Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 20th 2018, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

some MPs aren't going to contact UKVI for frequent update.

I may reach out to my MP but don't think they will be willing to do anything unless 12 weeks has passed
Old Aug 21st 2018, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

minhan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nora_
Another question for everyone who might know:

How applications are tracked? Is it all computerized in a way that it gets automatically assigned to ECO when another case is closed?
Initially I thought if there are less application from your country you have opportunity to get the result faster.
But probably country of origin does not impact where your application is in line?
  • Now, I imagine that when application is received - automatic status update happens (probably linked to barcode scanning)
Then;
  • Someone manually scans all the pieces of orginal documents and uploads in to their system under request numbers.
  • One ECO probably will have multiple (but maxed) open request on a daily basis.
  • When one case is closed for ECO - system automatically assigns ECO to another case - that's when we receive ECO assigned email.
  • But this does not mean that ECO will start to work on my case straight away, but probably will be very low on his/her priority due to application being newly assigned.
  • Other priority application taking the priority. e.g if the same ECO got assigned to priority application, my application will wait again.
  • As soon as ECO has that time for my application - they will initiate certain compulsory checks - sending requests for crime/terrorism/if married already/if convicted in another country - this process probably takes like 5 BD minimum.
  • When result comes up clean; then according to checklist - ECO looks into the supporting documents top level. (e.g over 18, meets financial requirements, have place to stay). If everything checks out - then ECO starts to dig into the documents - reading all the bank statements, making sure amount matches with payslips, reads cover letters, looks at pics etc.
This is where it comes "straightforward application" - if whatever is submitted is correct, genuine, checks out, and does not request for ECO to read 10 times to understand, then decision making process gets finalized faster.

I believe big part of our wait is not the time is taking to decide, but system wait - waiting for confirmations to come, waiting for priority cases to be finalized, waiting for complex cases to be finalized. Because physically and mentally ECO only can certain number of open cases at a given point, if someones case is taking longer to decide - because they had multiple rejections before and multiple kids, and have 3 employments going on at the same time, then ECO does not even have time to have a look to new applications.

Above is my imagination - I work in customer supply chain, so tried to find similarities. My only concern would be - how up-to-date technology Home Office is using.

i paid for priority and I only received one email stating that they received my application & supporting documents. My husband called and escalated after 30 working day, escalated second time the week after and received two emails stating that they are very busy.

does it mean I don’t have a ECO assigned to my case yet and my application is still somewhere in the pile waiting for assignment?

grrrrr

Old Aug 22nd 2018, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by minhan

i paid for priority and I only received one email stating that they received my application & supporting documents. My husband called and escalated after 30 working day, escalated second time the week after and received two emails stating that they are very busy.

does it mean I don’t have a ECO assigned to my case yet and my application is still somewhere in the pile waiting for assignment?

grrrrr

What I wrote was my imagination on how it could be (I don't work for HO) - no facts to back it up, just tried to find similarities between my supply chain day job and fill the gaps in my mind.

Potentially - yes, potentially no ECO assigned to your application. ECOs are probably working in clusters (NA/EUROPE/ASIA...), if there has been 100 applciation from region where you applied, and 70 of them were priority, and if most of them were not straightforward, then your time hasn't come yet.

Also, on the bright side - maybe ECO assigned, but system failed to send the generic email.
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

em28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisbanebrit
Hello all,

​​​​I'm a bit confused about an email we've had from the visa Hub at the British Embassy Manila. I can't seem to find any recent info on this (pre jul 2017)...we applied from Brisbane (bio 19.06.18) and sent docs same day. ECO email 4.07.18 from Sheffield and I also sent an additional document on the same day to the Sheffield address. We also got an email from Sheffield about return postage (sent again as was already included), then on 2.08.18 we escalated via email.

14.08.18 we received an email from Manila Visa Hub, Home Office, British Embassy Manila saying the following:
Thank you for your UK visa application which is now under consideration. We aim to process regular non settlement applications within 15 working days, regular settlement applications within 60 working days, priority non settlement applications within 3-5 working days and priority settlement applications within 10 working days.

We apologise that we have been unable to meet these targets at this time. There are a number of reasons why we may not be able to meet our processing targets. We regret we are unable to give you a more detailed information whilst we are processing your application. You will be notified of the outcome of your application once your application has been decided.

I thought all settlement visas were decided on in Sheffield and the passports kept at the regional Embassy? So has the decision been made or is ours being decided on in Manila?

Any light would be much appreciated. Over scrutinising everything and forum stalking for 2 months now, we are utterly exhausted.

Thanks

Congratulations on the visa!
Sheer curiosity here - Was it the Manila Visa Hub that issued the visa in the end or was it Sheffield?
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Brisbanebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by em28
Sheer curiosity here - Was it the Manila Visa Hub that issued the visa in the end or was it Sheffield?
The letter is from Manila. And I've been assured by VFS that the stickers are put in in Sydney!
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

em28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been told the same at VFS with the addition that the sticker is printed in Manila but stuck on in Sydney. Quite a convoluted process!
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by em28

congrats buddy

so I suppose people won't get an email from sheffovisa who have selected the option of picking up their passport from the VFS or TLS contact centre/ VAC centre.

It seems to me you only get the decision made email if you use postal service else you get text or email from the VAC so visasheffo won't send you anything .

right?
Old Aug 26th 2018, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

kiwigal89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Kaceyjade, have you received any further update on your visa? I applied from NZ a week after you so very keen to know when you receive yours as hopefully mine shouldn't be too far behind after that!

