Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 2nd 2017, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
Hi a big congrats to u .. I have applied in March and still waiting.. also have got that 31 Oct email..

I wanted to know that do you think we should have a word with our MP again and try and push him? I wonder if he would aswell advice to wait until 31 Oct..
Hi sorry to interfere but i ve just spoke to my MP been told me that they raised my case again on Thursday last week and been advised that they are working on it and cant provide any timeframe for completion. So basically nothing new 😐 biometric 26th April no straightforward 20th July. 31st October email on 25th Sept.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

haldane86 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied from Edmonton with biometrics being done on July 17th so just a little ways behind you. I have not heard a peep since the email confirmation that my application was received in Sheffield on July 20th. October will be my 60 working day milestone.

Originally Posted by Pminette
Hi all,

Applied from Toronto Canada.

Biometrics: July 6th
Receipt email: July 8th(though it said received in New York...?)
Email on day 53 saying not straight forward.
Day 60 passed on September 28th.

I sympathize with everyone here. How hard it is to put your whole
life on hold with no way of guessing or planning when you will be able to make your next move! I am finding comfort(some sometimes panic!) with everyone's posts. Would love to hear if there are any others from Canada with a similar timeline to mine? Thank you everyone!
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyede
Your the first to know. Biometrics 10/5/17, non priority. Just found out this morning and opened the parcel on Skype in front of my wife and daughter who read read out the notification that our visa has been granted. Thank god it is all over. I will be posting my timeline soon and a few more posts before i wrap things up on here
Congratulations Gary - Brilliant news. All the best

Originally Posted by garyede
And just to let everyone know that even the we have our visa the online tracker says number
not recognised. The amount of times i have tried it sometimes twice a day!
I don't think that tracker will ever work

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Visa granted for both of us, me and my son. We will have to rebook the flight though as the visa will not be valid until 5 October. Officially over the moon.

Guys don't lose faith. They are working on this group and I am sure you will hear good news soon.
Congratulations Rosy - so happy for you. Have a safe journey.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Fingers crossed those that have waited 90 days or more hear back this week and those that are approaching the 90 day mark too!
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Congratulations Gary - Brilliant news. All the best

I don't think that tracker will ever work

Congratulations Rosy - so happy for you. Have a safe journey.
Thanks j4v3d. We will be flying this Wednesday night, arriving Thursday morning and I will need to start my job the following Monday.

That tracker never works for me either. But the visa4uk, people keeps saying that it means nothing but the status changed from Complete to In active just a day before the decision was made. I believe you are one of those who have been waiting longest here. How about your online application status? Is it now Complete or In active? Perhaps for me it was just a coincidence.

There are more and more of us receiving positive decisions, let's hope it's just the beginning for many more to follow, soon.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks j4v3d. We will be flying this Wednesday night, arriving Thursday morning and I will need to start my job the following Monday.

That tracker never works for me either. But the visa4uk, people keeps saying that it means nothing but the status changed from Complete to In active just a day before the decision was made. I believe you are one of those who have been waiting longest here. How about your online application status? Is it now Complete or In active? Perhaps for me it was just a coincidence.

There are more and more of us receiving positive decisions, let's hope it's just the beginning for many more to follow, soon.
I'm just recent, been 18 business days but like 20+ days since the biometrics date. Pakistan application. So i've got a long way to go. Whenever i put the GWF reference number in, keeps saying not recognised. Will probably continually be checking that tracker when i approach the 50+ business day mark. Not hoping to hear back from Sheffield till the 60 day mark.

Have a safe journey, just enjoy it now, you'll have a couple of days to settle down here before getting to work. Have fun and enjoy the positive experience now. Wrap up though, it's abit chilly here at the moment & wet.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Paulakh is an unknown quantity at this point

HI our gone to in active from complete in June 3rd and still waiting for decision , we got case not straight forward same day when changed complete to in active
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paulakh
HI our gone to in active from complete in June 3rd and still waiting for decision , we got case not straight forward same day when changed complete to in active
So it's been 4 months since then. Long time to wait. How long have you been waiting overall?
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Paulakh is an unknown quantity at this point

So it's been 4 months since then. Long time to wait. How long have you been waiting overall?
will be 7 months on 9th October
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
Hi a big congrats to u .. I have applied in March and still waiting.. also have got that 31 Oct email..

I wanted to know that do you think we should have a word with our MP again and try and push him? I wonder if he would aswell advice to wait until 31 Oct..

I’m waiting since December. Tried pushing MP as well. But no luck.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

It’s over 9 months in my case.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rvg1212
It’s over 9 months in my case.
Hope you both hear back this month!
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bola A
Hi all, I applied for a settlement visa since Feb’17 and still waiting to get a decision made and my passports returned. My timeline is stated below:
Biometric and documents scanned: 12 Feb 2017
Confirmation email of documents receipt in Sheffield: 14 Feb 2017
Non-straight forward email: 9 May 2017
Email asking for more documents (including sponsor’s P6M salary, which was included in initial documents sent): 9 May 2017
Response to enquiry email stating still within the timeline (even though P12W): 29 May 2017
Call to contact center made: 12 Jun 2017
Response from UKVI enquiry service, asking for application details for escalation: 23 Aug 2017
UKVI enquiry service email asking my registered email address to have application escalated: 6 Sep 2017
UKVI enquiry service email asking 15 days for investigation to occur: 7 Sep 2017
Sheffield Decision center email stating application still under consideration: 16 Sep 2017
Sheffield Decision center email on decision to be made before Oct 31st: 25 Sep 2017

That was my last communication I have received. Anyone else received further communication after the “31st Oct” email? This process has been most frustrating

No further communication in my case as well after 31st October email. I applied on 30th Dec. Who knows better than me how frustrating this process is!
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hope you both hear back this month!
Hopefully!🤞🏻
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MA17
Hi sorry to interfere but i ve just spoke to my MP been told me that they raised my case again on Thursday last week and been advised that they are working on it and cant provide any timeframe for completion. So basically nothing new 😐 biometric 26th April no straightforward 20th July. 31st October email on 25th Sept.
Okay so we have to wait dat means. I am not sure but is there any sich thing that of the MP has written to them we should wait atleast 15 days for the next follow up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.