Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Feb 23rd 2018, 4:22 am
Just Joined

Fashon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Fashon
Just a quick question. I am a Jamaican citizen my eife and I got married of oct 30th 2017 we made our application a week after we got married I did biometrics on the first of December and documents was scanned to Sheffield on that same day. On the 11th of December I got three consecutive emails from Sheffield stating that:
1: no return envelop was sent
2: no tb test was presented
3: no proof of English language

Please not that Jamaica was not on the listed country for to or English language test so non of those was presented. My wife sent the a letter a day after but haven't heard from them since. It has bee 41 working days today from biometrics. Should I be worried? Btw I was given a 60days wait.
56 days and still waiting.....am nervous anxious and everything in one. Should I be nervous?
Old Mar 10th 2018, 12:54 am
Just Joined

arham786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Godschild
Hi I am a Jamaican citizen my husband is British citizen his background is Jamaican he has his own home etc..

I lived in the UK for 14years with my grandparents I was legal for 8years as a student, I feel ill just before my leave expire and couldn't work to fund the renewal of my student visa.

I have no criminal record my only crime is overstaying which I regret to this day as I am person who obey the rules.

In 2012 I submit a new application base on discretionary leave to remain ( As I was caring for my grandparents with terminal cancer/ dementia in 2008 my grandfather passaway and grandmother also passaway in 2013) but my application was refuse a year later we sent a review letter but we didn't receive an acknowledged from HO.

I have attended my church since I arrived in the UK 2003 involved in many ministries,In 2013 my husband asked me out and we decided to get married 2 years later, So our families and friends including our Pastor travel to Jamaica June 2016 where we got married. My husband was working part time when we got married so we waited until he got a job that meets the financial requirements.

We then apply in July 2017, On the 25th Oct 2017 we receive an email stating that our application is not straight forward and will not process within the time.

We wait them call 15th Nov 2017 for an update to find out if they want us to send more information etc...

We received the same email a week later stated to wait as application is not straight forward.

On the 4th December 2017 a family member in the UK where I was living send me an invoice from NHS asking me to pay for services that I used while I was illegal (the letter was sent date 21st November with instructions with immediate payment in full as this will affect your visa application) anyway we made the payment within in 2 days.

We email and called HO to inform them that we made the payment- we receive an acknowledgement from them of this information.

On 8th Jan 2018 we called again for an update we receive an email stating that the application is in the final processing stages and a decision will be made soon since them we have not heard from them

What should we do? We have been waiting more than a 120 days now since we made the application our patience as been exhausted.

Please can someone anyone advice us on what to do next
We would really appreciate your help. Thanks
hey..any reply yet?
Old Mar 10th 2018, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Edatefi
I’ve just sent off my application using the priority service. Stay tuned!

wat happened?any reply?
Old Mar 11th 2018, 12:49 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouseconfused
hi everyone!
Im new here,this site is very helpfull for us new applicants.
im just confused if we are eligible for cat B,
my British husband had been employed for more than 2 years w/ the same employer,his gross annual income for the tax year april 2017-present is £19,000++ but if we go to category A and compute his last 6 months payslip it wouldnt reach the £18,600 minimum,but if we compute the 12months wer ok,

so will we still be able to apply via category B even if its the same employer?

thank you
grrr. You've already started your own thread to ask this question - please don't ask the same question in multiple places.
As I replied on your thread, you're posting in the middle of the night in the UK. People will reply if/when they can.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

adi16 is an unknown quantity at this point

55 workings days and still waiting.... no response at all from home office except acknowledgement email back in January. Should I contact them? Should I contact MP? Kind of anxious and impatient at the moment, haven't seen my 2 year old since November and that too for just 2 weeks.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by adi16
55 workings days and still waiting.... no response at all from home office except acknowledgement email back in January. Should I contact them? Should I contact MP? Kind of anxious and impatient at the moment, haven't seen my 2 year old since November and that too for just 2 weeks.
Am on 67 days haven't seen my wife since October
Old Mar 13th 2018, 7:19 am
Just Joined

MichaelaShannonMensah is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have pairs priority email them and pay!! If you haven’t got priority wait do the 60 working days x
Old Mar 13th 2018, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Yea!!! I have been told to wait until 60 days.
@Fashon my sympathies mate. Hope we get to see our respective families asap. Good luck
Old Mar 13th 2018, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Siyami is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Fashon;12461425]Am on 67 days haven't seen my wife since October[/QUOTE

I am on 90 working days. 130 days in total. Since 1 November. Ukvi interviewed my husband and employer on the 25 January. I sent a mail regarding my application status on the 21 February and they replied it is still under consideration. Called again on the 27 of February same respond. Was told case is escalated. Was advised to call after 15 working days if the situation remain the same.

