Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jul 28th 2017, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by Ahhhhh
Application made 20th April. On day 60 I emailed and asked to the application to be escalated - I received an automatic email saying that my enquiry had been resolved. I phoned up and they guy sent an email requesting application information. Not long after replying he emailed me to confirm that he had escalated the application. I got in touch with my MP and asked that she contacted the Home Office to find out what was going on. UKVI fobbed off the MP with "this application has gone beyond our 12 week timescale, we will tell you when there is any news". I lodged a complaint with UKVI via their website - it takes them up to 20 working days to respond. Once they finally respond, I will be asking my MP to raise my complaints with the Parliamentary Ombudsman (breaking customer charter; not updating published timescales monthly, not keeping applicant informed, etc. Yesterday I checked the status link (as I have been doing hundreds of times a day) and it said that the decision was made on the 25th! Funny that this wasn't mentioned to the MP when she called the day after and that it wasn't mentioned in the email I received from UKVI in response to my request for info on the application status.
Shambic "service". I plan to seek costs incurred due to the retention of my wife's passport.
I'm so glad that this debacle is almost over.
I agree with you the service is absolute shambolic. It also went through my mind that if i get my MP involved they will try and fob him off by saying case not straightforward when it is. Nevertheless less i will use him because i am just not confident that our case will get looked at in the near future. Can you let us know if you get a result?
Old Jul 28th 2017, 1:13 pm
Down & Safe

Avon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by mattthefat
Wow...that's really bad. At least I got responses to emails so far (even if written poorly and largely canned responses).

I think you have a couple of options. First, you can call and follow up. You will pay for the privilege. However, you should ask for the reference number for the call (it will start with the date you made the call in reverse order ie YYMMDD). This will allow you to follow up on the original matter you raised in the email.

Then you can raise a complaint to request a refund of the call fee and the email fee. I'm currently going through the process to request refunds of fees for emails with wrong info and follow up phone calls. It took about three weeks to hear back from their complaints department for further info. They asked for time and date of phone calls, and what phone numbers I called from and to.

You can email their complaints department at [email protected], or if you're in one of the relevant countries use the following form:

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/out...omplaints.html

Even if you choose not to call, you can still raise a complaint to request a refund of the email fee.

Hope that helps.

Matt
Thanks Matt
Just got off the phone with them, was told "we already sent the responses," lol
Asked them to re-send & also read to me in case we didn't receive again, was given the scripted response of "we cannot comment on individual circumstances," quoted some rules that I already knew, & finished "neither Sitel UK, nor any of our staff, assess your application and are unable to influence the outcome of your visa application,"
Already felt my questions were general enough, i.e. acceptable bank account types for cash savings.
Asked them for ref# & she said to use email ref #s in further enquiries as she made notes on them. Very frustrating to say the least..... when I asked about complaint procedures she pointed me in the same direction you did.

Think that'll be my next stop.

Funnily enough, I received the emails right after the phone call
Old Jul 28th 2017, 3:27 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avon81
Thanks Matt
Just got off the phone with them, was told "we already sent the responses," lol
Asked them to re-send & also read to me in case we didn't receive again, was given the scripted response of "we cannot comment on individual circumstances," quoted some rules that I already knew, & finished "neither Sitel UK, nor any of our staff, assess your application and are unable to influence the outcome of your visa application,"
Already felt my questions were general enough, i.e. acceptable bank account types for cash savings.
Asked them for ref# & she said to use email ref #s in further enquiries as she made notes on them. Very frustrating to say the least..... when I asked about complaint procedures she pointed me in the same direction you did.

Think that'll be my next stop.

Funnily enough, I received the emails right after the phone call
Hi Avon. Just for clarity for other visa applicants following this thread - were your emails about a visa application you or your partner have submitted? If your emails were general questions about filling in an application, such as how to meet the financial requirements, I didn't think the email service dealt with those?

Either way, it's still very annoying for you to have been told that emails were sent when they clearly weren't. Just wanted to clarify what kinds of questions the email service can deal with. Cheers.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 4:45 pm
Down & Safe

Avon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi Avon. Just for clarity for other visa applicants following this thread - were your emails about a visa application you or your partner have submitted? If your emails were general questions about filling in an application, such as how to meet the financial requirements, I didn't think the email service dealt with those?

