Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 7th 2017, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Paulakh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by rvg1212
Following my last post, those who are still awaiting decision and received “31st October” email - please mention ur Application Date; Place; and whether or not U have received any further updates. Appreciate ur time. Thanks
hi our app from chandigarh india 9th march , case not staright forward and got 31 October email . Nothing since
Old Oct 7th 2017, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

fuzz007 is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know the potential timing for settlement applications made this month?. from pakistan. I submitted supporting documents last week( priority) - i get the feeling it will take ages( after reading some posts on this forum).
Old Oct 7th 2017, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Amina12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for a fiancee visa With priorty service on 4th aug but on this 5 th oct I collectrd passport from VFS and visa was refused and the funny thing is no refusal letter. I called contact center of ukvi they said it must be sent by email but I got nothing. Can anyone tell me once visa is refused after how long they send decision letter. It s hurting me badly to get refused visa without to know reason
Old Oct 7th 2017, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAsh
Why?
Want to see a trend on how many received the 31st Oct email, and still waiting for decision, & what place and when the application was made.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amina12
I applied for a fiancee visa With priorty service on 4th aug but on this 5 th oct I collectrd passport from VFS and visa was refused and the funny thing is no refusal letter. I called contact center of ukvi they said it must be sent by email but I got nothing. Can anyone tell me once visa is refused after how long they send decision letter. It s hurting me badly to get refused visa without to know reason
I'm not sure why your fiancee application has no refusal letter that comes with it, when I applied for my first family visit visa and got refused, there was a letter tucked inside my passport explaining why I got refused which was totally rubbish. My husband complained, argued and wrote to the HO Secretary (Theresa May at that time) and the UK embassy in Manila pointing out why those reasons for refusal were totally incorrect.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Want to see a trend on how many received the 31st Oct email, and still waiting for decision, & what place and when the application was made.
Sent online application 1st June when I was still in the UK as tourist.

Biometrics in Manila, Philippines 22nd June

Received the 31st October email on 25th September.

Have not heard anything from either HO or UK embassy in Manila. I've actually given up hope that I'll ever get this visa.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bedbandit
my wife was contacted on Thursday morning buy VFS in Bangkok .
they asked her when she planned to travel ..
which was a strange question because we too had the 31th October email
and we had not been told weather a decision had been made .
on Friday we got the message that a decision had been made passport was being posted out ...

so reading between lines im presuming she has been successful...but not im getting my hopes up to much.

applied may 5th
so 109 days
Fingers crossed it's an approved visa.

Originally Posted by haldane86
So after a very long day of waiting for the courier to arrive with my passport and documents it finally happened.... I spent a further hour just gawking at the envelope too scared to open it for fear of rejection. Well finally opened it and Approved Approved Approved 😀 I'm so happy. Wishing everybody the best with speedy approvals x will keep following you all for updates
Congratulations, not sure how you waited a further hour and then opened the envelope!

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
Applied in march still waiting from India... worst service... I believe Indians are particularly on hold...
Not necessarily, there are many people like yourselves that have been waiting since around that time, people from Pakistan/Bangladesh for example.

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Hi everyone, sorry not been in touch. Last week was a bit sensitive and I decided to keep quiet. My MP verbally by phone (two calls to me) promised to meet and engage with the appropriate government Minister at the Conservative Party Conference. He did exactly as he promised.

Almost instantaneously my wife got a call from the Embassy in Bangkok seeking clarity on the A1 Certificate which evidently got mislaid in Sheffield. Once clarified, my wife got another call from the Embassy in Bangkok on Wednesday asking her what date she would like to travel. On Thursday decision made email received and SMS message to her phone, followed by Courier tracker by SMS for the passport now despatched. This morning the passport arrived in Northern Thailand APPROVED. Vignette in order. 116 working days.

We believe Sheffield were directed to send the whole application back to Bangkok, and it was the consular staff in the Embassy that processed it. We deduce Sheffield are totally unable to cope with the backlog of forgotten applications.

Our advice here is clear, persevere with you MP, remain calm, and non confrontational. We wish each of you the very best of luck.
Congratulations!

Originally Posted by fuzz007
does anyone know the potential timing for settlement applications made this month?. from pakistan. I submitted supporting documents last week( priority) - i get the feeling it will take ages( after reading some posts on this forum).
Not sure the timings for this month, but whatever it is, it sure will be around the 60-90 days mark. Prepare for a long wait.

Originally Posted by Amina12
You should normally get a refusal letter with the passport, i'd chase this up and make sure they send you this information via email/letter.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

We've joined the seemingly dwindling band of 90+ day people, as we are now at 94 days. Hopefully none of us are going to be here much longer. It's irritating to see many non-priority cases being processed in 60 days or less now.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Faisal93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAsh
Sent online application 1st June when I was still in the UK as tourist.

Biometrics in Manila, Philippines 22nd June

Received the 31st October email on 25th September.

Have not heard anything from either HO or UK embassy in Manila. I've actually given up hope that I'll ever get this visa.

Applied May 2 - non priority - Pakistan

Received- 31st October on 25th September

Not had any updates since
Old Oct 7th 2017, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

NativeTexan is an unknown quantity at this point

I paid for Priority Processing and I have now been waiting for 92 work days. My case has been "escalated" multiple times, and I received the Oct 31 email.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

higharcticsikkaasi is an unknown quantity at this point

Shot in the dark question for those regulars on here: Does there appear to be, generally speaking of course, shorter processing times for those from certain countries?

I'm applying from Canada and debating whether to pay priority of not. Any observations/advice would be welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Following my last post, those who are still awaiting decision and received “31st October” email - please mention ur Application Date; Place; and whether or not U have received any further updates. Appreciate ur time. Thanks
Application date: 19th April 2017.
Place: The Gambia, non priority.
Received 31st October email, escalated for the 2nd time & no further updates besides the " your case has been escalated to the relevant department on (29th September 2017)" email. no decision still.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point

Application date June 14th Canada
Received “Escalated to relevant department” email on sept 25th same day as oct 31st email no updates since
Old Oct 8th 2017, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Mrsd11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Application Date: 14 April
Biometrics Date : 20 April
Place : Philippines, Manila
Received not straightforward and on hold application : 14 July
Contacted HO for escalation & MP for help
Received 31 Oct email.
No news, still waiting........
120 days tomorrow 09 Oct.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 4:48 am
Just Joined

Amina12 is an unknown quantity at this point

You should normally get a refusal letter with the passport, i'd chase this up and make sure they send you this information via email/letter.[/QUOTE]

I saw someone else here on this threas had same problem as me and she got refusal letter one month later after she kept chasing them up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.