The most difficult part of all this is the waiting game,coupled with the fact one doesn't even know what will be the out come.

We should all pray that our situations come to a happy end.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 10:57 am
Just Joined

MichaelaShannonMensah is an unknown quantity at this point

After recovering a decision made email on the 31 working day we have now received email to pick up passport nw fdocumebts my husband has but is not opening till home!
Old Mar 14th 2018, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

tidal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I figured I would chime in on this thread instead of making my own. Looking for a little advice and/or reassurance.

My priority spouse visa application was received by UKVI on January 16th, one day after my biometrics were done in Copenhagen, Denmark. I'm an American citizen.

Around the beginning of Februrary, my apartment was sold (this would have happened regardless) and I needed to change the return address for my documents, as 30 working days would have put me right at the end of Februrary, my move-out date. I sent an email to UKVI about a change of address on February 15th (late, I know). After numerous phone calls later to confirm the change of address, I had very little actual confirmation.

This is unfortunately where it gets bad. 30 working days roll around with no sign of my documents or any correspondence from UKVI. On March 8th I recelived a packet of documents. Horrifyingly, these are not my documents. UKVI has actually sent me someone else's documents. I called them immediately, and spoke to someone who seemed genuinely concerned (rare with the call center, I've found).

The next day I received an email stating that MY application needed further supporting information. We sent these the following day on March 9th. On one hand I'm thrilled my application seems to be moving along. On the other hand, I still haven't received any indication of how to return the poor person's documents I received by accident, and I wonder if they really failed to look at my application before a week after it was due to be completed?

I called again on the 12th, and was brushed off and told I just need to wait to find out if 1) my address has been successfully changed, 2) they actually received the further supporting documents, 3) and most amazingly, what to do with this poor person's documents.

I'm truly at a loss. All I know to do is to keep trying to contact them, but it doesn't actually seem to help. I guess I mostly needed to get this off my chest, this whole process has been harrowing.

Sorry for the huge post!
Old Mar 15th 2018, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

That is horrible. That person should know that HO sent his documents to someone else. so that he can sue the shit out of HO. They are incompetent bastards working in HO, playing with people's lives.
If i was you i would called that person and tell him what they have done to his personal documents. I really feel that poor guy.
Good luck with your application.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 1:15 am
Just Joined

That is horrible. That person should know that HO sent his documents to someone else. so that he can sue the shit out of HO. They are incompetent bastards working in HO, playing with people's lives.
If i was you i would called that person and tell him what they have done to his personal documents. I really feel that poor guy.
yes this is very iressponsible i wouldnt want my private life sent to someone elses door. not right at all.
try to contact tat person and plz get hi his docs.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 4:26 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Siyami;12462013]
Originally Posted by Fashon
Am on 67 days haven't seen my wife since October[/QUOTE

I am on 90 working days. 130 days in total. Since 1 November. Ukvi interviewed my husband and employer on the 25 January. I sent a mail regarding my application status on the 21 February and they replied it is still under consideration. Called again on the 27 of February same respond. Was told case is escalated. Was advised to call after 15 working days if the situation remain the same.

The most difficult part of all this is the waiting game,coupled with the fact one doesn't even know what will be the out come.

We should all pray that our situations come to a happy end.
It's really crazy what's happening, my wife called them on Tuesday they said that a decision has been made from the 23rd of February and I still haven't received my passport they can't tell us if the passport is still in Sheffield or if it's sent off. Say they gonna call courier and I probably get a call in 48hrs time that was from Tuesday am here counting down the hours bcoz on exact 48hrs they gonna get a call from me. The worst thing about it too is that I haven't even gotten an email from them during the whole process only from start saying the got application and about supporting documents and another one stating that they haven't gotten any tb test and proof of English language. That's all no further communication. The waiting is indeed the energy sucker in this whole process.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 4:29 am
Just Joined

I wonder if it's my document 🤔😂. That's really sad tho

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.