Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 29th 2017, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by PinkDia
It means nothing except they are stalling you. Best bet is to contact MP .
5 months now and I'm still waiting. I'm still escalating everyb15 days though just in case
Yes I know we do all we can to at least comfort ourselves. But it's true this system really does make our lives the worst hell possible.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Walker87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAsh
My status at visa4uk has changed too from complete to In Active.... didn't you notice yours change too before getting sms from VFS?
My one nearly 3 months before changing like complete to in active but I am still waiting.... I thinks when we are crossing over 3 months it will be changed self
Old Sep 29th 2017, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunbb
Hello everyone , im so stressed � ���� what does escalated mean? Everything seems very annoying and irritating now.
Hi Sunbb...

Escalated probably means it's being flagged as need immediate attention and it goes up the queue, but it seems to me like they have to pull out your application out of the queue everytime they received a complaint or inquiry just to have a look at your application which probably adds up to more waiting times. HO knows that alot of people are not happy with the way things are going but it won't be great for you too if you got sick being stressed and worried. I'm just saying. We are all on the same boat anxiously waiting for a decision. Lets have more faith and patience. Seems like they are keeping their words about giving the Oct 31st decision.
As of know just pile up all your complaints and make it systematic and logical, personal but not too emotional as I think the HO can defend themselves quite well if people complain and attack them at an emotional and personal level, just like what happened to that court case against the high financial requirement they impose.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

andsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Just called the helpline regarding my wifes visa application as it's our 60th business day. Was told that we are at the final stages of processing by an entry clearance officer. As much as I'd like to get carried away with that has anyone else been told this then waited an age, basically fobbed off??
Old Sep 29th 2017, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

poliphilus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andsa
Just called the helpline regarding my wifes visa application as it's our 60th business day. Was told that we are at the final stages of processing by an entry clearance officer. As much as I'd like to get carried away with that has anyone else been told this then waited an age, basically fobbed off??
The helpline is a meaningless, outsourced pacifier which allows the Home Office to pretend they're responsive to the concerns of applicants.

I've been in the 'last stages' with the 'bulk of the consideration' done since late July. Working day 109.

My fiancée has a face-to-face with her MP at his surgeries in about an hour. Hoping and praying that will lead somewhere.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 4:08 pm
Banned

Sunbb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sunbb...

Escalated probably means it's being flagged as need immediate attention and it goes up the queue, but it seems to me like they have to pull out your application out of the queue everytime they received a complaint or inquiry just to have a look at your application which probably adds up to more waiting times. HO knows that alot of people are not happy with the way things are going but it won't be great for you too if you got sick being stressed and worried. I'm just saying. We are all on the same boat anxiously waiting for a decision. Lets have more faith and patience. Seems like they are keeping their words about giving the Oct 31st decision.
As of know just pile up all your complaints and make it systematic and logical, personal but not too emotional as I think the HO can defend themselves quite well if people complain and attack them at an emotional and personal level, just like what happened to that court case against the high financial requirement they impose.
But i did not get that email which says 31st something. I got something else = we are yet to receive your sponsor documentation, send within 10 days.

After i made inquiries with VFS and homeoffice the final email was escalated. Btw vfs confirmed that my docs are still in sheffield therefore i got angry and panicked because why the **** they sent me that email. Vfs said that its a reminder email actually to those who might have not sent their full docs.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunbb
But i did not get that email which says 31st something. I got something else = we are yet to receive your sponsor documentation, send within 10 days.

After i made inquiries with VFS and homeoffice the final email was escalated. Btw vfs confirmed that my docs are still in sheffield therefore i got angry and panicked because why the **** they sent me that email. Vfs said that its a reminder email actually to those who might have not sent their full docs.
Thats the keyword there.. who might not have sent their full docs.. you've sent yours more than once and you've been told that it's there and stuff. Seems like they just don't want to admit that they messed up in sending you that email since it's an auto generated bs.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Thank you all. My birthday is coming soon so we are very happy. Even more than happy to pay for returning the flight tickets my husband bought to be with me on my birthday.

VFS said my documents will be ready to collect on Monday afternoon. Just heard that we have the visas but I won't celebrate until Monday though.
Congrats.. advance happy birthday dear. 👍🏻 Pray I get visa soon as well. My husbans’s bday is 8th Oct. I completed 40 weeks wait now.. 😢
Old Sep 29th 2017, 5:58 pm
Banned

Sunbb is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are you defending them? Lol @Christmasoop
Old Sep 29th 2017, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Dr038293 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shirlspuipui
Lady at call centre said to me once decision is made and if you don't get it within 10 days then ring them up again
I will be calling on Monday after I finish work, wonder what the outcome will be.

The thing that winds me up is that I live literally a 15-20 minute drive from Sheffield city centre and we've to wait for them to go to Madrid and then on to Gran Canaria before we know anything. I'm so tempted to be that cheeky so and so that suggests I go collect thr parcel myself and save them the hassle of postage (one can dream eh)
Old Sep 30th 2017, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Date of Biometrics; 9th May 2017

Location of Biometrics; Bangkok

Date of email receipt from Sheffield; 10th May

Location Constituency of your sponsors Member of Parliament; Hull North, Diana Johnson.

Escalated around day 65

No Not straightforward email.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sunbb...

JAsh
Your application is escalated when you call or email Sheffield and you have been waiting in excess of 60 day (non priority)

See below for email from the bar stewards;

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail dated 06/08/2017.

In regards to your application it has now been escalated to the relevant department.

Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisors can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisors, which means they must meet certain standards.

Regards,
Arun
UK Visas and Immigration
Old Sep 30th 2017, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

A decision has been made guys 🙂
Hi Rosy I am pleased you received a decision. Fingers crossed for you. Have you asked for your passport to be couried to your address. Did you pay for the service? Have you received your supporting docs back yet and if so did you receive everything in tact or did they take out your Skype docs out etc? And finally i understand you paid the IHS fee. Was that for your child?
Old Sep 30th 2017, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garyede
Hi Rosy I am pleased you received a decision. Fingers crossed for you. Have you asked for your passport to be couried to your address. Did you pay for the service? Have you received your supporting docs back yet and if so did you receive everything in tact or did they take out your Skype docs out etc? And finally i understand you paid the IHS fee. Was that for your child?
Hi Gary, thank you.

I knew that I could not stand waiting for the passports to come by courier and to be fair, VFS office is just 15 mins driving so I will come and collect the passports myself on Monday.

Our documents were scanned by the VFS on the same day of biometrics and I came to collect the documents the next day after receiving a text/call from them that they had done the scanning. So basically, our physical documents have been in Hanoi all the time, not in Sheffield at all.

Regarding the IHS fee, the request for payment on the 60th (31 August) day was for my son due to a glitch, it was 0 when we applied.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Hi Gary, thank you.

I knew that I could not stand waiting for the passports to come by courier and to be fair, VFS office is just 15 mins driving so I will come and collect the passports myself on Monday.

Our documents were scanned by the VFS on the same day of biometrics and I came to collect the documents the next day after receiving a text/call from them that they had done the scanning. So basically, our physical documents have been in Hanoi all the time, not in Sheffield at all.

Regarding the IHS fee, the request for payment on the 60th (31 August) day was for my son due to a glitch, it was 0 when we applied.
One more thing, never received a decision made email from UKVI (so far)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.