Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 27th 2017, 7:41 pm
Banned

Sunbb is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Hello everyone, im new to this forum.
Sorry to hop in to this thread. I am sun from Tokyo Japan. Biometric 27th July priority. Docs received at Sheffield on 31st july using DHL service provided by VFS itself.
Fast forward to the point' i also received the exact email like other members did "We are in receipt of your UK Visa Application however we are yet to receive your UK sponsor supporting documentation. Without these documents we are unable to make a full consideration of your application. Can you please ensure that your UK sponsor submits the documentation to the below address within 10 working days of this email."
This triggered my brain and blast off with panic mode. I emailed thrice to home office Sheffield (5.48£ x 3 ) and my husband in London called the office inquiring why was this email sent while we have a proof of the documents being delivered. Sheffield staff was clueless but said she will email the manager who deals applications and with the emails which i had sent yesterday and today, i got two replies ' saying our case has been escalated and is at decision making centre.'

I had even made a complaint against VFS because it was their service i used in which i got a call this morning where the staff said that this email is actually auto generated and is for those actually as a reminder if incase they have not sent all documents. I said if thats the case why send this to me at this very late . I have been waiting for long on top that its a priority application. He apologized and said all your documents are still there I assure you it is delivered there and you know it too from the tracking waybill they had provided to me . He suggested me to make complaint against homeoffice why send this email and why make me email thrice ( because i couldn't reply to the email as follow up) .
Anyways, my husband again called them and asked does he really need to send documents or not hah!!!? That staff was so clueless and annoying she was like ' send them then ! Why would we want to go through same thing again ?? All our documents are still there and they are telling me to send all sponsor documents like wtf !
Anyways i got email saying escalated and wait maximum 20 working days if not call. Arghhhh more 20 days again? Wtf

Are there anyone going through same like mine ?
Point- i didnot opted for scanning documents during my biometric. I sent off my docs through VFS itself using DHL service. every docs was rechecked by me and reviewed by solicitor. i applied CAT A salary route.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Sunny girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by b813
Trying to seek some advice guys.

- So myself and sponsor (British Citizen) currently live in Hong Kong and have applied for the UK Settlement spouse visa.

- When we applied in Hong Kong we submitted all supporting documents (including my sponsor's) via the scanning service as that is the only way to submit documents in Hong Kong.

- We reached working day 45 yesterday, post biometrics and submission of scanned documents, and we receive an email from UKVI asking for my sponsor to send his documents across to Sheffield.

- We are very confused as we were informed by VFS Global HK when we submitted our documents through the scanning system that we don't need to submit any further documents as both the applicants and sponsors documents have been scanned and submitted to Sheffield.

- Also, I then get an email from UKVI today telling me that HK only allows for documents to be submitted via the scanning system. So this is a complete contradiction to the email we received yesterday asking my sponsor to submit his documents via post.

I call UKVI today to try to understand the situation and was told that although we submitted all the documents through the scanning system, my sponsor has to also send the physical supporting documents directly to Sheffield, although he resides in Hong Kong.

Anyone able to give me some clarity/advice around this??

Confused beyond belief at the moment!

Are you BNO holder? If so, try to make complaint on this.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunny girl
Are you BNO holder? If so, try to make complaint on this.
Unfortunately no, NZ passport holder so can't really do much!
Old Sep 28th 2017, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

adi16 is an unknown quantity at this point

At the end of this email, it also says, "Please disregard this email if you have already submitted your documents."
I think we should all disregard this email because we already submitted all the supporting documents.

Still if any of you want to send your documents go ahead. I am not going to do that. I have proof that I have already submitted all the supporting documents plus VFS centre in HK can confirm that as well.

Best regards.
A

Originally Posted by b813
We are in receipt of your UK Visa Application however we are yet to receive your UK sponsor supporting documentation. Without these documents we are unable to make a full consideration of your application. Can you please ensure that your UK sponsor submits the documentation to the below address within 10 working days of this email.

