Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 8th 2017, 4:53 am
Just Joined

Amina12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Emm123
After chasing UKVI several times for a decision letter,we finally got the letter by email today .Our Application was refused because I left My husband two days after our wedding and why didn't I visit him or why didn't he make an effort to visit me..ECO noted that I was pregnant at that time and I had our child in uk .He was satisfied with everything apart from the fact we haven't any asset together,and not visited each other for more than one year .I spent 3 weeks with my hubby before our wedding and I had visited him several times prior to our wedding,we just got married so how does the ECO expect us to have assets together.OUR only asset is our child .I am definitely going for an Appeal.
Because I am a full time student ,I work as well and I could not travel in and out of Africa with heavy pregnancy .
Guys,do you think appeal is the best option for me please?
I am having same problem also. I got refused without to receive refusal letter. I called them and emailed them but looks like dealing with a wall. I can t wait a month to know reason why they refused my visa. They are really torturing people.
Which way you used to get your information from them?.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if they will hold onto your passport once a decision has been made until after they've sent your supporting documents back to you first?

We apparently had our decision made on Thursday (5th Oct) but we are yet to receive an email formally informing us. We only found out by calling UKVI on Friday. We also received an email on Friday requesting for us to send in a prepaid envelope for them to return our supporting documents, but no mention of a decision being made. I'm not sure if they are waiting for the prepaid envelope to send our supporting documents back to us before they'll release my passport back to me?

Would be great to hear if anyone has had a similar experience?
Old Oct 8th 2017, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by b813
Does anyone know if they will hold onto your passport once a decision has been made until after they've sent your supporting documents back to you first?

We apparently had our decision made on Thursday (5th Oct) but we are yet to receive an email formally informing us. We only found out by calling UKVI on Friday. We also received an email on Friday requesting for us to send in a prepaid envelope for them to return our supporting documents, but no mention of a decision being made. I'm not sure if they are waiting for the prepaid envelope to send our supporting documents back to us before they'll release my passport back to me?

Would be great to hear if anyone has had a similar experience?
Same with me,had a decision on the 2nd of oct and went to vfs hong kong but was told they don't have my passport yet. Sent an email again and was informed it will take within 10 working days for me to get my passport back

Last edited by diane1982; Oct 8th 2017 at 8:39 am. Reason: typo error
Old Oct 8th 2017, 10:56 am
Just Joined

andsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied Bangkok: non priority.
Date of biometrics: 7 july
Call received 5th october asking when she was ready to fly.
Decision made: 5th october (64 business days)
Passport recieved: 7th October
Visa granted.
Will have my wife and 2 children all together next Friday after what feels like an eternity. Absolutely over the moon.
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences on this difficult process,alot of posts helped keep me going. congratulations to all who have received and good luck to all still waiting. Patience is a virtue.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sydvir
Hi
My friends applied on April 3rd and 8th got their visa on 3rd of October.
One of them got that email .

Did they apply from India?
Old Oct 8th 2017, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andsa
Applied Bangkok: non priority.
Date of biometrics: 7 july
Call received 5th october asking when she was ready to fly.
Decision made: 5th october (64 business days)
Passport recieved: 7th October
Visa granted.
Will have my wife and 2 children all together next Friday after what feels like an eternity. Absolutely over the moon.
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences on this difficult process,alot of posts helped keep me going. congratulations to all who have received and good luck to all still waiting. Patience is a virtue.
Congratulations. Enjoy the reunion.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point

Its been 2 weeks since we received 31st October email. Any other country applicants who have received decisions apart from Bangkok?
Old Oct 8th 2017, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Benjamin Kwartengsnr is an unknown quantity at this point

is there anyone here who applied in Ghana
Old Oct 8th 2017, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKInd
Its been 2 weeks since we received 31st October email. Any other country applicants who have received decisions apart from Bangkok?
I think there's one each from Philippines and Hongkong, but I could be mistaken.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by higharcticsikkaasi
Shot in the dark question for those regulars on here: Does there appear to be, generally speaking of course, shorter processing times for those from certain countries?

I'm applying from Canada and debating whether to pay priority of not. Any observations/advice would be welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Best to find out from the visa centre you are applying from and highlight to them that you are already aware of the delays. Now my advise to you is if you are positive that your case is very straightforward and doesnt need referral then dont do priority bcoz it will be 60 business days anyway. However if your case is not straightforward especially if you ate self emlpoyed or you had a refusal before, then dont do priority they will only take your money and expect 6 months or more.

My case is very straightforward but they asked for a divorce certifocate which i provided withon the timescale and now starting 24th weeks. Just for a document that is not requested because we provided marriage certificate in France which never agree to it if it is not valid marriage.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

higharcticsikkaasi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MA17
Best to find out from the visa centre you are applying from and highlight to them that you are already aware of the delays. Now my advise to you is if you are positive that your case is very straightforward and doesnt need referral then dont do priority bcoz it will be 60 business days anyway. However if your case is not straightforward especially if you ate self emlpoyed or you had a refusal before, then dont do priority they will only take your money and expect 6 months or more.

My case is very straightforward but they asked for a divorce certifocate which i provided withon the timescale and now starting 24th weeks. Just for a document that is not requested because we provided marriage certificate in France which never agree to it if it is not valid marriage.
That's a good idea at the biometrics appointment; asking about potential delays. I'd hope ours was fairly straightforward, though you never know I guess.

Good luck with the rest of your application.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

haldane86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by higharcticsikkaasi
That's a good idea at the biometrics appointment; asking about potential delays. I'd hope ours was fairly straightforward, though you never know I guess.

Good luck with the rest of your application.
I applied from Canada and my application was processed before the 60 working day mark with non priority.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Thea1526 is an unknown quantity at this point

FINALLY IN UK NOW. MY ENQUIRY WILL BE FOR MY DAUGHTER BACK HOME. WHAT APPENDIX WOULD I NEED TO FILL UP? WHAT FINANCIAL FORM.
THANK IN ADVANCE.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAsh
I think there's one each from Philippines and Hongkong, but I could be mistaken.
From Vietnam here, got visa issued by Bangkok.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

Canuck001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow I am sorry you had to miss those things! I know exactly what you mean though. I am a teacher who has secured several positions over the past year and a half (I have 2 years experience in London schools already ... that's how I met my husband) and am having to tell headteachers over and over " so sorry that I'm making you wait but it's out of my control". The kicker is that there is a massive shortage of teachers right now... my poor class has probably had a slew of supply teachers already this year! Hoping for the best for you!

They just don't give a hoot I guess lol. Best of luck to you as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.