Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jul 21st 2017, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

SamBen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Hi LizaB

Thanks for your message your message is the only response I had since all of this start we planned to go on holiday but we can`t as they holding my wife passport we pay for service that don`t exist , the reference i was given still not recognisable
Do you think calling them will help ? or can you suggest anything ..
Regards
Old Jul 21st 2017, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

it seems we have not seen any one receiving their visa this week - wondering if Sheffield totally closed the office for vacation ?
Old Jul 21st 2017, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

LizaB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SamBen
Hi LizaB

Thanks for your message your message is the only response I had since all of this start we planned to go on holiday but we can`t as they holding my wife passport we pay for service that don`t exist , the reference i was given still not recognisable
Do you think calling them will help ? or can you suggest anything ..
Regards
Hi SamBen

I can totally relate to your circumstances. Thr only advice my solicitor said was that if they dont make a decision by the time they said then we can take action.

I have a holiday paid and booked a year ago. Leave the 8th Aug. I got my solicitor to write a letter mentioning my concerns and how this would affect my children (british). I have rang twice. Yesterday they said they would esculate it and should hear from someone within 3-5 working days.

I explained i do not want to withdraw my application to get my passport back. You can try the number I posted, but i also rang on the 5th July and still nothing. The calls are expensive.

The number I put in for status checker begins with 022..... Case ID. Mine still says awaiting a decision. Drop off the 0

htpps://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus

However my IHS number doesnt work. 🤥

Any other info I get i will let you know and keep you updated. Have you tried your local MP?

Last edited by LizaB; Jul 21st 2017 at 1:03 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by london_2005
it seems we have not seen any one receiving their visa this week - wondering if Sheffield totally closed the office for vacation ?
My wife told me just now 2 girls she knows have received their visa , one today and one on tuesday.

Both have taken the full 3 months ,
The one who received on tuesday applied on the 19th April and the one received today had applied on the 24th April.

Both applied non-priorty in bangkok , processed in sheffield.

And like everyone else the reference number only worked on the day they received the email notice to collect passport.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
My wife told me just now 2 girls she knows have received their visa , one today and one on tuesday.

Both have taken the full 3 months ,
The one who received on tuesday applied on the 19th April and the one received today had applied on the 24th April.

Both applied non-priorty in bangkok , processed in sheffield.

And like everyone else the reference number only worked on the day they received the email notice to collect passport.
Thanks for the info John. So it looks like slightly over 60 days then using these 2 cases as an example. Very frustrating but I fell sorry for the poor sods who haven't thought of using these forums for information. The GOV.UK website should be posting information informing people that they can expect to wait for this length of time instead of leaving outdated crap regarding their performance of previous months.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hullmonkey
Thanks for the info John. So it looks like slightly over 60 days then using these 2 cases as an example. Very frustrating but I fell sorry for the poor sods who haven't thought of using these forums for information. The GOV.UK website should be posting information informing people that they can expect to wait for this length of time instead of leaving outdated crap regarding their performance of previous months.
PS; Does your wife know what the gap was from receiving the email from Sheffield to being notified by the centre in BKK that the passport was ready to pick up.

I have read several cases on here of people having received the mail informing of a decision but then having to wait to receive their passport to find out what the decision actually was.

Thanks again
Old Jul 21st 2017, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hullmonkey
PS; Does your wife know what the gap was from receiving the email from Sheffield to being notified by the centre in BKK that the passport was ready to pick up.

I have read several cases on here of people having received the mail informing of a decision but then having to wait to receive their passport to find out what the decision actually was.

Thanks again
Im not sure but as i understand it there is no email from sheffield once the decission has been made!
Only a sms and/or email from the ukvi center with notification to collect passport on a certain day.

Both girls actually collected their passports on the same day that they received the notice from the ukvi center in bangkok.

I recon once sheffield has informed the ukvi that the application has been succesful then they can have the visa inserted into the passport very quickly, certainly seems this way for Bangkok at least

Last edited by Scousejohn; Jul 21st 2017 at 4:33 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
Im not sure but as i understand it there is no email from sheffield once the decission has been made!
Only a sms and/or email from the ukvi center with notification to collect passport on a certain day.

Both girls actually collected their passports on the same day that they received the notice from the ukvi center in bangkok.

I recon once sheffield has informed the ukvi that the application has been succesful then they can have the visa inserted into the passport very quickly, certainly seems this way for Bangkok at least
Thanks for the reply John. We applied in BKK so this info is very useful.

Cheers
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

Clive157 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

My partner and I lodged our same sex fiance visa application in Bangkok on 4th May and paid huge priority fee - seemingly more than the UK £400. Had confirmation of docs receipt from Sheffield shortly after. Heard nothing after 15 days and after getting no where via email except for email confirming priority staus I called at £20 cost in early June to be told it would be escalated but was sent no form for this or even told a form was available. It's now nearly 60 days and we have not heard a word. Can anyone advise how best to contact them regarding an escalation form? I understood we had to be given a response within 60 days. Is this still the case - I really don't know what to expect. Very frustrating and stressful for us all no doubt! Best of luck to everyone. Thanks
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RichInna
I sent an email quoting SLAs were not met and that website quoted 70% of applications were being processed within those times at the time of application, also stated that they were advertising on TLScontact site 10-15days for priority and misleading clients. Also mentioned that they are not letting customers know that they are having delays in Sheffield and being honest about what is happening.

Stern but seems to have done something.

Not sure this was the best approach but I had to try.
Hi there - who did you send the email to please? Thanks
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Colesy898 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clive157
Hi there - who did you send the email to please? Thanks
It was on RichInna's post above https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much - found it! Good luck!
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

https://ibb.co/irkFC5

https://ibb.co/hFOVek

This info was sent to me today about Thai timelines for priority and non proirity.

Last edited by Scousejohn; Jul 23rd 2017 at 6:24 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 11:36 am
Just Joined

PaulandJoy is an unknown quantity at this point

This info was sent to me today about Thai timelines for priority and non proirity.[/QUOTE]

Great info, thanks
Shows there's little or no difference priority/non-priority concerning Bangkok at least.
Myself was biometrics at Bangkok 8th May, non-priority, desperately hoping to get some news very soon.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Bangkok folk.

Hi, I got exactly the same feedback from my wife who is clearly on the same forum as Scousejohn.

Day 60 for us is this coming Thursday, counting sheffield receipt email as day one.

Pray for her....please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.