Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jun 15th 2018, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Dannigao is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Yes, it is non priority.

I contacted my MP several times, but my MP does not really helpful.

I am waiting for the reply from HO about the complain. If it is still not work, I will go to the ombudsman.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Mrs Rose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dannigao
Yes, it is non priority.

I contacted my MP several times, but my MP does not really helpful.

I am waiting for the reply from HO about the complain. If it is still not work, I will go to the ombudsman.
You are definitely doing the right thing. 117 working days is just way too long. Without no communication to update you on what’s going on. I reallydo hope you hear something positive real soon. We’re all in similar situations with UKVI which makes me wonder do they work on our cases in order? Or is it just random applications at a time. Let’s hope HO does assist you. Stay strong xxx
Old Jun 16th 2018, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dreamy31

you can contact them Monday to Friday but they sent out emails Monday to Sunday. I have seen people received emails on a Sunday which was shocking as I never thought they sent email out on sundays but yes they do sent emails on Saturday and sundays too. So fingers cross.
Apparently ukvi states they deal with application in biometric order.
Do they work on weekends too? I know, strangely enough I’ve seem people say they have been contacted on a Saturday or a Sunday. Im hoping to hear something this week and if we don’t, then I’ve lost all hope in them. This is ridiculous how they have us in a waiting game with no one to turn to.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 11:37 am
Just Joined

TimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Rose

Do they work on weekends too? I know, strangely enough I’ve seem people say they have been contacted on a Saturday or a Sunday. Im hoping to hear something this week and if we don’t, then I’ve lost all hope in them. This is ridiculous how they have us in a waiting game with no one to turn to.
They do employ staff for evening and weekend shifts. But I’m not sure whether that covers all activities related to settlement visa applications.

Old Jun 16th 2018, 1:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

We’re all in similar situations with UKVI which makes me wonder do they work on our cases in order?
They do process them in order, but of course each application takes a different amount of time. It could be something as simple the applicant having the same name as somebody on a watch list somewhere so background checks take longer, or the immi officer is off sick, or there's a doubt about the veracity of employment proof so that needs manually checking. There are just too many variants to even begin to try and understand why some applications are processed much quicker than others unfortunately. And of course, the country of origin will make a huge difference - somebody applying from a high fraud country will generally take longer than somebody from somewhere else.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mrs RoseI do not know why I cannot quote your post originally.It's been a busy and tired day for me today. I was out whole day, I took my two sons (one is 5 weeks old, another one is 10 years old) to my older son's swimming class and Taekwondo training (he has already missed few since the little one born). We left home at 10.30am and back home at 5pm. I just had my supper (as simply as possible). I really hope you will get good news on Monday. Take care! xxx
Old Jun 16th 2018, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

markgrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fashon
Hi guys just to let you guys know, if you have been waiting over the stipulated time given and u have received an email about your visa or the status of the visa I think you should visit your VAC if that's where u did the application bcoz chances are the passport is there. Remember the email system is automated so some cases it probably didn't sent to say passport is ready to collect or decision has been made or whatever and not one is going to check over a 1000 emails to see who emails have been sent to or not and also remember it states that if the time has passed and u get no emails u should visit your VAC. Also am sorry to burst you all bubbles but chances are if you been waiting long over stipulated time probably your visa haven't been considered. I am talkingcfrom experience. U could check my threads on here I waited about 70days or so with no emails and I decided to just pop up at the VAC and my passport was there I waited twenty days extra also the visa wasn't granted so take my advise and visit the center ✌🏽 Best of luck my friends. It's hard being separated from your loved ones I have soon my wife since our honeymoon six months now going on the seven but guys remember time is the master of everything and nothing happens before it time so have a positive outlook zeen. Bless up unu self 🇯🇲
good day to u mate, sorry to hear about the outcome of you're application , hope all goes well 2nd time around , my wife is currently waiting on her spouse visa from jamaica 60 working days will be on wednesday but we plan to just wait and if nothing of the 60 working day we call them , but just a bit curious , when u visited the centre did they challenge u in any way because i red that if u don't get a call or email to collect you're documents u must no just pop up at the centre.. and also did they require any id for you to take passport or did they just id u from the passport it self
Old Jun 17th 2018, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Dreamy31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markgrant
good day to u mate, sorry to hear about the outcome of you're application , hope all goes well 2nd time around , my wife is currently waiting on her spouse visa from jamaica 60 working days will be on wednesday but we plan to just wait and if nothing of the 60 working day we call them , but just a bit curious , when u visited the centre did they challenge u in any way because i red that if u don't get a call or email to collect you're documents u must no just pop up at the centre.. and also did they require any id for you to take passport or did they just id u from the passport it self

