Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 16th 2017, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
I'm sorry for you

I have a solicitor from the start. He sent our supporting documents off to the UKVI.

My MP has actually been useful he managed to get to the bottom of our missing supporting documents that UKVI had all along.

A solicitor cannot do anything.

The rules are really designed in the favour of the Home Office.

The best approach is to use your MP to keep in regular contact with UKVI and apply gentle pressure to focus on your application.

If your local MP isn't doing enough for you, then why not use another MP in your township?

There is nothing stopping you from highlighting your case to an MP and see what they can do?

For them it's another secured vote in the future if they get you a result
Thank you for your advise. How can i get in touch with other MP. I dont think i am allowed as each borough have one MP
Old Oct 16th 2017, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

We are an April application to and have gone past 120 days since Friday last week.

We received the 31 October email so we are hopeful still.

If we go past the 31st of October then something coordinated needs to happen and we can use 90+ day thread to think of some type of action
Many of us have passed the maximum waiting timr 24 weeks i am on 25th weeks i need to take some action but i dont know what what what i feel hopeless
Old Oct 16th 2017, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MA17
Case worker in MP office said no response from HO nothing we can do
They've been very quiet these past 7 days Sheffield. Wonder what the silence from them means. Really hope you end up getting the visa after waiting this long. It's been a proper farce!
Old Oct 16th 2017, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Traceben is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
They've been very quiet these past 7 days Sheffield. Wonder what the silence from them means. Really hope you end up getting the visa after waiting this long. It's been a proper farce!
There are people who have had their visas who applied after us by two months yet we have had no non straight forwards or anything etc
Old Oct 16th 2017, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MA17
Thank you for your advise. How can i get in touch with other MP. I dont think i am allowed as each borough have one MP
You will be living in a town where you will have more than 1 MP representing constituents under a certain post code.

Check using another area in a town who the MP is.

MP's represent people, don't let anybody dictate unnecessary rules to you.

Try speaking to another MP that is willing to listen.

Contact your MP - UK Parliament
Old Oct 16th 2017, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am141
I’ll be 90 days in 2 days. My sponsor is self employed.
I ask because I am the UK sponsor of my wife and I have the director of my own limited company.

I am classed both employed and self employed, being both an employee and director of my limited company.

My wife found a group on facebook who are waiting longer and the reason being their UK sponsor's are self employed and it's takes UKVI to perform more checks on them

I don't know if there is any truth in this but I can't find a reason yet to deny it either
Old Oct 16th 2017, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Traceben
There are people who have had their visas who applied after us by two months yet we have had no non straight forwards or anything etc
Seems so unfair doesn't it. Maybe they were priority? I don'get how some countries take longer to process, maybe the high fraud rates have everything to do with it. Other's committing crimes and the legit people have to suffer.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=press1977;12361982]
Originally Posted by JAsh

Hi
No I didn't fill that survey because its only for people who are received the decision last 3 months. Only those people can fill that survey. Firstly I thought HO made a decision and send that survey email. So when did you do the Biometrics and from which country you applied visa? When did you receive the survey email? I got it that survey email last Friday. Have you contacted HO after that survey email? What did they say? Hope we all get visa soon. Good luck.
Hi,

My biometrics was done June 22 in Manila, Philippines.

My husband sent a status report query to the British Embassy Manila and received a reply a week ago, which says "they can confirm that my application is moving forward and being assessed by an ECO".

At the bottom of the email, there was that bit about the survey which I've posted here.

I tried the link today and it says "UKVI - International Complaints Survey" on the first page. I didn't continue filling up the survey, as we haven't filed a formal complaint yet.

I'll get my husband to take a look at the said link later. Maybe we didn't get the same survey?

Last edited by JAsh; Oct 16th 2017 at 3:53 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Traceben is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems so unfair doesn't it. Maybe they were priority? I don'get how some countries take longer to process, maybe the high fraud rates have everything to do with it. Other's committing crimes and the legit people have to suffer.
We paid priority 600 quid and the health money 600 all in April although they shut website down from March to April so they put prices up also
Old Oct 16th 2017, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Traceben
We paid priority 600 quid and the health money 600 all in April although they shut website down from March to April so they put prices up also
How many days has it been now? Have you tried contacting the local MP to get them to chase Sheffield to see where they are at with the application?
Old Oct 16th 2017, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point

I ask because I am the UK sponsor of my wife and I have the director of my own limited company.

I am classed both employed and self employed, being both an employee and director of my limited company.

My wife found a group on facebook who are waiting longer and the reason being their UK sponsor's are self employed and it's takes UKVI to perform more checks on them

I don't know if there is any truth in this but I can't find a reason yet to deny it either
That’s interesting because this is my second application, my sponsor was self employed for the first application as well we applied in Dec 2016 and got a refusal within 2 1/2 months (within 60 working days) as they claimed we didn’t show “enough evidence” instead of appealing we decided to re-apply as we thought it would have been quicker but here we are 4 months in and still waiting... so it’s surprising that because of the self employed status it would take more time also seems very unfair as we’ve paid same fees as ones that are employed. But it’s possible you might be on to something.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Ss123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am141
That’s interesting because this is my second application, my sponsor was self employed for the first application as well we applied in Dec 2016 and got a refusal within 2 1/2 months (within 60 working days) as they claimed we didn’t show “enough evidence” instead of appealing we decided to re-apply as we thought it would have been quicker but here we are 4 months in and still waiting... so it’s surprising that because of the self employed status it would take more time also seems very unfair as we’ve paid same fees as ones that are employed. But it’s possible you might be on to something.

I dont think this can be true because self employed is registered with hmrc and home office is directly connected with them to verify their documents. If you supplied according to their guidance it can be quicker than emplyement cat
Old Oct 16th 2017, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Very quite. I really hope for a positive answer for all of us especially April and May applicants i am very tired of thinking
Old Oct 16th 2017, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

You will be living in a town where you will have more than 1 MP representing constituents under a certain post code.

Check using another area in a town who the MP is.

MP's represent people, don't let anybody dictate unnecessary rules to you.

Try speaking to another MP that is willing to listen.

Contact your MP - UK Parliament
Only one MP elected and im talking to them with no help HO didnt come back to them. however im thinking to get in touch with the MP of the opposition in my bourough. Do you think i can di this speak to two MP one from labour and one from conservative? LOL
Old Oct 16th 2017, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

KingsinOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone else noticed that the Home Office processing times website (whilst not updated from May 2017) doesn't give the Settlement visa option anymore?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.