If you wouldn't mind updating when you receive yours that would be most appreciated!
Old Aug 28th 2018, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Intheknow2018
******UPADATE!!!!******CASE DECICDED!!!!*********APPROVED!!!!*******

Passport collected with approved visa: 28 August (to travel within 30 days)

Total days from biometric: 58 Business Days
Total days from initial escalation: 27 Business Days

To those waiting - have faith!
Congrats on your Visa

But I believe they only calculate the date from documents received - days calculating from biometrics is only when you submit your docs at the same time as your biometrics (not 10 days after).

On the bright side - it's only 45 BD from documents received

Your initial request of escalation (19/07) was at 20 BD of documents received ( less than 30 days)
Your next escalation (23/07) was at 22 BD of documents received (less than 30 days)

I feel like if just waited - maybe your results would have came even earlier at 01/08
Old Aug 29th 2018, 9:50 am
Just Joined

kaceyjade is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kiwigal89
Hey Kaceyjade, have you received any further update on your visa? I applied from NZ a week after you so very keen to know when you receive yours as hopefully mine shouldn't be too far behind after that!

If you wouldn't mind updating when you receive yours that would be most appreciated!
Hiya! I received it on Monday. Decision made email on Thursday last week (23/8), text message from VFS on Friday (24/8) and then passport with vignette was delivered in the post on Monday (27/8) - all approved. Such a stressful weekend!

Good luck - I hope it's only a few days away for you now! If you escalated around the 30 day period, chase them up, because thats how I found out my passport was being processed in Manila, and once it got to Manila, things seemed to all happen very quickly.

Last edited by kaceyjade; Aug 29th 2018 at 9:58 am.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kaceyjade
Hiya! I received it on Monday. Decision made email on Thursday last week (23/8), text message from VFS on Friday (24/8) and then visa was delivered in the post on Monday (27/8) - all approved. Such a stressful weekend!

Good luck - I hope it's only a few days away for you now! If you escalated around the 30 day period, chase them up, because thats how I found out my passport was being processed in Manila, and once it got to Manila, things seemed to all happen very quickly.
would your visa and passport not be delivered once? I think it is vignette so they won’t send it for you to attach !!
Old Aug 29th 2018, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Matti1107 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I just joined the forum. My wife and son are in the Philippines and I'm working in the uk. We sent in the application and all requested documents on 28.03.18. My son has a British passport and I'm a British citizen. Today is 5 calendar months since biometrics and still waiting. Contacted my local MP last week and he phoned the home office within 2 hours of receiving my email which I thought was quite fast. Not sure if it will have any positive effect yet but he said he will call again in 2 weeks if no decision has been made by then. The process and the delay has cost us around £2000 extra for various reasons and a lot of stress, worry and inconvenience. We are hoping for a reply before the end this week.

I think most MP's will try to help but it depends on the person and how much time they have.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Pollyjoanne is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh gosh reading all these responses have made me rather worried! Myself and my fiance were so niave to this process when we started out.

I'm a UK citizen and my fiance is from the US.
We have paid for priority processing.
Biometrics taken Kansas City: 17th August 2018
Documents sent to Sheffield:28th August 2018 (first class tracked from Halifax so should get there today or tomorrow.)

We have used a solicitor (an extra cost after the visa and priority service 😡)

My biggest fear now is that I didn't use VFS to send the documents I just used Royal Mail Air Pavillion (sent a prepaid envelop and shipping label) to get my fiances documents back to him after the decision is made. I used them because during the collection of info for our visa we have been sending each other things with this service and found it relatively quick and cheap.
Will Sheffield use this to send him his documents back or will they refuse and exclusively use VFS.
Also the wait time has me worried. Paid priority so expected a decision by 30 days? Seems it might be ALOT longer. His rugby club will be very worried with the season starting in September haha. I'm worried because he left May 7th when his visitor visa ran out so it's 115 days since I last saw him 😭.
Any and all advice/anecdotes/similar personal cases will really help.
Old Aug 30th 2018, 1:50 am
Just Joined

Pollyjoanne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyjoanne
Oh gosh reading all these responses have made me rather worried! Myself and my fiance were so niave to this process when we started out.

I'm a UK citizen and my fiance is from the US.
We have paid for priority processing.
Biometrics taken Kansas City: 17th August 2018
Documents sent to Sheffield:28th August 2018 (first class tracked from Halifax so should get there today or tomorrow.)

We have used a solicitor (an extra cost after the visa and priority service 😡)

My biggest fear now is that I didn't use VFS to send the documents I just used Royal Mail Air Pavillion (sent a prepaid envelop and shipping label) to get my fiances documents back to him after the decision is made. I used them because during the collection of info for our visa we have been sending each other things with this service and found it relatively quick and cheap.
Will Sheffield use this to send him his documents back or will they refuse and exclusively use VFS.
Also the wait time has me worried. Paid priority so expected a decision by 30 days? Seems it might be ALOT longer. His rugby club will be very worried with the season starting in September haha. I'm worried because he left May 7th when his visitor visa ran out so it's 115 days since I last saw him 😭.
Any and all advice/anecdotes/similar personal cases will really help.
I tracked my royal mail and they did recieve the documents today just no email from them to tell me that!
Old Aug 30th 2018, 2:18 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyjoanne
I tracked my royal mail and they did recieve the documents today just no email from them to tell me that!
It's not unusual to not receive a 'documents received' email.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.