It did say on the receipt if you don’t get a decision within 30 working days(priority) then visit the VAC, but i was telling ma hubby not to turn up at Kingston in case they turn him away. Also ukvi saying not to go until u get email saying documents are ready. We on 32 working days waiting tomorrow makes 33 (priority)
Old Jun 18th 2018, 10:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dannigao
Hi Mrs RoseI do not know why I cannot quote your post originally.It's been a busy and tired day for me today. I was out whole day, I took my two sons (one is 5 weeks old, another one is 10 years old) to my older son's swimming class and Taekwondo training (he has already missed few since the little one born). We left home at 10.30am and back home at 5pm. I just had my supper (as simply as possible). I really hope you will get good news on Monday. Take care! xxx
Hi Dannigao,
Seems like you had a busy day. Im just wishing you luck with everything this week and i hope you hear something real soon. Awwww you have a 5week old baby?! How cute. Have a great day
Old Jun 18th 2018, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Dannigao,
Seems like you had a busy day. Im just wishing you luck with everything this week and i hope you hear something real soon. Awwww you have a 5week old baby?! How cute. Have a great day
Hi Mrs Rose

Any news about the your husband's passport?

Thank you so much for your wishing!

Yes,I have a 5 weeks old baby boy, he is born on 10th May 2018.

Best wishes for you!
Old Jun 19th 2018, 12:21 am
Just Joined

w.virgo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I have applied for the Settlement Visa from Melbourne, Australia.
When I try to check the processing time through gov.uk website it doesn't show the settlement visa.
All the non-settlement visa processing time is available.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 1:59 am
Just Joined

Cristallina96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cristallina96
Hi there, hope I’m posting in the correct forum. I am a British citizen and I applied for my Jamaican husbands U.K. spouse visa on the 7th April with the help of a immigration solicitor. Husband done biometrics on the 16th April. I’m currently pregnant 39 weeks and baby is due next Tuesday the 19th, we did a priority application because of this reason. It has now been 40 working days since biometrics I called UKVi on 00 44 20 3481 1736 (number from Gov website) on Tuesday 5th June and Wednesday 6th June to check status. I was told on the Tuesday “A decision has been made on your application, allow 10 working days for the passport and documents to be returned” but they told me they couldn’t tell me when decision was made. On the Wednesday I was told “A decision was definitely made last week Friday the 1st June, the passport will be returned to the VAC centre and will take up to 10 working days.” I asked why I haven’t received any email to tell me the decision was made and they said “I have to wait for the passport to be returned to the VAC first and then we will be emailed to pick it up and find out the decision” my husband did his biometrics at the VAC centre in Kingston where they took his passport and appendix 2. I’m not sure if in Jamaica for uk settlement applications if they send the passport to Sheffield or if they keep it in Jamaica? However On the Jamaica VFSglobal website it says “for settlement applications, once you have enrolled your biometrics, your passport and appendix 2 will be sent to the British High Commission in Kingston Jamaica, however the decision will be made at UKVi in Sheffield UK and supporting documents must be sent there” I’m so confused because if they made a decision on the 1st June why didn’t I receive a “decision made” email? and if his passport was sent to the Kingston Jamaica British High Commission during application processing and is to be sent back the the VAC in Kingston Jamaica after decision is made, then why does it take 10 working days!? When both centres are in the same city and are close by each other. honestly this is taking way too long, I have received no updates at all since the 25th April when they sent the “your application is now being prepared for consideration by an ECO” email, the only reason I know a decision is made is because I had to call and find out or else I would not have a clue! I’m really getting worried now at why I have not received any emails at all so far regarding the decision being made or to pick up the passport when it’s been 40 working days since biometrics, we are a priority application and apparently decision was already made on 1st June which is now 7 working days since then? I see most people get a decision made email first and then a following email to tell them to pick up their passport, but I’ve just been told to wait 10 working days from the day of decision being made to get an email to pick Up passport. Please if anyone may know anything or is also in a similar situation, please respond and possibly shed some light. Desperate pregnant woman here really missing my husband and panicking, stressing about how long it will take for me to be reunited with him. If the decision has already been made why are we still waiting so long for any further email/notification?

