Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 9th 2017, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

My wife has just had a call from the visa office in Bangkok. They explained that the original requested date for travel had passed so they needed a new date for travel. She gave them our new date and was informed that the application would now be processed and they would get back to us soon.

Biometrics 9th May
Non priority
108 working days today.

Will update as soon as we hear anything
Old Oct 9th 2017, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

chandni is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck everyone...its a new week. We hope for Good news!!
Old Oct 9th 2017, 7:23 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting article about family immigration here...

Number of relatives of British nationals allowed to live in UK plummets | The Independent
Old Oct 9th 2017, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Vendetta is an unknown quantity at this point

VISA GRANTED
Old Oct 9th 2017, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

chandni is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vendetta
VISA GRANTED
Woooohooooo....Congrats
Old Oct 9th 2017, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Nneky360 is an unknown quantity at this point

VISA GRANTED
Good news congrats Vendetta
Old Oct 9th 2017, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point

VISA GRANTED
Congrats happy you for you, so jealous too. I applied in July and still waiting
Old Oct 9th 2017, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Cheers Mike. Interesting stats, although they're incorrect when they mentioned that savings are not taken into account, which of course, they are.

Certainly, it's no fun watching your kids grow up on video!

I think one thing that is often missed in these reports and the governments consideration, is that the numbers are also affected by the amount of expats, who, perhaps initially didn't intend to return, but because of mass localisation of jobs, they've been cut, and have no choice. Of course, they want to bring their family with them. It's either that, or divorce, sadly.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Not sure if I posted this here. apologies if duplicate. I just want to wish you all the best of luck.

Hi everyone, sorry not been in touch. Last week was a bit sensitive and I decided to keep quiet. My MP verbally by phone (two calls to me) promised to meet and engage with the appropriate government Minister at the Conservative Party Conference. He did exactly as he promised.
Almost instantaneously my wife got a call from the Embassy in Bangkok seeking clarity on the A1 Certificate which evidently got mislaid in Sheffield. Once clarified, my wife got another call from the Embassy in Bangkok on Wednesday asking her what date she would like to travel. On Thursday decision made email received and SMS message to her phone, followed by Courier tracker by SMS for the passport now despatched. This morning the passport arrived in Northern Thailand APPROVED. Vignette in order. 116 working days.
We believe Sheffield were directed to send the whole application back to Bangkok, and it was the consular staff in the Embassy that processed it. We deduce Sheffield are totally unable to cope with the backlog of forgotten applications.
Our advice here is clear, persevere with you MP, remain calm, and non confrontational. We wish each of you the very best of luck.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hullmonkey
My wife has just had a call from the visa office in Bangkok. They explained that the original requested date for travel had passed so they needed a new date for travel. She gave them our new date and was informed that the application would now be processed and they would get back to us soon.

Biometrics 9th May
Non priority
108 working days today.

Hi.. May I ask if your wife is applying from Bangkok? Coz I've read here that other applications from different countries are being processed by UK embassy in Bangkok. Thanks
Old Oct 9th 2017, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

VISA GRANTED
Congrats. May your luck rub off on us waiting for a decision. Ü
Old Oct 9th 2017, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAsh
Hi.. May I ask if your wife is applying from Bangkok? Coz I've read here that other applications from different countries are being processed by UK embassy in Bangkok. Thanks
JAsh, Bangkok has been a UKVI hub for SEA region for a few years now. All visas have been processed here, perhaps accept the settlement ones.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAsh
Hi JAsh
Yes the application was made in Bangkok.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adi16
I got a "not straightforward" email on 4th of October. Sucks
Don't know what to do?
Sit and wait, like many others. Hopefully you hear back soon, hang in there.

Originally Posted by hullmonkey

Biometrics 9th May
Non priority
108 working days today.

Seems like it's an approval if they are asking that information from you.

VISA GRANTED
Congratulations!
Old Oct 9th 2017, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

I got my documents back from Sheffield - so looks like my case has been assigned to an ECO - Rang solicitor this morning and he told me, they came back fairly quickly he said. So atleast that's something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.