Either way, it's still very annoying for you to have been told that emails were sent when they clearly weren't. Just wanted to clarify what kinds of questions the email service can deal with. Cheers.
Hi SOS, thanks for posting.
I had emailed with clarification questions on the financial requirements for the savings route, & was wondering if anyone else had any problems with emails. Ironically, in the meantime I believe I have found the answers I needed through research, mostly on BE I'm so grateful for having access to this forum, with the ability to read about the experiences of others that are going through/have gone through the process & learn from that. Truly invaluable!
We haven't submitted our application yet, currently deciding best timing for that...........
It seems that sadly UKVI don't feel it's important to provide a high standard of service in this regard. Not sure that worrying/stressing about it would help much - time to move on.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Application made 20th April. On day 60 I emailed and asked to the application to be escalated - I received an automatic email saying that my enquiry had been resolved. I phoned up and they guy sent an email requesting application information. Not long after replying he emailed me to confirm that he had escalated the application. I got in touch with my MP and asked that she contacted the Home Office to find out what was going on. UKVI fobbed off the MP with "this application has gone beyond our 12 week timescale, we will tell you when there is any news". I lodged a complaint with UKVI via their website - it takes them up to 20 working days to respond. Once they finally respond, I will be asking my MP to raise my complaints with the Parliamentary Ombudsman (breaking customer charter; not updating published timescales monthly, not keeping applicant informed, etc. Yesterday I checked the status link (as I have been doing hundreds of times a day) and it said that the decision was made on the 25th! Funny that this wasn't mentioned to the MP when she called the day after and that it wasn't mentioned in the email I received from UKVI in response to my request for info on the application status.
Shambic "service". I plan to seek costs incurred due to the retention of my wife's passport.
I'm so glad that this debacle is almost over.

Was this spouse visa?
I have heard from someone that the maximum timeframe is 24 weeks which is like 6 months.. but alot of people here are insisting on 12 weeks timeline... one of my friend has applied too and when she tried following up on the call the executive said that there is still time left until 24 weeks.. so now she doesn't know what to do..

So well I just want to know are we suppose to consider 12 weeks or 24 weeks for our visa to come?
Old Jul 28th 2017, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Ahhhhh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
Was this spouse visa?
I have heard from someone that the maximum timeframe is 24 weeks which is like 6 months.. but alot of people here are insisting on 12 weeks timeline... one of my friend has applied too and when she tried following up on the call the executive said that there is still time left until 24 weeks.. so now she doesn't know what to do..

So well I just want to know are we suppose to consider 12 weeks or 24 weeks for our visa to come?
Our application is for a spouse visa. We appplied non-priority. The timescale published online for applications made in Shanghai (where we applied from) indicated that all applications should be complete within 60 days (12 weeks). 60 days seems to be the standard for most applications; unless UKVI contact you to tell you that your case is not straightforward.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 9:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Just a general reminder for all you poor souls counting down the days, only business/working days are counted, i.e. the 60 days doesn't include weekends or bank/public holidays.

I know that most of you are across this, just wanted to let new posters to this thread know.

Wishing every one of you a successful result, and may it be SOON!
Old Jul 29th 2017, 2:54 am
Just Joined

annc72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Scousejohn and other members applying from Bangkok.
We have (myself and my 2 daughters), applied in Bangkok on the 18th May online-priority, biometrics on the 26th May and letter from Sheffield on the 31 May.
Still havent heard anything, yesterday was 42 working days starting day after letter from Sheffield.
May i ask where did you get those times for oriority/non priority?
Our 60th day will come on augudt 23rd, so still long to go, biggest issue is kids school, we can not start here and pay for the whole semester than leave in a week (hopefully), plus rent coming to an end.
What is thai forum on Facebook, i am not Thai spouse but with my application being submited here i assume bangkok times apply to me as well.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers,
Ana
Old Jul 29th 2017, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Our application is for a spouse visa. We appplied non-priority. The timescale published online for applications made in Shanghai (where we applied from) indicated that all applications should be complete within 60 days (12 weeks). 60 days seems to be the standard for most applications; unless UKVI contact you to tell you that your case is not straightforward.
Oh okay... thnx!
Old Jul 29th 2017, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annc72
Hello Scousejohn and other members applying from Bangkok.
We have (myself and my 2 daughters), applied in Bangkok on the 18th May online-priority, biometrics on the 26th May and letter from Sheffield on the 31 May.
Still havent heard anything, yesterday was 42 working days starting day after letter from Sheffield.
May i ask where did you get those times for oriority/non priority?
Our 60th day will come on augudt 23rd, so still long to go, biggest issue is kids school, we can not start here and pay for the whole semester than leave in a week (hopefully), plus rent coming to an end.
What is thai forum on Facebook, i am not Thai spouse but with my application being submited here i assume bangkok times apply to me as well.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers,
Ana
Hi Anna, I am sure John will be along to answer. The FB group is all Thai language.