Sheffield Visa Section
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

If you have paid for the Priority Visa Service please ensure you clearly mark on the envelope that it contains priority visa documents.

In addition to the above, please also ensure that your sponsor provides a suitably sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your Sponsors UK address when the assessment of the application has been completed.

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 10 working days we will make a decision based on the information we already have on file. No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 4:06 am
Just Joined

Haggisandtatties is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Date of Biometrics: 28 April

Location of Biometrics: Bangkok

Date of email receipt from Sheffield: 5th May

Location Constituency of your sponsors MP: East Lothian Mr. Martin Whitfield

No non straight forward email
No requesting additional documents
Nothing from UKVI other than the 31 October deadline 💩
Escalated 2 times MP contacted but no use...
Old Sep 28th 2017, 4:11 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adi16
At the end of this email, it also says, "Please disregard this email if you have already submitted your documents."
I think we should all disregard this email because we already submitted all the supporting documents.

Still if any of you want to send your documents go ahead. I am not going to do that. I have proof that I have already submitted all the supporting documents plus VFS centre in HK can confirm that as well.

Best regards.
A
I think it's more important right now to get your visa decision rather than refusing requests to send your documents, no matter how silly or unfair the request seems to be.

People should send hard copies of documents if requested. Don't risk even more delays or problems.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 4:15 am
Banned

Sunbb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I think it's more important right now to get your visa decision rather than refusing requests to send your documents, no matter how silly or unfair the request seems to be.

People should send hard copies of documents if requested. Don't risk even more delays or problems.
I agree but my documents all originals hard copy are still there in Sheffield not returned back to VFS and VFS has proof as well as dhl proof that it is still there therefore why shoud i send it back again? And i have already got email that my case has been escalated therefore I believe i dont basically my sponsor doesn't need to send again . And the email is proof as ael as telephone conversation. But one should confirm before not sending ! Be sure guys .
Old Sep 28th 2017, 6:36 am
Just Joined

PaulandJoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Kernowian
Garyede
Scousejohn
Hullmonkey
Pinkdia
PaulandJoy
Old Sep 28th 2017, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just heard from a reliable source that Sheffield is overloaded and now regional officices are helping them in processing the outstanding. Mine is probably being handled by the BKK office. If this is true, we can hope for a quicker decision.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
I've just heard from a reliable source that Sheffield is overloaded and now regional officices are helping them in processing the outstanding. Mine is probably being handled by the BKK office. If this is true, we can hope for a quicker decision.
probably yes.
My wife's application was dealt with by Abu Dhabi instead of Sheffield. We paid priority and got it (much to our shock) in 5 working days.

I'm guessing though that Bangkok will have to deal with lot more applications than Abu Dhabi.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Has anyone successfully received their settlement visa where the sponsor (British Citizen) is currently residing with the applicant in a country outside of the UK??

Was told today by the call centre that settlement visas do not apply to those where the sponsor is currently not residing in the UK??
Old Sep 28th 2017, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sunbb
I agree but my documents all originals hard copy are still there in Sheffield not returned back to VFS and VFS has proof as well as dhl proof that it is still there therefore why shoud i send it back again? And i have already got email that my case has been escalated therefore I believe i dont basically my sponsor doesn't need to send again . And the email is proof as ael as telephone conversation. But one should confirm before not sending ! Be sure guys .
Did your sponsor send documents in the UK to Sheffield?

Last edited by b813; Sep 28th 2017 at 9:07 am.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

My son's application on visa4UK has gone in-active. Mine is still active. Hope they are working on ours.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
My son's application on visa4UK has gone in-active. Mine is still active. Hope they are working on ours.
Where on there does it say that? mine says complete but im sure thats just the application
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simonnz
Where on there does it say that? mine says complete but im sure thats just the application
Our have been "complete" since we applied. The status of our son's application only changed just now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.