Anyway this is our timeline;
7th April: Online application done and paid
8th April: Priority Service paid
16th April: Husbands appointment at VAC Kingston Centre
24th April: 2 separate Emails regarding English language requirement and prepaid envelope (sent prepaid envelope the next day. Immigration solicitor sent email to Sheffield explaining my husband is exempt from the English language requirement as he is from an English speaking country, she told me I shouldn’t worry)
25th April: Email that online application has been received and is being prepared for consideration by Entry Clearance Officer
5th June: Called UKVi to check status of application “decision has been made, allow 10 working days for documents to be sent to Kingston”
6th June: Called UKVi again! “A decision was made last week Friday 1st June, have to wait for documents to come back to see what the decision is, up to 10 working days”
8th June: I (UK sponsor) Received back all supporting documents
12th June: still nothing no emails, no updates!

I guess this Thursday the 14th is 10 working days and I’m so scared that This will be another week of no email! -_- my baby is due next week, I know sometimes baby’s are overdue but there is still a possibility that my dear husband may miss our baby’s birth, I already spent my pregnancy without him. I’m praying we will be emailed to pick up passport this week so we can hopefully get a flight for the weekend or beginning of next week!

Advice pleaseeeeee
Hello everyone,
I would like to update you all on my case. As you know I didn’t recieve a “decision made email” although I did call UKVI twice on 5th and 6th June and was told the Decision was made on the 1st June and to wait 10 working days for email to pick up passport. On the 14th June it was 10 working days since decision was made and I was so impatient by then that I decided to call UKVI again and was told that they will “escalate” the case.
Stressed and worried On Monday 18th me and my husband had planned and arranged for him to go to the VAC yesterday the 19th to enquire about his passport as it would be 13 working days since the decision was made. We was worried he may go and his passport is still not available but when he went for his biometrics he was told that he should come back and visit the VAC again if he doesn’t receive any email communication within 30 days of the biometrics and he was given a receipt that also says this so we thought we should give it a try although they may still turn him away.
Yesterday to my surprise I woke up to an email from my lawyer and she forwarded to me an email from the Kingston VAC stating that the application was received back at the VAC on the 14th of June and the passport is now ready for collection.
So the VAC actually did receive back his passport in 10 working days from the decision being made. They emailed my lawyer on the 15th of June but neither of us were aware but she then forwarded the email to me first thing in the morning on the 19th June. I was so shocked but super happy when I saw this as we had already arranged to go on this day for my husband to go to the VAC but he was just going to enquire about his passport and now we actually had a reason to go, finally knowing that his visa was there and ready to collect 👍🏾 It was like a sign from God that we had arranged and prepared to go and then received the email.

Well he went to the VAC and got there around 1pm but waited outside in his car talking to me on the phone and then finally went in at 2pm the start of the collection time. We were soooooooo nervous and afraid of what the verdict would be although we had amazing help with the application from my immigration lawyer.
Well He got his passport with his visa vignette sticker stuck inside dated 10 June 2018 - 10 July 2018! 😁 👏🏾 👍🏾 ❤️ this was the best day ever! So glad everything went perfectly well and I can finally stop worrying and stressing and my husband now has his passport with visa in hand and now we just need to book a flight hoping he can arrive this weekend before our baby is born 😁
33 working days from biometrics to decision being made
43 working days from biometrics to receiving email to pick up passport

