflem Jul 18th 2018 11:08 am

It's day 41 for us, we involved our MP about 7 days ago and they have told us today that the HO informed them yesterday that a decision has been made and they have issued the visa. I've never heard of them informing an MP of the result but I'm very grateful!

Now for the official notice from the HO to confirm.

Emmaanfi Jul 18th 2018 11:25 am

I also apply from Nigeria. on the 6th April 2018. And the only message I receive from them on the 29th of June is Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.
We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection
I will just suggest we should be patience till we hear from them that the decision has been made
let keep praying to God.
Thanks

Emmaanfi Jul 18th 2018 11:58 am

Which country do you submit your application from? And have you call them?

Tryxey Jul 18th 2018 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Emmaanfi (Post 12534820)
Which country do you submit your application from? And have you call them?

I submitted from Australia, there were no complications with our submission, it just took time. A decision has been made (they will not tell you what it is before you pick the visa). I never called as this is very expensive, they tend to keep you on hold and then you get the same generic info.

acd214 Jul 19th 2018 10:29 pm

Hi everyone, I have been waiting from the 30th of October 2017 and the last time I heard anything from the UKVI was on the 23rd of January. It's been a 183 working days and more if you multiply it by stress and anxiety. My solicitor wrote to them in May and they said he needs a fresh letter of authority to say he represents me, signed and sent it back to him and he wrote back to them on the 20th of June haven't heard anything since.On the website it clearly says the contact centre staff can not give you any specifics about your application, so when you call or email they just tell you something because you have paid. You are wasting money if you contact them

Mflem Jul 19th 2018 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by acd214 (Post 12535818)
Hi everyone, I have been waiting from the 30th of October 2017 and the last time I heard anything from the UKVI was on the 23rd of January. It's been a 183 working days and more if you multiply it by stress and anxiety. My solicitor wrote to them in May and they said he needs a fresh letter of authority to say he represents me, signed and sent it back to him and he wrote back to them on the 20th of June haven't heard anything since.On the website it clearly says the contact centre staff can not give you any specifics about your application, so when you call or email they just tell you something because you have paid. You are wasting money if you contact them

Hi there, I'm assuming you're applying for spouse visa and you have a sponsor in the UK? Get your sponsor to write to his MP!!!

We did so, they even informed our MP of the result of our decision before the passport was back in Abuja for my wife. The MP will make an enquiry by phone then send a permission letter to your sponsor so they can send a letter directly to your case worker. They can emphasise how long you have been waiting and ask them to deliver their decision with a priority.

No guarantee, but as far as I know it's the only way you can actually reach the UKVI staff instead of their automated email service or their third party phone answerers.

Regant Jul 20th 2018 3:12 am

This is my second application for spouse visa, first application they were a bit confused with a few things and we didn’t provide enough evidence or at the bank to stamp all pages of statements etc.

this time round we had immigratuon lawyers in the UK submit on our behalf.

We paid priority and here we are at day 48, our lawyers have escalated and our MP has emailed and rung, we had a response to our escalation and the email was:
We have received an email regarding your visa application.

The application is in the final processing stages and a decision will be made soon.

Further Investigation is required applicant will be contacted directly once concluded.

Is this a bad sign? Makes me feel very nervous!!!
Out lawyers said we can get in on savings route and employment route, they had 4 different lawyers sign off our application at the agency, so I’m really hoping this is all good this time?

Anyone ekse have this abd get approved visa?

Thanks

nerner Jul 23rd 2018 11:18 am

Does anyone know about my situation?

im waiting for the decision email. But I’m confused which email address will they try to send me. Because on my application was leave my solicitor email as contact. And the staff was told me my solicitor will receive the email instead of me by the date I went to take the biomimetic. However I received the email from VISAINFO.SH to inform me the application is ready for ECO..... last month. So now I don’t know how do they reply me? The worst things is my solicitor quit :(

Dannigao Jul 24th 2018 9:19 am

Originally Posted by veryan (Post 12522800)
Dear All

I wanted to share my experience with you so that maybe you'll find some hope in it.
I applied for my spouse visa in January this year and it was rejected in April, literally on the 60th working day.
The refusal letter was a template of what they send everyone and did no make any sense, it was clear that they had not looked at the evidence I had sent. they said I didn't meet the financial requirement although we very clearly did as per their own guidance.
I went to the consulate office in my country, they really couldn't help, the consul tried to make some calls but to no avail, I showed her all the evidence and she agreed with me in that we did meet all the requirements.
In an act of desperation I called our local MP and asked for help,
I sent a very very thorough complaint letter to he HO with the MP in copy, the letter rejected the refusal point by point, I made sure that on every single rejection point I quoted both the guidance and the paperwork I had sent and that I needed a very clear response as to why the evidence provided had neither been acknowledged nor dismissed. the MP then followed up with the HO, I must have sent 10 complaint letters, calls, I mean you name it, called the MP's office 3 times a week, finally, 1 month later, the decision was overturned. They revised and looked at everything and realized I had submitted all of the evidence and that we met all of the requirements. Please bare in mind, we were not asking for exemptions and that we had submitted EVERYTHING, we didn't miss one single document, the problem was that the Case worked missed some of the evidence and refused us based on that.

After almost a year of being separated we finally have a travel date.

I wanted to share this to bring hope to so many of you whom I expect are going through the same ordeal, if you know and are 100% sure you sent everything than don't give up, your local MP will support you if you have the truth on your side!

good luck to everyone, and I hope you are able to reunite with your love ones soon!

Hi veryan

My husband just got the same thing as you got.

Thank you so much again for your sharing.

We are going to do the same way.

Emmaanfi Jul 26th 2018 3:16 am

Which country did you apply from? Because spouse visa take 60-90 working days