Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Vendetta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

37 working days today, priority.

Wife is now 32 weeks pregnant, do you think we will get it in time.

2 weeks left ....
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vendetta

2 weeks left ....
My advice write a letter to you MP about it, expressing them to attend to it as a priority
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by garyede
My advice write a letter to you MP about it, expressing them to attend to it as a priority
Thanks Gary, congratz btw.

I have already done this, they didn't really give my MP much info just that its still awaiting decision.

Apparently, it is been escalated also. Tracking is still showing not recognized, how are people being informed about decision seems like you have to call to know if a decision has been made. We paid for a courier from VFS so the passport is delivered.

We are both 25 and having our first baby, don't want to be apart so I am going to have to go over there.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Nneky360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Visa granted for both of us, me and my son. We will have to rebook the flight though as the visa will not be valid until 5 October. Officially over the moon.

Guys don't lose faith. They are working on this group and I am sure you will hear good news soon.
Congratulations Rosy so happy for u guys
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

I have already done this, they didn't really give my MP much info just that its still awaiting decision.

Apparently, it is been escalated also. Tracking is still showing not recognized, how are people being informed about decision seems like you have to call to know if a decision has been made. We paid for a courier from VFS so the passport is delivered.

We are both 25 and having our first baby, don't want to be apart so I am going to have to go over there.
You need to be more firm with your MP. Tell him to ask to speak to a senior manager and tell him you do not want anymore generic responses. Its a fine line but it worked for me. Remember you first nobody else cares!
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Vendetta;12351530]37 working days today, priority.

2 weeks left ....[/QUOTE
28 weeks pregnant and 44 working days and I am still waiting
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:15 am
Just Joined

You need to be more firm with your MP. Tell him to ask to speak to a senior manager and tell him you do not want anymore generic responses. Its a fine line but it worked for me. Remember you first nobody else cares!
Okay thanks, yeah I'm too nice I get worried if your firm they will just screw you more.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got a not straight forward email? If not, maybe you could add in your letter the fact that HO has already violated their stipulated 15 days processing for priority applications. Wish you all the best
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shielacity

2 weeks left ....[/QUOTE
Oh really, I think you will be fine. How long if your flight?

We are going to use Thai airways, they say up until the end of the 34th week for long haul and up to 4-hour flight up till the end of the 36th week. Maybe my wife could have 3 flights? Will not be good though I want it stress free, we are worried about the flight in general.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 2nd 2017 at 11:14 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAsh
Have you got a not straight forward email? If not, maybe you could add in your letter the fact that HO has already violated their stipulated 15 days processing for priority applications. Wish you all the best
We have received no email for straight forward or 31st of October email.

Just it's been escalated etc.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shielacity

2 weeks left ....
Oh Remember you must get doctors note also.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 2nd 2017 at 11:13 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh really, I think you will be fine. How long if your flight?

We are going to use Thai airways, they say up until the end of the 34th week for long haul and up to 4-hour flight up till the end of the 36th week. Maybe my wife could have 3 flights? Will not be good though I want it stress free, we are worried about the flight in general.
Get her a business class ticket so that she could relax comfortably. I have flight this October 9 Turkish Airlines but I guess we will rebook or ask for refund. I have a friend she flew 33weeks pregnant. Yes don’t forget a doctors fit to fly permit . That’s very important. Hope we could hear our decision this month.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 2nd 2017 at 11:13 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Bola A is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I applied for a settlement visa since Feb’17 and still waiting to get a decision made and my passports returned. My timeline is stated below:
Biometric and documents scanned: 12 Feb 2017
Confirmation email of documents receipt in Sheffield: 14 Feb 2017
Non-straight forward email: 9 May 2017
Email asking for more documents (including sponsor’s P6M salary, which was included in initial documents sent): 9 May 2017
Response to enquiry email stating still within the timeline (even though P12W): 29 May 2017
Call to contact center made: 12 Jun 2017
Response from UKVI enquiry service, asking for application details for escalation: 23 Aug 2017
UKVI enquiry service email asking my registered email address to have application escalated: 6 Sep 2017
UKVI enquiry service email asking 15 days for investigation to occur: 7 Sep 2017
Sheffield Decision center email stating application still under consideration: 16 Sep 2017
Sheffield Decision center email on decision to be made before Oct 31st: 25 Sep 2017

That was my last communication I have received. Anyone else received further communication after the “31st Oct” email? This process has been most frustrating
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pminette
Hi all,

Applied from Toronto Canada.

Biometrics: July 6th
Receipt email: July 8th(though it said received in New York...?)
Email on day 53 saying not straight forward.
Day 60 passed on September 28th.

I sympathize with everyone here. How hard it is to put your whole
life on hold with no way of guessing or planning when you will be able to make your next move! I am finding comfort(some sometimes panic!) with everyone's posts. Would love to hear if there are any others from Canada with a similar timeline to mine? Thank you everyone!
Applied from Canada on June 14th still waiting.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi a big congrats to u .. I have applied in March and still waiting.. also have got that 31 Oct email..

I wanted to know that do you think we should have a word with our MP again and try and push him? I wonder if he would aswell advice to wait until 31 Oct..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.