i really hope my crazy timeline and story and can help and reassure anyone else in a similar situation especially if u have applied from Jamaica and want to see what the process from a fellow Jamaican applicant and sponsor is like. Stay strong and please don’t think the worst even though I know it’s easier said than done especially when you are sick and tired of waiting around. I was thinking the worst that something happened to the passport or we wouldn’t get it back within the advised 10 working days but it did arrive in that exact time frame. Make sure if you gave more than one email on your application you check each and every inbox and junk folder for your email or if you had help from a lawyer, make sure your lawyer also checks their emails too. I wish the best of luck for each and everyone of you and I will keep you all in my prayers, thank you also to everyone that replied and gave me advice when I needed it also.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi Cristallina96
congratulations!!!So happy for you!
Old Jun 20th 2018, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Dreamy31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cristallina96

Hello everyone,
I would like to update you all on my case. As you know I didn’t recieve a “decision made email” although I did call UKVI twice on 5th and 6th June and was told the Decision was made on the 1st June and to wait 10 working days for email to pick up passport. On the 14th June it was 10 working days since decision was made and I was so impatient by then that I decided to call UKVI again and was told that they will “escalate” the case.
Stressed and worried On Monday 18th me and my husband had planned and arranged for him to go to the VAC yesterday the 19th to enquire about his passport as it would be 13 working days since the decision was made. We was worried he may go and his passport is still not available but when he went for his biometrics he was told that he should come back and visit the VAC again if he doesn’t receive any email communication within 30 days of the biometrics and he was given a receipt that also says this so we thought we should give it a try although they may still turn him away.
Yesterday to my surprise I woke up to an email from my lawyer and she forwarded to me an email from the Kingston VAC stating that the application was received back at the VAC on the 14th of June and the passport is now ready for collection.
So the VAC actually did receive back his passport in 10 working days from the decision being made. They emailed my lawyer on the 15th of June but neither of us were aware but she then forwarded the email to me first thing in the morning on the 19th June. I was so shocked but super happy when I saw this as we had already arranged to go on this day for my husband to go to the VAC but he was just going to enquire about his passport and now we actually had a reason to go, finally knowing that his visa was there and ready to collect 👍🏾 It was like a sign from God that we had arranged and prepared to go and then received the email.

Well he went to the VAC and got there around 1pm but waited outside in his car talking to me on the phone and then finally went in at 2pm the start of the collection time. We were soooooooo nervous and afraid of what the verdict would be although we had amazing help with the application from my immigration lawyer.
Well He got his passport with his visa vignette sticker stuck inside dated 10 June 2018 - 10 July 2018! 😁 👏🏾 👍🏾 ❤️ this was the best day ever! So glad everything went perfectly well and I can finally stop worrying and stressing and my husband now has his passport with visa in hand and now we just need to book a flight hoping he can arrive this weekend before our baby is born 😁
33 working days from biometrics to decision being made
43 working days from biometrics to receiving email to pick up passport

i really hope my crazy timeline and story and can help and reassure anyone else in a similar situation especially if u have applied from Jamaica and want to see what the process from a fellow Jamaican applicant and sponsor is like. Stay strong and please don’t think the worst even though I know it’s easier said than done especially when you are sick and tired of waiting around. I was thinking the worst that something happened to the passport or we wouldn’t get it back within the advised 10 working days but it did arrive in that exact time frame. Make sure if you gave more than one email on your application you check each and every inbox and junk folder for your email or if you had help from a lawyer, make sure your lawyer also checks their emails too. I wish the best of luck for each and everyone of you and I will keep you all in my prayers, thank you also to everyone that replied and gave me advice when I needed it also.

Awww I’m super happy for you congratulations,you can finally be together as a family. This morning at 5.09am we received a email from contact centre that a decision as been made, I also think my hubby miss a call from Vac in Kingston yesterday so he is going there today. Please pray for us. It took 35 days

Last edited by Dreamy31; Jun 20th 2018 at 6:12 am.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dreamy31
Awww I’m super happy for you congratulations,you can finally be together as a family. This morning at 5.09am we received a email from contact centre that a decision as been made, I also think my hubby miss a call from Vac in Kingston yesterday so he is going there today. Please pray for us. It took 35 days
I am super happy for you!

congratulations!

I pray for you. Waiting to the good news!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.