We applied 19 April, Bio at Trendy + TB tests on 25 April, Email from Sheffield received on 4 May.

Over 60 days now and I have an 'agreed' escalation to a manager (by phone), but I don't hold out much hope.

Our application is very straight forward. We have a British son together. My son and I travelled early in anticipation of mum getting the visa fairly quickly, and to get my 4yo son a place at school He has now been without mummy for over 2 months.

We easily made the Financial Requirement of £18600. We are married and have lived together for 7 years in Thailand. She is a government officer (teacher) and her English qualified CEFR B1. She has been to UK before on a family visit (xmas holidays with me to visit my family).. She has had Schengen also with me for Greek holiday.

next steps....I have no idea......yet
Old Jul 29th 2017, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Hi Anna, I am sure John will be along to answer. The FB group is all Thai language.

We applied 19 April, Bio at Trendy + TB tests on 25 April, Email from Sheffield received on 4 May.

Over 60 days now and I have an 'agreed' escalation to a manager (by phone), but I don't hold out much hope.

Our application is very straight forward. We have a British son together. My son and I travelled early in anticipation of mum getting the visa fairly quickly, and to get my 4yo son a place at school He has now been without mummy for over 2 months.

We easily made the Financial Requirement of £18600. We are married and have lived together for 7 years in Thailand. She is a government officer (teacher) and her English qualified CEFR B1. She has been to UK before on a family visit (xmas holidays with me to visit my family).. She has had Schengen also with me for Greek holiday.

next steps....I have no idea......yet

Thanks for your reply, it must be hard being with your son away from his mum:-(

So your application was not priority?
Old Jul 29th 2017, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Good luck with the escalation, i believe after 60 days they should escalate it!
Old Jul 29th 2017, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annc72
Thanks for your reply, it must be hard being with your son away from his mum:-(

So your application was not priority?
Correct, non priority, as I honestly believed the application was so straight forward and a foregone conclusion. There is absolutely nothing there that they could refuse, and extremely well documented.

Beggars belief
Old Jul 30th 2017, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

4jtam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

We just received emails for my two sons applications are not straightforward and cannot process in normal 60 days.

I am the sponsor, my husband is applying spouse settlement visa with two boys under dependent settlement visas.

Our timeline below:
Application from Hong Kong
Priority
Online application: 28 June
Bio-metrics and documents scanned at VFS: 5 July
Confirmation of receipt in Sheffield: 6 July
Email notification (not straightforward):30 July 2017
Decision made: Awaiting
Email to collect documents from VFS: Awaiting
Passport collected with approved visa: Awaiting

My concern is only email notifications for two boys just received few hours ago, but no email notification for my husband's case. Can anyone comment of the above case, anyone experienced the same?

I wonder would it be the normal process of email sent out for all dependent visa applications due to decision has to be made upon spouse visa is approved?

Hope that is the case, as it's so strange no email notification for my husband application but only two boys.

Appreciate to have your comments. Thanks.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 4jtam
Hi all,

We just received emails for my two sons applications are not straightforward and cannot process in normal 60 days.

I am the sponsor, my husband is applying spouse settlement visa with two boys under dependent settlement visas.

Our timeline below:
Application from Hong Kong
Priority
Online application: 28 June
Bio-metrics and documents scanned at VFS: 5 July
Confirmation of receipt in Sheffield: 6 July
Email notification (not straightforward):30 July 2017
Decision made: Awaiting

Email to collect documents from VFS: Awaiting
Passport collected with approved visa: Awaiting

My concern is only email notifications for two boys just received few hours ago, but no email notification for my husband's case. Can anyone comment of the above case, anyone experienced the same?

I wonder would it be the normal process of email sent out for all dependent visa applications due to decision has to be made upon spouse visa is approved?

Hope that is the case, as it's so strange no email notification for my husband application but only two boys.

Appreciate to have your comments. Thanks.
I can confirm i have got something similar. Like you i have had nothing to say that they are working on my wife case just that there is a problem and might not meet the timeline. I know my case is solid but trying to read between the lines i think that Sheffield are processing the easy cases no kids within the 60 days and those with kids pushing back another 3 months. I wouldn't worry it doesn't mean anything it just means a longer wait and more frustration. my 60 days ends 2 August and have sent a letter from my solicitor which i am giving them 10 days to answer. If no joy after the 10 days i will contact my MP and escalate the matter because they broke the service level agreement. My advise stay calm as best you can.!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.